OCI - Houston Tracker

Here's my update:

Received Houston: 9/15
Date of ack: 23-OCT-2006 (No email from them, BTW. Just online status)
Photo/Signature Scanned On 28-OCT-2006
Registration Status Granted On 03-NOV-2006
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 04-NOV-2006
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 06-NOV-2006
Documents Received at HOUSTON: 09-NOV-2006

Houston received my OCI application on Oct 21st and no ack yet via online check. Did anyone sent around that time? Does it take 4 weeks for the acnowledgement?

Thanks!!

No Ack yet

Our application was received in Houston CGI on Oct 6th, 2006. As of now (Nov 19th, 2006), no acknowledgement yet. No change in online status. Anyone in similar situation?

OCI Granted

Just saw the online status change to Delivered in Houston. Mailed my US & India passports right away with a copy of the online status. Will see how long it will take for them to stamp OCI and cancel Indian passport and mail back to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
CGI Houston seems backed up...

.. due to a spike in holiday visas/passports.

I've been hearing typical wait times of 4-6 weeks.

Any experiences collecting OCI docs in person ??

After OCI application is granted and received at Houston & mailing the passports to consulate, seems like the consulate takes 4-5 weeks to return the passports and the OCI documents. :(

I am considering driving down from Dallas to Houston, to present the passports in person, and getting the OCI documents.

Has anyone done that before and what was the experience like ? :confused:

I went by CGI Houston office to drop off my passports and was pleasantly surprised to know that I could pick up the stamped passports the same afternoon. No problems at all. Please note their working hours in the morning before you make the drive. I believe that they close around 12:30. The only catch is that they do not refund the $15 mailing fees, if you have already included that in your original application.

Here are the details:

Date of mailing the application 15-NOV-2006
Date Of Acknowledgment 15-DEC-2006
Registration Status Granted On 22-DEC-2006
Photo/Signature Scanned On 20-DEC-2006
Documents Printing Status PRINTED
Documents Printed On 22-DEC-2006
Documents Despatched From Delhi On 22-DEC-2006
Documents Received at HOUSTON On 28-DEC-2006

OCI Stamped and Received Passports on 29-DEC-2006.

Affixing the photos

Hello,

Finally I was able to take PP pictures using ePassportphoto.com and making 4x6 picture of 6 photos and printing it. But I was confused about affixing, and not stapling. So I just used a clip to clip the photo to the application and putting some extra photos in another envelope and sending along with the application. I hope it is ok. The reason I did not glue is that it would be hard to take it off and also it would look messy.

Did anybody do the same thing? Please let me know.

Thanks.

notarize or Self Attest in the OCI form

Sorry if this has been answered before on this forum. I am a new user so excuse me.

Do all the supporting documents for an OCI need to be notarized or if I sign them that is enough?
For kid's supporting documents, can I sign them or do I need to get them notarized?

The mailing fee 0f $15 should be sent for each applicant or just one $15 Cashier's check is enough for the entire family?

Thx in advance for answering.

indoUS123 said:
Sorry if this has been answered before on this forum. I am a new user so excuse me.

Do all the supporting documents for an OCI need to be notarized or if I sign them that is enough?
For kid's supporting documents, can I sign them or do I need to get them notarized?

The mailing fee 0f $15 should be sent for each applicant or just one $15 Cashier's check is enough for the entire family?

Thx in advance for answering.

Just one $15 check is enough for the entier family.

I did all documents notarized. But my friend did signed self and got approved without any issues.

OCI Enquiries

I submitted my OCI application by USPS certified mail and received the return receipt on Oct 30, 2006.

According to the website, it normally takes about 12 weeks for processing.

In order to use the Online Enquiry one has to know the File Acknowledgement number or the Online Reference number. I did not receive any of this information from the consulate.

Am I missing something here? Did I mistakenly delete the e-mail that notified the File Acknowledgement number?

Any ideas are welcome. Calling the consulate does not help as the phone is always busy. Nobody replied to my e-mail either.

Please let me know what my next step is.

THANKS!

OCI Passports

Friends, I have sent my passports for OCI Stamping. The Houston Consulate received them on Feb 20th and I still haven't received them yet.

Here 's My Timeline

OCI Houston
Filled Online : 8-JAN-07
Sent documents : 18-JAN-07
Houston received documents on: 21-JAN-07
Date of Acknowledgment : 01-FEB-2007
Registration status Granted : 10-FEB-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned : 08-FEB-2007
Documents Printed : Printed on 10-FEB-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi : 10-FEB-2007
Documents Received at Houston : 15-FEB-2007
Passports Received at Houston: 20-FEB-2007
Email Notification About OCI Approval: 27-FEB-2007

Passport + OCI booklet received : ??

I have a trip scheduled on March 14th, 2007 and I have sent any number of emails, called via phone to reach the consulate, faxed my Information Just to know where my passports are and what's the status on them. So far I had No Luck. Can any one let me know how long it's taking them to return the passports and if any other alternatives?

Thanks a Lot

In the same boat SJAMES

OCI Houston
Filled Online : 1-JAN-07
Sent documents : 8-JAN-07
Houston received documents on: 9-JAN-07
Date of Acknowledgment : 24-JAN-2007
Registration status Granted : 06-FEB-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned : 31-JAN-2007
Documents Printed : Printed on 07-FEB-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi : 07-FEB-2007
Documents Received at Houston : 14-FEB-2007
Passports Received at Houston: 19-FEB-2007
Email Notification About OCI Approval: 23-FEB-2007

Passport + OCI booklet received : ??

It is the third week that I am expecting the passport (US and Indian) with no luck. they are not answering telephone calls, emails and any other mode of communication in the world. I am just loving it. Truly Yours, HoustonLover(!) :D

OK, Nightmare finally ended. I had my friend pick up my passports at the Houston Consulate. Here is what he described. "The situation at the Consulate is Hopeless". They searched for my passports in the Delivery room for an hour and started asking questions like when I sent them in? How many Passports? They commented not to send passports by mail and to do so in person etc etc...There were people who flew in from Florida after 3 weeks of passports and while my friend was in the consulate, they were still searching for their passports. Good Luck to all.

That is basically how they play with Peoples Life. After all this you might actually get your passport the very next day! But is this Tension and Stress warranted to our already stressed out life?

OCI Houston
Filled Online : 8-JAN-07
Sent documents : 18-JAN-07
Houston received documents on: 21-JAN-07
Date of Acknowledgment : 01-FEB-2007
Registration status Granted : 10-FEB-2007
Photo/Signature Scanned : 08-FEB-2007
Documents Printed : Printed on 10-FEB-2007
Documents Despatched From Delhi : 10-FEB-2007
Documents Received at Houston : 15-FEB-2007
Passports Received at Houston: 20-FEB-2007
Email Notification About OCI Approval: 27-FEB-2007

Passport + OCI booklet received : 08-MAR-2007

No Acknowledgement Yet from Houston CGI

Hello everyone-
I mailed my OCI application to Hoston CGI on Feb 17 and it was delivered on Feb 20 (19 days have passed since it was delivered). I checked the online status today by entering the Online registration number and got the message "Application with this number not yet Acknowledged". Does it normally take this long just to acknowledge the application?

Thanks.

Help!!

I applied for OCI in January and the online status says that the application was granted and the documents were received at Houston on Feb 14th. I thought I should send the passport only after they send me the OCI documents. But I have not received any document from the consulate and I have not sent my passport to the consulate yet. Should I go ahead and send my American Passport to Houston to get stamped and get it back?

Any info is appreciated.

I am seeing lot of people saying that their passports are misplaced or took for ever to get back and I am concerned now.
Currently my OCI is under process and I will have to send my passports to Houston consulate some time next month when it is approved.
I did some research online and spoke to a passport/visa agent Passport Plus Inc. and she said I can send my passports to them and they will hand carry and get it stamped and mail me back. They usually only do visas and when I explained her about OCI, she said they can do that too.
I am planning on using them. Their charges are $29 per passport and fedex charges.
http://www.passportsplus.com/visa_india.html

Warning: I have not used yet and not endorsing them but definitely planning on using them. I used a similar service for my son's US passport/visa and amagingly I got them both together in 4 days at a cost.

Any one used similar services before?

OCI Houston
Filled Online : 2/8/07
Sent documents : 2/17/07
Houston received documents on: 2/20/07
Date of Acknowledgment : 3/13/07
Registration status Granted : Still waiting
Photo/Signature Scanned : 3/23/07

Hi,

I am new to the OCI thread. My wife and i just got our US passport and plan to send in the OCI paperwork on monday. What is the current processing time like? I checked this thread and looks like there is a lot of variance. We plan to go to india end of may and i was wondering if we have any chance of getting oci stamping done by then?

aramamo

I just finished my dad's OCI and it took 12 weeks. So i dont think it would be a good idea to risk it if you want to travel in May.

Houston seems to be a little slow when it comes to moving paper around.
New York seems to be the fastest!

Also applying in person doesn't help very much.

Nred