• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

OC DV lottery 2024

I have heard the full range of case numbers up to about 48XX. I had ONE case reported at 68XX, but I suspect that is a misunderstanding. I say that because there have been no cases reported between 48XX and that 68XX. German tank theory makes me dubious.

But yeah - it is clear to me that something caused an increase in holes, but we won't know how many until we see the selectees, which will be published in the next VB (within in a week or two) or the one after that.

@Britsimon I watched your YT video, it was very informative. Thank you!

One question I can't recall: When they release the visa bulletin, do they take into account the "holes"? If there are a lot more holes in DV2024 will each month's visa bulletin have more allocation as opposed to the normal approximate 100 or so cases?

@Britsimon I watched your YT video, it was very informative. Thank you!

One question I can't recall: When they release the visa bulletin, do they take into account the "holes"? If there are a lot more holes in DV2024 will each month's visa bulletin have more allocation as opposed to the normal approximate 100 or so cases?
Yes. The speed of the visa bulletin is relative to the amount of actual cases they have (in processed status).

So - they decide how many interviews they want to do in a given month, then they will increase the VB by a number that "yields" enough processed cases to fill the available interviews.

So - with more holes and the same number of selectees, we would see the VB moving faster.

I’ve heard of a lot of case numbers in the OC 2000 -4900 range …. Does anyone have a case number under OC 2000? Would they start the case numbers at 2000 for example? I’m sure all will be revealed soon, just curious.
Yes my case number is 15XX still trying to figure out what the range is

My case number is OC16xx. It sounds like they’re a lot higher case numbers this year. Maybe there will be more holes and the VB numbers will move quickly!?!

Hey all,

My partner won the DV2024 lottery in OC region with a case number of 15XX. We submitted our DS260 as a married couple only a few days ago on 23 July.

Interested to get to know everyone’s journey and experiences here.

Hey all,

My partner won the DV2024 lottery in OC region with a case number of 15XX. We submitted our DS260 as a married couple only a few days ago on 23 July.

Interested to get to know everyone’s journey and experiences here.
We are OC16xx so you're just ahead of us. Good luck!

We’re OC20xx - we actually won in 2021, we had the vaccination updates, medical booked, interview booked - everything done and ready to go and then Sydney went into lockdown and didn’t reopen until after sept 30 - sooooo frustrating. We re-entered for 2024 and won again … still broken from the experience though.

Good luck OCers! I'm not as active on the site as I used to be, but I still check in from time to time. :)

Best decision I made was to move to the US. It's been a wild and wonderful ride. Good to see you @Britsimon!
Thanks EmilyW.
Not holding much hope with my case number but it's so great to hear of a success story of someone who's made life over there work for them!

Case number 15xx and submitted ds260 july 21, did i leave it too late? Will that hinder me for interview scheduling?

Good luck OCers! I'm not as active on the site as I used to be, but I still check in from time to time. :)

Best decision I made was to move to the US. It's been a wild and wonderful ride. Good to see you @Britsimon!
Good to see you too. I note your career just goes from strength to strength - good on ya! Hope all is well!