Houston received documents on: 2/20/07
Date of Acknowledgment : 3/13/07
Photo/Signature Scanned : 3/23/07
Registration status Granted : 4/6/07
Documents Printed : 4/7/07
Documents Despatched From Delhi : 4/9/07
Documents Received at Houston : 4/11/07
Passport Mailed to Houston : 4/16/07
Passport + OCI booklet received : 4/20/07 (I used a passport agent for this to get safely and quickly and it costed me $140 for 4 people)

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI Houston

Were you able to drive down and collect the documents from the Houston consulate?
After OCI application is granted and received at Houston & mailing the passports to consulate, seems like the consulate takes 4-5 weeks to return the passports and the OCI documents. :(

I am considering driving down from Dallas to Houston, to present the passports in person, and getting the OCI documents.

Has anyone done that before and what was the experience like ? :confused:

Friends, I have sent my passports for OCI Stamping. The Houston Consulate received them on Feb 20th and I still haven't received them yet.

Here 's My Timeline

OCI Houston
Filled Online : 8-JAN-07
Sent documents : 18-JAN-07
Houston received documents on: 21-JAN-07
Date of Acknowledgment : 01-FEB-2007
Registration status Granted : 10-FEB-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned : 08-FEB-2007
Documents Printed : Printed on 10-FEB-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi : 10-FEB-2007
Documents Received at Houston : 15-FEB-2007
Passports Received at Houston: 20-FEB-2007
Email Notification About OCI Approval: 27-FEB-2007

Passport + OCI booklet received : ??

I have a trip scheduled on March 14th, 2007 and I have sent any number of emails, called via phone to reach the consulate, faxed my Information Just to know where my passports are and what's the status on them. So far I had No Luck. Can any one let me know how long it's taking them to return the passports and if any other alternatives?

Thanks a Lot
were you able to track the timeline for getting back the passports after OCI statmping in Houston.

Atlanta; OCI Houston: :)

N-400 R.D.: 12/7/06
F.P.: 1/4/07
Interview: 2/14/07
Oath: 4/6/07
Passport Appled: 4/6/07
Passport Recieved: 4/27/07
Filled Online : 4/27/07
Sent Part A & Part B : 4/28/07
Indian Passport sent for Cancellation: 4/28/07
Houston received documents on:
Date of Acknowledgment :
Photo/Signature Scanned :
Registration status Granted :
Documents Printed :
Documents Despatched From Delhi :
Documents Received at Houston :
Passport Mailed to Houston :
Passport + OCI booklet received :

OCI Acknowledged

Atlanta DO, Houston

-------------------
N-400
PD: 01/04/07
FP: 02/01/07
ID: 03/13/2007 - same day oath

Passport Appled: 03/24/07
Passport Recieved: 04/05/07
Indian Psprt Cancellation: 4/07/07 - at Visa Camp
Filled Online : 04/09/07
Sent Part A & Part B : 04/11/07
Recd at Houston: 04/13/07
Date of Acknowledgment : 04/30/07
Documents Printed :

Which passport Agent?

OCI Houston
Filled Online : 2/8/07
Sent documents : 2/17/07
Houston received documents on: 2/20/07
Date of Acknowledgment : 3/13/07
Photo/Signature Scanned : 3/23/07
Registration status Granted : 4/6/07
Documents Printed : 4/7/07
Documents Despatched From Delhi : 4/9/07
Documents Received at Houston : 4/11/07
Passport Mailed to Houston : 4/16/07
Passport + OCI booklet received : 4/20/07 (I used a passport agent for this to get safely and quickly and it costed me $140 for 4 people)

Can you please tell us which passport agency you have used? Is it the same one that you have quoted in your previous post?

My Docs have been printed today May 03. Not yet dispatched to houston (hopefully they should recive it in another week or so). I have a planned trip to India on Jun 13th and I am wondering if I should go to the visa camp on May 05 in Atlanta to get my visa or just pay the cost to the passport agent to get my OCI from houston safely and quickly. Please reply soon.

Thank you.
hp007

Photo/signature scanned

Photo/signature scanned today...

-------------------
N-400
PD: 01/04/07
FP: 02/01/07
ID: 03/13/2007 - same day oath

Passport Appled: 03/24/07
Passport Recieved: 04/05/07
Indian Psprt Cancellation: 4/07/07 - at Visa Camp
Filled Online : 04/09/07
Sent Part A & Part B : 04/11/07
Recd at Houston: 04/13/07
Date of Acknowledgment : 04/30/07
Photo/Signature Scanned : 05/08/07
Documents Printed :

Acknowledgment

15-Apr-07: Filled Online
17-Apr-07: Sent Part A & Part B
20-Apr-07: Received at Houston
09-May-07: Date Of Acknowledgment
xx-xxx-xx: Photo/Signature Scanned
xx-xxx-xx: Registration status Granted
xx-xxx-xx: Documents Printed
xx-xxx-xx: Documents Despatched From Delhi
xx-xxx-xx: Documents Received at Houston
xx-xxx-xx: Passport Mailed to Houston
xx-xxx-xx: Passport + OCI booklet received

Acknowledgment Recieved

Acknowledgment Recieved. Glad to see brisk process at HOU.

Atlanta; OCI Houston:

Houston received documents on: 5/1/07
Date of Acknowledgment : 5/11/07
Documents Printed :

Can you pl tell how to get passport agencies to collect the passports after OCI sticker. Can the passports be collected by others from the consulate with an authorization letter from the passport owner. I have my tickets to travel to india on jun4th. The photgraphs were scanned on may8th. I don't see any update in the online status so far. Wondering what to do to get my OCI before 4th of june.

Answer to ur question

Can you pl tell how to get passport agencies to collect the passports after OCI sticker. Can the passports be collected by others from the consulate with an authorization letter from the passport owner. I have my tickets to travel to india on jun4th. The photgraphs were scanned on may8th. I don't see any update in the online status so far. Wondering what to do to get my OCI before 4th of june.

While you can't do much to get your OCI to Houston office, you can definitely do something to get it from them after your OCI is approved and stickers reach Houston office. Mine has been approved and received by Houston on May 10th. I am using www.passportsplus.com as my agent to get OCI stickers/booklets from Houston. If you are from Atlanta area, there is a Visa camp on Jun2 (check with cgihouston.org).

Good luck with your process.

Went through this thread, could not find a clear answer for these info. I am yet to file for myself and family.
1. When you fill the online form for Part A and hit save - I understand it generates the reg # and is that where you print the forms A and B?
2. Is form B fillable at that time or hand filled?
3. If it generates form A (filled version I hope) to print, does it have the signature box? What do you do for the kids - I have one aged 6. Do you put their fingerprints in the box?

thanks for your help

When you complete form online for part A, you can print filled up Part A and Empty Part B. You then hand fill Part B. Yes, there is a box for each applicant to sign, my guess is you can have your kid to either write their name or finger print at time in the box provided. Also you need 2 copies, so plan accordingly, fill one and get a photo copy or print 2 copies and hand fill both.

I am through filling the application, now the tricky part for me is to get pictures taken, we are not able to find a place where they can put a non-white, light colored back ground for our pictures. What are you guys doing for pictures?

s_a_kumar.

Went through this thread, could not find a clear answer for these info. I am yet to file for myself and family.
1. When you fill the online form for Part A and hit save - I understand it generates the reg # and is that where you print the forms A and B?
2. Is form B fillable at that time or hand filled?
3. If it generates form A (filled version I hope) to print, does it have the signature box? What do you do for the kids - I have one aged 6. Do you put their fingerprints in the box?

thanks for your help

When you complete form online for part A, you can print filled up Part A and Empty Part B. You then hand fill Part B. Yes, there is a box for each applicant to sign, my guess is you can have your kid to either write their name or finger print at time in the box provided. Also you need 2 copies, so plan accordingly, fill one and get a photo copy or print 2 copies and hand fill both.

I am through filling the application, now the tricky part for me is to get pictures taken, we are not able to find a place where they can put a non-white, light colored back ground for our pictures. What are you guys doing for pictures?

s_a_kumar.

s_a_kumar -
Thanks for the info. The sticky has most of the info (about the copies etc), but does not have some of the info you had mentioned.
As far as the photo is concerned - it mentions the same thing for Visa too. But I took the photo in Costco and submitted it and worked out fine - It was at the Dallas camp last week. It had a white background. I believe the main thing they want is a light color background vs a dark color background. So I plan to go to Costco again.

Anyone else - please share your experience about kid stuff for Part A - fingerprint or writing the name - in the signature box.

OCI...got it finally.

Hi,

Applied part B on Apr 4th.
Ack - Apr 20
Granted/Printed doc - May 3rd
Mailed to Houston - May 4th
Reached Houston - May 10th
Passport/OCI in my hands - May 17th.

Used www.passportsplus.com (thanks three_year_waiter) as agents to retrieve our (family of 4) OCI from houston. They are expensive though..charged $40 per person + mailing charges ($22) + 3% for using credit card.

Houston seems to be working hard lately. Keep it up and Thanks.

nJoy.

Congratulations HP007!!!! Glad to see that CGI Houston is stepping up and moving things quick. Good for them and good for us!! There are a few of us behind you in the line. Your processing time gives us hope that ours will get done soon.

Enjoy and have fun!!

Prasad

Photo/signature scanned

19-May-07: Photo/Signature Scanned
xx-xxx-xx: Registration status Granted
xx-xxx-xx: Documents Printed
xx-xxx-xx: Documents Despatched From Delhi
xx-xxx-xx: Documents Received at Houston
xx-xxx-xx: Passport Mailed to Houston
xx-xxx-xx: Passport + OCI booklet received

Photo Scanned

Photo Scanned. Way to Go HOU.

Atlanta; OCI Houston:

Houston received documents on: 5/1/07
Date of Acknowledgment : 5/11/07
Photo/Signature Scanned : 5/19/07
Documents Printed :

Registration status Granted

19-May-07: Photo/Signature Scanned
21-May-07: Registration status Granted
22-MAY-07: Documents Printed
22-MAY-07: Documents Dispatched From Delhi
29-MAY-07: Documents Received at Houston
30-MAY-07: Passports Mailed to Houston
31-MAY-07: Passports Reached Houston
xx-xxx-xx: US Passport with U Visa + OCI booklet + Cancelled Indian Passport Received

How reliable is it to use a third party Passport collection agency? How do you authorize them to collect your passports? I live in Macon, near Atlanta, GA.

Our OCI has been granted & received at Houston on May 7th & our passports were received on May 8th. We even sent a self addressed Fedex envelope to have it mailed back to us. It is already May 22nd & there is no trace of our passports. Our tickets to India are for June 5th and I need some direction in this matter. As you call know CGI Houston cannot be reached :)