OCI - Chicago Tracker

cp485

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I just want to start this thread for Chicago applicants. Please post your time. My time line is in my signature below, I'll update it regularly as we move along.

Thanks all

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi cp485,

I have a few questions

Where did you obtain your passport pictures with specification as mentioned on the CGI Chicago website?
Did you notarize documents submitted along with your application? What does self attested copy mean?
Finally is part B available in a fillable form (adobe pdf)?

Thanks

Hi Jeshta

I got the passport pictures at Costco $4.99/pair. I did not notorize any documents, but self attested in all the copies (basically signed it).

My daughter is 4 years old, so we did the right thumb imprint of her and I also signed it.

There is no fillable pdf form available for Part B. You have hand fill it in black ink

Hope it helps.

Thanks

cp485 said:
Hi Jeshta

I got the passport pictures at Costco $4.99/pair. I did not notorize any documents, but self attested in all the copies (basically signed it).

My daughter is 4 years old, so we did the right thumb imprint of her and I also signed it.

There is no fillable pdf form available for Part B. You have hand fill it in black ink

Hope it helps.

Thanks

cp 485,

Thanks for this information. My son has a PIO card now. Reading through the instructions, it requires that I surrender the PIO at the same time we are canceling our Indian Passports. Do you recommend that the PIO card be sent and cancelled before my son obtains his OCI? What would one do for emergency travel to India then? I think a 6 month visa would take a few days to obtain and that might be an answer to my question. Your comments please.

Jeshta said:
cp 485,

Thanks for this information. My son has a PIO card now. Reading through the instructions, it requires that I surrender the PIO at the same time we are canceling our Indian Passports. Do you recommend that the PIO card be sent and cancelled before my son obtains his OCI? What would one do for emergency travel to India then? I think a 6 month visa would take a few days to obtain and that might be an answer to my question. Your comments please.
You can send your Indian passports and your son's PIO card for cancellation when you send your US passports to have the U visa affixed. That is acceptable.

Hi Jeshta,

I didn't send my daughter's PIO card along with the OCI application. We are planning to go to India in December and I don't want to apply for a visa for my daughter if OCI is delayed.

Thanks

OCI card processing time

Hi,

I (indian citizen on H1 visa in US)have a month old son who is US born (hence US citizen).I am planning to visit india next month. I came to know that OCI card processing takes about one month.Is there any way i can expedite it by giving additional fees.If anybody knows, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Hi himjug

Why don't you apply for PIO card for you son, its faster and cheaper (by around $100). You can always convert from PIO to OCI by paying $25 more later.

I don't know the current processing time for PIO card, but when I applied for my daughter back in 2002 it took only 3 weeks.

Good luck

OCI timeframe

Submitted application in April. Received acknowledgement May 18. Have not heard anything else since, but the Web site says documents have not even been sent from India to Chicago. Any way to find out what's up?

coleville can you please let me know are you US citizen or citizen from some other country. The reason I am asking is I have applied for OCI in last week of may. As of today I didn't recieved any ackt. When I spoke to the people at the chic consulate they are saying the processing time will take more time if the citizenship is different than US.

Thanks.

coleville can you please let me know are you US citizen or citizen from some other country. The reason I am asking is I have applied for OCI in last week of may. As of today I didn't recieved any ackt. When I spoke to the people at the chic consulate they are saying the processing time will take more time if the citizenship is different than US.

Thanks.

I applied for OCI on 7/25 at Chicago. I am yet to receive acknowledgement and not sure what is the status ( I forgot to note down the online registration number).

Any idea if this is normal ?

Same situation with OCI @ Chicago

Hi,
I applied for OCI on July 28, 2006 and forgot to note the number too. I have not heard anything about my applicatin even the reeipt or acknowledgment from the Consulate or India.
Any one with any thoughts or ideas for this situation.
Thanks a lot.
YSU

No acknowledgment yet

I applied at Chicago on July 22nd and so far no acknowledgment. I am travelling to India in December and I am considering to apply for a visa.

I am trying to find through the post office if the consulate cashed my money order check. This is the only way I can verify if the consulate received my OCI package.

My OCI timeline @ Chicago

Fiends

Sent OCI documents: July 27, 2006 by USPS
Received OCI documents: July 28 2006
Sent Indian PAsspot fo Cncellataion: 8/09/06
Received Cancelled Passpot: 8/21/2006.
Received Ack/Receipt for OCI: ???

Thanks

YSU