Oath questions

jasonb

Registered Users (C)
All,
Have some questions on the oath:
1. It mentioned I need to bring either Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Doc. Problem is, officers took all of mine during interview and she said she would keep them since they all expired. I never bother to renew since 2007 since I had no intention of leaving on overseas trips. Will this be an issue?

2. Answer the questions on page 2. Do I have to actually answer on the oath date itself (per the letter instruction)? Will that before I show up at the oath place or after I arrive there, witnessed by a USCIS employee?

3. On page 1 of letter, it said: Proper attire worn. Does this mean suit and tie for men?

cheers and thanks,
jasonb

1. This will not be an issue. As long as you bring your GC, you'll be fine.

2. You should answer those questions on the day of the oath.

3. Business casual is fine. At my oath, I saw some people wearing business suits and some others wearing cutoff shorts and flip-flops. Since this is a serious event, I'd advise against the latter.

All,
1. It mentioned I need to bring either Reentry Permit or Refugee Travel Doc. Problem is, officers took all of mine during interview and she said she would keep them since they all expired. I never bother to renew since 2007 since I had no intention of leaving on overseas trips. Will this be an issue?

2. Answer the questions on page 2. Do I have to actually answer on the oath date itself (per the letter instruction)? Will that before I show up at the oath place or after I arrive there, witnessed by a USCIS employee?

3. On page 1 of letter, it said: Proper attire worn. Does this mean suit and tie for men?

cheers and thanks,
jasonb

All,

cheers and thanks,
jasonb

Hi Jason, Congrats. Where is your oath ceremony is going to be at?
Thanks

I have my oath next week. After spending so much in growing fees over the years, I plan to dress business casual, probably jeans that's the American way! :)

1. This will not be an issue. As long as you bring your GC, you'll be fine.

2. You should answer those questions on the day of the oath.

3. Business casual is fine. At my oath, I saw some people wearing business suits and some others wearing cutoff shorts and flip-flops. Since this is a serious event, I'd advise against the latter.

I have my oath next week. After spending so much in growing fees over the years, I plan to dress business casual, probably jeans that's the American way! :)

I was referring to slacks and a polo shirt. Jeans are considered street casual. :)

In all honesty, you can definitely get away with wearing jeans, especially if it's an administrative ceremony.

What about the questions on page 2? Do i answer BEFORE I get to the oath place or AFTER I get there, witnessed by USCIS staff?

please clarify

jb

Also can we take kids to oath ceremony as we both have oath on same date and time?

Is camera allowed in oath ceremony?

What about the questions on page 2? Do i answer BEFORE I get to the oath place or AFTER I get there, witnessed by USCIS staff?

please clarify

jb

they do not have to witness your signing.

It is probably best to do it while at the site of the ceremony. Below the signature line you are supposed to write in the place of the ceremony. So if you take the oath in the Brooklyn federal courthouse, you have to write in Brooklyn, NY even if you live in Queens.