OCI - Chicago Tracker

Still My status shows granted. No other actions

My OCI was granted on Sept 12th ma sn so was my families. Hwoever, their documents were printed and dispatched from Delhi on sept 18th, but my application still says granted.
Whom should I contact?
Is there a Chicago consulate e-mail?
The phone number does not seem to work. It just rings or comes as busy.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Dip123

If the status has been granted for all of you, I don't think there is any need to worry at this point. They should catch up with printing yours shortly.

My OCI was granted on Sept 12th ma sn so was my families. Hwoever, their documents were printed and dispatched from Delhi on sept 18th, but my application still says granted.
Whom should I contact?
Is there a Chicago consulate e-mail?
The phone number does not seem to work. It just rings or comes as busy.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Dip123

The only email I could find on their web site is: info@indianconsulate.com. Try and see if there is any response. Good luck.

Documents received at chicago consulate

Application mailed : 12-JULY-2008
Application received by Chicago Consulate : 14-JULY-2008
Date of Acknowledgment : 06-SEP-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned : 11-SEP2008
Registration Status Granted : 13-SEP-2008
Documents Printed Date : 13-SEP-2008
Documents despatched from delhi on : 18-SEP-2008
Documents received at chicago consulate : 03-OCT-2008 ( This message was posted on 02-OCT-2008 on the consulate inquiry page) :rolleyes:

Collected OCI at Chicago Consulate

Application mailed : 12-JULY-2008
Application received by Chicago Consulate : 14-JULY-2008
Date of Acknowledgment : 06-SEP-2008
Photo/Signature Scanned : 11-SEP2008
Registration Status Granted : 13-SEP-2008
Documents Printed Date : 13-SEP-2008
Documents despatched from delhi on : 18-SEP-2008
Documents received at chicago consulate : 03-OCT-2008
Collected OCI at chicago Consulate : 03-OCT-2008

OCI may be collected at chicago consulate, after documents have been recieved at chicago consulate from New Delhi, on all working days between 11:30 A.M and 12:30 P.M. The approx wait time is 30-45 minutes.Take your U.S passports, Indian Passports ( For cancellation), PIO (if any, for cancellation)

Please check www.indianconsulate.com for details and status of your OCI before you head off to the consulate.

Last edited by a moderator:
OCI Application sent

I sent my OCI application yesterday and it will be received today. OCI Journey begins for me at Chicago.

acknowledgement how long does it take

How long does it take for an acknowledgement at chicago
they received my application on Friday 10/17/08

In fact the online status showe this morning (10/24) my photo/signature was scanned on 10/24 and now (still 10/24 afternoon) it shows Granted on 10/25 (I know it is already 10/25 in India little past midnight). Kinda surreal to see your app granted on 10/25 when it is still 10/24 here in US.

Recent OCI Chicago filers

I'm getting ready to send in my OCI application to Indian Consulate in Chicago. I wanted to check with you before I ship out my application. It's for my spouse and I:

a) I have Part A (me) + Part A (spouse) + Part B + Passport copies (current and previous nationality)

b) Three additional photos attached to Part A of each applicant (1st set only)

c) Cashier's check for the amount $571 [275+20+275+1]

Some questions:
1) Do you recommend a cover letter ?
2) Do I need to notarize the passport copies ?
3) Do I need to include copy of birth certificates ? (we're born in India)
4) Copy of naturalization certificate ?
5) Include Indian passports for cancellation ? or should I wait until the U Visa is received at the consulate ?

Thanks all

No online status yet

Dear all -

I applied OCI for my 5 month old and sent out the application on Aug 9th, 2008. I still do not see any status online. Can you please advice the next steps I should take? What is the phone number I should use to check the OCI status?

Thanks for your advice

question re: collection of U visa

my wife and son's application has been mailed from India, awaiting to receive at Chicago.
I am planning to pick it up personally for my wife and son. On website, it says that if applicant is not coming personally than a duly authorized person is ok.

What do they mean by duly authorized - do I have to go with some extra documents if I am collecting OCI cards for my wife and son?

my wife and son's application has been mailed from India, awaiting to receive at Chicago.
I am planning to pick it up personally for my wife and son. On website, it says that if applicant is not coming personally than a duly authorized person is ok.

What do they mean by duly authorized - do I have to go with some extra documents if I am collecting OCI cards for my wife and son?

If you didn't apply yourself, then by definition your wife would have been the applicant. Just carry a letter from her saying that she is authorizing you to pick up her (and your son's) OCI docs.

My application has not been acknowledged yet. WHy is the consulate so inefficient in doing this task. Just to acknowledge the receipt why they are taking so many days.

My application has not been acknowledged yet. WHy is the consulate so inefficient in doing this task. Just to acknowledge the receipt why they are taking so many days.

As has been said many times before on this forum, consulates don't acknowledge the receipt of OCI applications - the only proof you have that they received it is your USPS (or other courier's) tracking info. The first time you'll see any change in your application's online status is when the processing of your application starts in India, and it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks (or even longer in some cases). I know it can be puzzling or frustrating, but that is the way it is. Just have patience.

As has been said many times before on this forum, consulates don't acknowledge the receipt of OCI applications - the only proof you have that they received it is your USPS (or other courier's) tracking info. The first time you'll see any change in your application's online status is when the processing of your application starts in India, and it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 weeks (or even longer in some cases). I know it can be puzzling or frustrating, but that is the way it is. Just have patience.

Thanks.

So looks like it's okay if I do not see my case online for another few weeks, I was kind of expecting my case online in week to 10 days.

I applied for OCI on August 20. It took more than a month to get acknowledgment.
I paid for mailing charges at the time of my application.
2 weeks ago I found my OCI has been approved and received by the Consulate in Chicago.
I mailed my passport, the status page from the Chicago Consulate and my US and Indian passports on Friday October 31st. I have still not received my passports back.
How long will it take to get them back. I live in MN.

Thanks

OCI - Chicago Timeline

09/23/08 - Family Application mailed to Chicago
09/25/08 - Application delivered in Chicago
10/22/08 - Date of Acknowledgment
10/24/08 - Photo/Signature Scanned
10/25/08 - Registration Status Granted
10/27/08 - Documents Printed
10/30/08 - Documents Despatched (sic) from Delhi
11/08/08 - Documents Received at Chicago
11/14/08 - Collected Documents personally at CGI Chicago :D