OCI application acknowlegement from Travisa

kalinadude

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I mailed the OCI application for my minor daughter on 3/23 to Travisa SFO and it were delivered to Travisa office in SFO on 3/25 via USPS. I have not got any acknowledgement from Travisa regarding this. The online status does not show any update as yet. Any one in the same boat?

Hi,

I mailed the OCI application for my minor daughter on 3/23 to Travisa SFO and it were delivered to Travisa office in SFO on 3/25 via USPS. I have not got any acknowledgement from Travisa regarding this. The online status does not show any update as yet. Any one in the same boat?
You should talk to Travisa

Thank u Ginnu for ur response.

I did call Travisa SFO office today and talked a rep. She mentioned that they have a 1 week delay in opening the mail received and I should wait for another week and call back. She did say that once the mail is opened and the payment is processed, an email is sent and the online status is updated. Hopefully the docs are in their office and safe.

I guess I was the lucky one. I sent my application by USPS on March 8th and they sent acknowledgment email on March 11th. After that I got few more auto notification and Today I got my US passport with OCI sticker, OCI booklet and Surrender Certificate.
The whole process took ~30 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations AUS !! I think once the whole country's OCI is outsourced, the timelines will become consistent and in the range of 30 days, or less. the state by state rollout and the learning curve at MHA / travisa makes things difficult in the beginning but eventually it will become better than previous years.

I completely agree with you Sanjoseaug20. They need to outsource every state's OCI to Travisa. If we follow the detailed instructions from Travisa website and include all the documents, everything goes smoothly. The only thing I don't like about Travisa is their email and phone support. I never got response to the email I sent to them. When I tried calling them, I had to wait for more than 45 minutes from the initial waiting time of 10 minutes. But I think they will add more staff to improve email/phone support once they get more business :)

Just received an email update from Travisa that my dauighter's OCI app was recevied today (4/11) and payment was processed. I had sent the docs on 3/33 and delivered to Travisa office on 2/35. It took them little over 2 weeks to acknowledge the application.

Just received an email update from Travisa that my dauighter's OCI app was recevied today (4/11) and payment was processed. I had sent the docs on 3/33 and delivered to Travisa office on 2/35. It took them little over 2 weeks to acknowledge the application.

3/33 and 2/35 ......i think u r excited by Travisa processing :)

Haha...

Sorry ... I meant 3/23 and 3/25....
I guess any date when dealing with possible with the Indian consulate :)

Is this the NY TRAVISA office ?

Travisa from SFO

I completely agree with you Sanjoseaug20. They need to outsource every state's OCI to Travisa. If we follow the detailed instructions from Travisa website and include all the documents, everything goes smoothly. The only thing I don't like about Travisa is their email and phone support. I never got response to the email I sent to them. When I tried calling them, I had to wait for more than 45 minutes from the initial waiting time of 10 minutes. But I think they will add more staff to improve email/phone support once they get more business :)

Aus,
Is this from SFO? I sent mine on 3/13. They ack'ed it on 3/23 and dispatched the
documents on 3/24. I only got a notification from them when they dispatched. No update after that. You said that you got some additional notifications. Can you tell me the time line so that I know when to expect the OCI?

thanks
SFO_Guy

Aus,
Is this from SFO? I sent mine on 3/13. They ack'ed it on 3/23 and dispatched the
documents on 3/24. I only got a notification from them when they dispatched. No update after that. You said that you got some additional notifications. Can you tell me the time line so that I know when to expect the OCI?

thanks
SFO_Guy

Check on the Govt of india web site.. here is the link

http://passport.gov.in/oci/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp

Aus,

thanks
SFO_Guy

Yes this is from SFO.
The next update you will get after documents dispatched will be when Travisa office receives the documents from Consulate.
Sorry I was not clear in my reply. The additional updates I got from them were before they dispatched the documents to consulate.

Here are my updates:
3/08/11: Service order form completed online
3/11/11: Order form and supporting documents received, payment processed
3/11/11: Documents prepared to go to Embassy
3/14/11: Documents dispatched from Travisa Outsourcing Office to Consulate
4/04/11: Outsourcing office has verified the OCI is processed correctly
4/05/11: Passport mailed out
4/08/11: Documents received by me :)

Hope this helps.

Not only you, many are in the same boat. In NYC, I sent on 4/1, they ack on 4/26, and then hellish exp. then I decided to withdraw my case, but now, I can not even get back my passport without OCI.

Need to be on phone for hrs to speak to someone on poor quality phones, and they dont bother to respond to emails, and even lie saying they did not receive.

Travisa is nothing but worst service, not sure Why our Consuls are using these, atleast there should be 2 competitive vendors.

Right now Travisa is acting like a monopoly.

oci application withdrawn at Travisa NY and US Passport/Indian Passports

Hi, all:

We want to share our horrible experience at Travisa NY for OCI.

We applied for OCI at Travisa NY in March 2011. We sent all the passports, checks, certificates, Indian Passports and relevant information via certified USPS to TRAVISA. The office didn't open the mail for 3 weeks and we called them they said they are heavily backlogged.

They required some documentation about my children birth certificates, which I sent by email and regular USPS mail. They never acknowledge USPS regular mail. They claimed to have lost it. Sent again by certified USPS mail.

They said they have received the mail, they sent my application to Indian consulate NY.
I got the email from TRAVISA stating OCI application withdrawn. Travisa doesn't reply by email, voice mail or fax. They don't state any reason of withdrawing the application after receiving all documents and sending to Indian consulate NY.

Now I am stuck as my US Passports are in TRAVISA BLACKHOLE. They said that they have rejected 500 applicants and they are in process of sending back the passports.
More than 90 days have passed now and we still haven't received our US Passports and Indian Passports.

It is a scam as they will recharge again the processing fees and unnecessary delay our trip to India. Please help us and suggest what can we do. We have a tragedy at home as our family member has passed away and we have to go for last rites in India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, all:

We want to share our horrible experience at Travisa NY for OCI.

We applied for OCI at Travisa NY in March 2011. We sent all the passports, checks, certificates, Indian Passports and relevant information via certified USPS to TRAVISA. The office didn't open the mail for 3 weeks and we called them they said they are heavily backlogged.

They required some documentation about my children birth certificates, which I sent by email and regular USPS mail. They never acknowledge USPS regular mail. They claimed to have lost it. Sent again by certified USPS mail.

They said they have received the mail, they sent my application to Indian consulate NY.
I got the email from TRAVISA stating OCI application withdrawn. Travisa doesn't reply by email, voice mail or fax. They don't state any reason of withdrawing the application after receiving all documents and sending to Indian consulate NY.

Now I am stuck as my US Passports are in TRAVISA BLACKHOLE. They said that they have rejected 500 applicants and they are in process of sending back the passports.
More than 90 days have passed now and we still haven't received our US Passports and Indian Passports.

It is a scam as they will recharge again the processing fees and unnecessary delay our trip to India. Please help us and suggest what can we do. We have a tragedy at home as our family member has passed away and we have to go for last rites in India.

Aray aapka naam kitna powerful hai. SAB THEEK HOGA...
Going back to OCI Problem.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?324305-OCI-New-York-Travisa-Issues
look at the forum, bostonguy2 had a similar situation. He threatned to report his passport stolen instead of lost to the police authorities and then travisa took immediate action. I think bostonguy has also posted an email address of the issuing authority so you can send them an email...

DHAMKAOOO unko, then they will get off their lazy butt and will take an action.

Good Luck

Those sons of bitches, about time they change the name of their company to Travesty Outsourcing.

We have been having our worst ever experiencing going through this OCI application process with Travisa NYC. First of all this entire process was started sometime during March. Someone in Travisa said that we need to renounce our Indian passport to start the OCI application. So the renouncing process took month and a half.

Later in April, we submitted our OCI application for our family of 4. As reported in this forum, the packet was opened only after a month and they said they need additional photos. I submitted them and 3 weeks later they said the application is on hold because my son's PIO card is missing. I went directly to Travisa office in NYC and told them that PIO card was in the original packet and I'm 100% sure about that. They then made me wait for 3 hours and said it was a human mistake and the PIO card was indeed found in the application packet right in front. This happened 10 days agao and they said it could take another 2 months for the OCI cards and suggested me to take back my USA passport so that if I'm travelling in summer this would not cause any problems.

But what that actually means is that I need to buy one-time visas for all four of us (~ $350 ) to make our summer trip to India. I got back our USA passports just in case since we have already booked out India trip leaving USA next month July middle. Now we are keeping our fingers crossed to see if we would get our OCI in the next 3 weeks, if not I need to buy the one-time visas or maybe even cancel our India (which we are very eager to go after 3 years).

I'm glad there is a forum here to express our experiences and frustrations with Travisa. They have the technology in place but have not properly streamlined the process by staffing in various departments. A phone call query takes almost 2 hours of waiting and the rep would come online and say did you check the tracking passport link onlie? That's the only information the rep also give and nothing more and I have wasted atleast 12 hours on phone calls to Travisa. Luckily I go to NYC for work 2 times a week and I was able to stop by Travisa office for the human error fiasco.