OCI - Chicago Tracker

I mailed by US passport to Chicago Consulate on Oct 30 for U visa sticker and still have not received the passport back.

Our family passports have been delivered today to Chicago Consulate for OCI. I am praying that they affix the 'U' visa and send the OCI booklets, US Passports and cancelled Indian Passport within the reasonable time frame.

Simple Guy,
Have you contacted CGI through any means? That is awfully long time for them to keep your passport?

simple_guy said:
I mailed by US passport to Chicago Consulate on Oct 30 for U visa sticker and still have not received the passport back.

Any update Canadian_38 ?

Our family passports have been delivered today to CGI. Keeping fingers crossed.

Canadian_38 said:
I mailed my passports on 11/18 and the consulate recieved it on 11/21. Waiting for the passorts with visa sticker. Once I recieve I will post the update.

havefun, I havn't contacted chicago consulate as i want to give them at least 30 days to put U visa sticker on the passport and mail it back. After 30 days, i will start contacting them (via email or phone). :mad:

I came home this evening from work and found a DHL envelope outside the door. Yes, it had my passport with U visa stamp and OCI booklet. Cancelled indian passport was not returned but i don't care.

My Number is USACI* as well

Here is my timeline:
Consulate - Chicago
10/25/2006 - Part A Online
11/01/2006 - Sent OCI app
11/04/2006 - OCI app reaches Chicago
No Feedback so far.

I go my receipt back from the consulate. My case is still under process, hopefully it gets granted next week.

They returned the cancelled passports with Ack slip.

How did you the Indian Passport Back? Did you include additional money to send by any overnight carrier? If it came with any overnight carrier then which one? Or Did you send any pre-paid envelope? Or did it come through normal post?

Looking forward to your reply.

invest2bfree said:
I go my receipt back from the consulate. My case is still under process, hopefully it gets granted next week.

They returned the cancelled passports with Ack slip.

It does like me and my wife are under processing and all others have been granted. I hope it is not the photos we just sent the US passport size.

Finally got our passports with OCI visa

Today finally we got our passports with OCI visa sticker. It took six and half months to complete the whole process (After repeated phone calls and emails to the consulate people).

havefun hopefully you will also get ur passprts in a week.

havefun said:
Any update Canadian_38 ?

Our family passports have been delivered today to CGI. Keeping fingers crossed.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you get it? By any overnight mail? Did CGI provide any tracking number? Which number did you call? Which e-mail id did you use?

I am trying to get tracking number but so far I have been unsuccessful.

Canadian_38 said:
Today finally we got our passports with OCI visa sticker. It took six and half months to complete the whole process (After repeated phone calls and emails to the consulate people).

havefun hopefully you will also get ur passprts in a week.

I got it through DHL last night. CGI did not provide any tracking number. You can try calling 312-595-0415 and explain ur situation to the person who picks up the phone (OR You can ask R S Badwal in the consulate to help you out for ur OCI on the same number). Earliar I mailed to "pic@indianconsulate.com" regarding my status enquiries.

havefun said:
How did you get it? By any overnight mail? Did CGI provide any tracking number? Which number did you call? Which e-mail id did you use?

I am trying to get tracking number but so far I have been unsuccessful.

OCI Acknowledged and Granted today

Here is my OCI status update-
Online submission: 10/23/06
Posted USPS : 10/28/06
Date Delivered : 11/1/06
Application Acknowledged : 12/8/2006
OCI Granted : 12/8/2006

OCI has not been printed so far, hopefully it gets printed and dispatched next week :) .

I am very glad to inform that I received the US passports back with U Visa Sticker and OCI Booklet and Indian Passport cancelled (but cornres were not cut).The passport came back with DHL 2nd Day Service.

havefun said:
Our family passports have been delivered today to Chicago Consulate for OCI. I am praying that they affix the 'U' visa and send the OCI booklets, US Passports and cancelled Indian Passport within the reasonable time frame.

OCI - Status Update

Now OCI has been printed and dispatched from Delhi.
Can someone tell me how long does it take for the acknowledgement slip to come from CGI Chicago after the online status ackd?

My Status info

Consulate - Chicago
10/25/2006 - Part A Online
11/01/2006 - Sent OCI app
11/04/2006 - OCI app reaches Chicago
12/10/2006 - Acknowledged
12/14/2006 - Granted/Scanned/Printed/Dispatched from Delhi