OCI - Chicago Tracker

All Done

All done folks. Went and picked up the OCI documents from the consulate. :)

After F1, OPT, H1, Green Card, Citizenship and OCI I am finally done with the immigration issue! It feels great - thanks to all on this awesome forum for their help and support.

Good luck to all of you out there.

OCI App sent: Oct 1 2006
OCI Granted and Printed: Nov 18 2006
OCI Ready for Pickup: Nov 28 2006

OCI pickup ?

Spritual -- Congratulations. Question on pickup. Did you go to consulate in the evening (2 - 4 pm) to pickup or you have to submit the passports in morning and then again pick it up in evening. Your reply is appreciated. Thanks. :)

citi_seeker said:
Spritual -- Congratulations. Question on pickup. Did you go to consulate in the evening (2 - 4 pm) to pickup or you have to submit the passports in morning and then again pick it up in evening. Your reply is appreciated. Thanks. :)
Citi_seeker - you need to go to the consulate at 2:00pm - no need to submit anything in the morning. You submit your passports at 2:00 and its done by 2:15..very cool!

U visa stamp and OCI booklet

simple_guy said:
I came home this evening from work and found a DHL envelope outside the door. Yes, it had my passport with U visa stamp and OCI booklet. Cancelled indian passport was not returned but i don't care.

Hello All,

I am planning to send my US Passport to get U visa stamp and OCI booklet.
I would like to get my passport back by Expressmail/ FedEx. What is the best way to do this? Can I send them a prepaid Expressmail/ FedEx envelope ( I might have to travel on a short notice..)?

Thanks for your help.

Lp

Any applicants in decemeber 06 @Chicago

I applied for OCI on 12/4/2006 and still find that the money order is yet to be encashed. I'm just worried if the OCI application has reached the indian consulate or not.. Any applicants in december that has got any sort of acks may please post your expereiences.

Thanks

I am in the same boat, sent early Dec, nothing so far. MO not cashed. The only thing I got it I can see Post office tracking shows it was delivered on time.

My time line

OCI Online Application 12/27/2006
OCI App mailed to Chicago 12/28/2006
Application Received 12/29/2006
Acknowledged ???
From india ???
Received Chicago ???
Received booklet/passport ???

My Status info

My Status info
Consulate - Chicago
10/25/2006 - Part A Online
11/01/2006 - Sent OCI app
11/04/2006 - OCI app reaches Chicago
12/10/2006 - Acknowledged
12/14/2006 - Granted/Scanned/Printed/Dispatched from Delhi
12/22/2006 - Documents Received @ Chicago
1/5/2007 - Passports reach Chicago
Currently awaiting Passports to be mailed back from Chicago via USPS Priority Mail ( I enclosed a prepaid/stamped envelope)

Status Update

Sent my passport for stamp and booklet on 12/21/06.
It has been 3 weeks and I have not received my passport back.

Here is my OCI Timeline -
Online Submission: 10/23/06
Posted USPS : 10/28/06
Date Delivered : 11/1/06
OCI Granted : 12/8/2006
Printed/Dispatched : 12/11/2006
Docs Received@CGI Chicago : 12/18/2006.

Anybody in 5-12 Dec 06 OCI Applied got Ack ?

Hi,

I have applied between around 9 Dec 06 timeframe for Chicago OCI. Still I did not get the Acknowledgement from Chicago CGI.

Anybody in similar timeframe who got acknowledgement or ( NOT ) ?

plz reply - just curious to know.

More than a month with NO ack

Sent on Dec 16th to Chicago using two day Priority mail
No acknowledgement yet. :mad:

How do we know these details?

pennadam said:
My Status info
Consulate - Chicago
10/25/2006 - Part A Online
11/01/2006 - Sent OCI app
11/04/2006 - OCI app reaches Chicago
12/10/2006 - Acknowledged
12/14/2006 - Granted/Scanned/Printed/Dispatched from Delhi
12/22/2006 - Documents Received @ Chicago

1/5/2007 - Passports reach Chicago
Currently awaiting Passports to be mailed back from Chicago via USPS Priority Mail ( I enclosed a prepaid/stamped envelope)

How do we know the above bolded details?

Collected OCI documents !!!

I picked up my OCI documents and U-stickers from the Chicago consulate yesterday. They were so nice and it took only about 20 minutes to get all the documents back. Remember that thay handle OCI only between 2-4pm.

Try to be there exactly at 2:00 and someone from the OCI cell will come out and ask if there is anyone to pickup OCI documents

Good luck folks

cp485

My application

OCI Online Application 5/9/2006
OCI App mailed to Chicago 12/7/2006 (Yes, 7 months later)
Application Received 12/8/2006
Acknowledged -- No
From India -- No
Received Chicago -- No
Received booklet/passport -- No

Last edited by a moderator: