Oath Ceremony

likuliku

Registered Users (C)
My oath ceremony is tomorrow. Double check the document that I need to bring:

- Form N-445 (completed page 2 and signed)
- Green Card
- Passport
- "Any Immigration documents you may have" --> What is this?

Anything I am missing?

Thanks!

passport not needed

You don't need to bring your passport, though you should consider bringing a US passport application as you can apply on the spot.

My oath ceremony is tomorrow. Double check the document that I need to bring:

- Form N-445 (completed page 2 and signed)
- Green Card
- Passport
- "Any Immigration documents you may have" --> What is this?

Anything I am missing?

Thanks!

I think they are referring to any re-entry permits you have. Your greencard should be sufficient. The passport might be checked in case you traveled after the interview, so take that with you.

In my case, I left all immigration related documents that I had (from the beginning of time) locked in my car on the USCIS parking lot just in case they have some last-minute requests. But that did not happen.

My appointment is at 12.30pm. Do I need to arrive early? Or around 12.30pm will do? I didn't take day off. So, was thinking to swing over for oath during lunch break...:rolleyes:

They say don't be more than 30 minutes early anyway. Depends on the traffic in your area!

My appointment is at 12.30pm. Do I need to arrive early? Or around 12.30pm will do? I didn't take day off. So, was thinking to swing over for oath during lunch break...:rolleyes:

Immigration documents refer to re-entry permits, EADs, I-94, and other similar documents you may have received from the USCIS. If you have any such documents, bring them with you. If not, ignore that statement.

How long is your lunch break? Hopefully it's about 2-3 hours, depending on where you're taking your oath. Mine took 4 hours because Brooklyn was SO DAMN SLOW! Try to take as little with you as possible (briefcase, laptop, etc.). As for the immigration documents, don't worry about that.

Done! Got my certificate. Arrived 12.05pm for 12.30pm appointment. Got my certificate at 2.05pm and back to office at 2.20pm...;)