OCI - Chicago Tracker

Hi

I sent my application on July 14th and it was received on July 16th. Still no acknowledgmeent. Anybody else in that situation?

MNROCH123, is your application acknowledged yet?

Thanks

Hi

I sent my application on July 14th and it was received on July 16th. Still no acknowledgmeent. Anybody else in that situation?

Thanks

No not yet. It seems that the Chicago consulate is different!

OCI apllied

Application mailed: 12-JULY-2008
Application received by Chicago Consulate: 14-JULY-2008
Date Of Acknowledgment: 06-SEP-2008

Website indicates the following -
Ordinarily, OCI Registration Certificate and Visa are available for delivery within 30 days from the date of acknowledgment. If there are any objections regarding Photographs/Signature/Thumb impression etc,the same should be cleared by the applicant by sending another copy of the document(s) to the concerned Mission/Office.

Hi

Thanks

Just checked and found the acknowledgement (dated September 7, 2008)

Received the passports/OCI documents back from the consulate. Here is my timeline:

04/21/2008 Registered on the website
04/22/2008 Mailed
04/23/2008 Delivered at Chicago Indian Consulate
05/23/2008 Acknowledged
05/31/2008 Granted
05/31/2008 Scanned / Printed
06/04/2008 Documents dispateched from Delhi
06/10/2008 Documents received at Chicago
09/02/2008* Passports Mailed
09/09/2008 Passport/OCI Docs Received back

Good luck to everybody ...

Application mailed : 12-JUL-2008
Chicago Consulate : 14-JUL-2008
Date Of Acknowledgment : 06-SEP-2008
Photo / Signature Scan : 11-SEP-2008

My timeline... so far

07/22/2008 Delivered at Chicago Indian Consulate
09/11/2008 Acknowledged
XX/XX/XXX Granted
XX/XX/XXX Scanned / Printed
XX/XX/XXX Documents dispatched from Delhi
XX/XX/XXX Documents received at Chicago

Oci granted

Application mailed: 12-JULY-2008
Application received by Chicago Consulate: 14-JULY-2008
Date Of Acknowledgment: 06-SEP-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned: 11-SEP2008
Registration Status Granted: 13-SEP-2008

OCI Docuemnts Printed

Application mailed : 12-JULY-2008
Application received by Chicago Consulate : 14-JULY-2008
Date of Acknowledgment : 06-SEP-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned : 11-SEP2008
Registration Status Granted : 13-SEP-2008
Documents Printed Date : 13-SEP-2008

My Registration status granted sows as Sept 12th. And so is my wife and Kids.
for my wife and kids, it shows that the documents were printed on 13th sept. However, for my application, it says not yet. Is that something I need to worry about?

My Registration status granted sows as Sept 12th. And so is my wife and Kids.
for my wife and kids, it shows that the documents were printed on 13th sept. However, for my application, it says not yet. Is that something I need to worry about?

If the status has been granted for all of you, I don't think there is any need to worry at this point. They should catch up with printing yours shortly.

My wife's OCI documents arrived at Chicago on 7th Sept. I am sending her passport to the consulate.

That's great. I have one suggestion: This kind of one-line messages aren't of much use to anyone. If you can post the entire time-line from mailing application to Chicago consulate to ACK, grant, ..., etc. including the date of mailing of passport and receipt of OCI docs at your home, it will at least give people an idea of how long Chicago is taking for OCI process completion. Thanks.

That's great. I have one suggestion: This kind of one-line messages aren't of much use to anyone. If you can post the entire time-line from mailing application to Chicago consulate to ACK, grant, ..., etc. including the date of mailing of passport and receipt of OCI docs at your home, it will at least give people an idea of how long Chicago is taking for OCI process completion. Thanks.

If you search for my posts on this thead you will see that i have posted every updates. I can't put all updates in my signature because I already have my green card updates there and this site only allows certain number of characters in your signature.

My timeline... so far

07/22/2008 Delivered at Chicago Indian Consulate
09/11/2008 Acknowledged
09/13/2008 Granted
09/13/2008 Scanned / Printed
09/18/2008 Documents dispatched from Delhi
xx/xx/xxxx Documents received at Chicago

Documents despatched from delhi

Application mailed : 12-JULY-2008
Application received by Chicago Consulate : 14-JULY-2008
Date of Acknowledgment : 06-SEP-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned : 11-SEP2008
Registration Status Granted : 13-SEP-2008
Documents Printed Date : 13-SEP-2008
Documents despatched from delhi on : 18-SEP-2008

quick question on hicago OCI

hello folks.... I have a question on when Chicago consulate banks/deposits the cashiers check or money order sent with oci application.?

the reason why i was asking is , to make sure if my application has reached chicago or not ? Unfortunatly , i had sent my application by ordinary post in Aug first week . So i dont have any tracking info .My cashiers checks were not cashed as on sep 22nd. I dont have my any acknowledgemnt from OCI. I also see from other posts applications sent in july were getting acknowledged in sept first week.

I am not getting the OCI contact person on phone at all for the last 2 days. I can wait for OCI. but i want to make sure if my application reached chicago or not .

My main question was my application received by chicago consulate .? meanwhile your answers that when chicago consulate banks the money order/cashiers check will really help...

thanks in advance.......

Last edited by a moderator:
hello folks.... I have a question on when Chicago consulate banks/deposits the cashiers check or money order sent with oci application.?

the reason why i was asking is , to make sure if my application has reached chicago or not ? Unfortunatly , i had sent my application by ordinary post in Aug first week . So i dont have any tracking info .My cashiers checks were not cashed as on sep 22nd. I dont have my any acknowledgemnt from OCI. I also see from other posts applications sent in july were getting acknowledged in sept first week.

I am not getting the OCI contact person on phone at all for the last 2 days. I can wait for OCI. but i want to make sure if my application reached chicago or not .

My main question was my application received by chicago consulate .? meanwhile your answers that when chicago consulate banks the money order/cashiers check will really help...

thanks in advance.......

bumping to get answers................

Wife's OCI Timeline

Here is my wife's OCI timeline

07/09 - Application mailed to Chicago Consulate
07/10 - Application received @ Chicago Consulate
08/21 - Application acknowledged online
08/27 - Photo/signature scanned
08/30 - Registration status granted
09/01 - Documents printed
09/03 - Documents dispatched from Delhi
09/07 - Documents received @ Chicago Consulate