Oath Ceremony questions

snappy

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I would appreciate if someone could answer some simple questions regarding the ceremony.

The N-445 mentions in bold letters no camera or cellular phones are permitted during the ceremony. I'm commuting to the ceremony and my cellphone is essential to me. I have nowhere to securely store it during the ceremony except with me. Is it permitted to allow cellphones in if they're turned off?

My father went to a ceremony in Staples convention center in LA last year. He was able to take his cellphone in but had to turn it off. Since it's not a government office such as the USCIS offices, I don't see an issue. But I was wondering if anyone had first-hand experience dealing with cellphones at the oath ceremony.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

I would appreciate if someone could answer some simple questions regarding the ceremony.

The N-445 mentions in bold letters no camera or cellular phones are permitted during the ceremony. I'm commuting to the ceremony and my cellphone is essential to me. I have nowhere to securely store it during the ceremony except with me. Is it permitted to allow cellphones in if they're turned off?

My father went to a ceremony in Staples convention center in LA last year. He was able to take his cellphone in but had to turn it off. Since it's not a government office such as the USCIS offices, I don't see an issue. But I was wondering if anyone had first-hand experience dealing with cellphones at the oath ceremony.

Thanks.
I just had my ceremony at the federal court house in Kansas City. Security took my phone and secured it until I was done with my ceremony. They gave it back to me on my way out. We were allowed to bring cameras to take pictures during the ceremony

Hi guys,

Thanks.

It really depends on the oath venu. Some allow cameras and cell phones, whereas others do not.

our letter mentioned nothing about no cameras or cell phones. where did you see that on the letter? do they search everyone as they go in? even the family members/people watching?

our letter mentioned nothing about no cameras or cell phones. where did you see that on the letter? do they search everyone as they go in? even the family members/people watching?

If it is a federal court house then no cameras are allowed.

My oath was at a federal courthouse. Everyone had a camera. One guy plugged in a laptop and had a webcam going the whole time. There are signs telling you not to be wandering the courthouse taking pictures, though. Pics in the ceremony room are fine.

Whatever you do, do not stand in front of the loading dock of the federal court bldg taking pictures. You will shot on the spot :) ... ok, I know this was useless info ....
Virtually, in all federal bldgs, you are not allowed to take pictures inside. Some federal courts do not allow cell phones past the checkpoint (metal detectors) ... check them in and pick it up on your way out.