NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

Hi New Zee

received visa for nz for 1 yr

Hi,

CONGRATS!!!!

From which consultancy did you apply.

Do you have any scholarship.

I have applied on Sep 20th 2013, it reached IPB on 8th Oct 2013, Visa officer assigned on 15th Nov 2013.

She told that she would begin her initial assesment in next week, on 17th Dec 2013 she replied and said completed initial assesment and need additional documents (medical certificate) I have sent those via post on 19th Dec 2013.

Office was closed till 6th Jan 2014.

I don't know my documents reached there or not.

Please could you share your time line.

are you from engg stream or any other.

Thanks,

Hi,

CONGRATS!!!!

From which consultancy did you apply.

Do you have any scholarship.

I have applied on Sep 20th 2013, it reached IPB on 8th Oct 2013, Visa officer assigned on 15th Nov 2013.

She told that she would begin her initial assesment in next week, on 17th Dec 2013 she replied and said completed initial assesment and need additional documents (medical certificate) I have sent those via post on 19th Dec 2013.

Office was closed till 6th Jan 2014.

I don't know my documents reached there or not.

Please could you share your time line.

are you from engg stream or any other.

Thanks,

Hi NZPHD,

I think that our case is same. my app is also in IPB but the prob is that the visa officer has not contacted me. Customer care center advised me of the VO.

I am on scholarship in engg dept.

can you share your profile with me

Hi,

Hi NZPHD,

I think that our case is same. my app is also in IPB but the prob is that the visa officer has not contacted me. Customer care center advised me of the VO.

I am on scholarship in engg dept.

can you share your profile with me

Happy to let you know that I have received my visa for 3 years.

I am planning to go there in 4th week of Feb.

PhD Applicant

Hi Everyone,
I have applied for Student Visa and my Application was sent to IPB, Wellington for processing on 29th Jan. I am waiting for acknowledgement from IPB. I am admitted to UOA for PhD in Engineering..........

Hi Everyone,
I have applied for Student Visa and my Application was sent to IPB, Wellington for processing on 29th Jan. I am waiting for acknowledgement from IPB. I am admitted to UOA for PhD in Engineering..........

Hi jaishankar,

Its good to see you here.

You need to wait for almost 2 months for the Visa Officer to be assigned. In my case they haven't even acknowledged the reception of application.

Are you on scholarship ?

Hello Every one,

I have applied for my VISA on 11th September.

My file transferred to IPB on 19th Sep 2014. Till now (20 Oct 2014) I havent received any acknowledgement from IPB Wellington. Waiting for the reply.

Hello,

I have applied for Student Visa on 9 July 2014, My file was transferred to IPB Wellington on 3o July 2014. My Visa officer was allotted on 6 August 2014, On September 18 2014 he mailed me saying Initial assessment is completed and requested for Research Proposal. On the same day I sent him, From then no reply from him. When I call him he doesn't lift the phone and even doesn't respond to my mail. What should I do?

Can anybody advise me how much time will it take after initial assessment? and I applied through Edwise International, they are not able to do anything.... I am getting annoyed. When ever I call IPB call centre, they say no information at all. it is under process>...

@SNKUMAR

As per the initial posts, we can conclude that after allocation of VO usually it takes 2 months to complete the process. But in your case it is already 4 months now. May be you can again mail them on online querry section and asked about your status.

My case is also blind. I don't know, where my file is is.

Lets wait and watch

@SNKUMAR

As per the initial posts, we can conclude that after allocation of VO usually it takes 2 months to complete the process. But in your case it is already 4 months now. May be you can again mail them on online querry section and asked about your status.

My case is also blind. I don't know, where my file is is.

Lets wait and watch

Hi,

I have a PhD offer from UOA with scholarship. I applied for VISA on 1st September 2014 and my file was sent to IPB wellington on 11 September 2014. I have still not heard back from them and it is almost going to be 2 months now. The worst part is that they do not reply to any mails.

Do you guys have any leads ?

@Tarun Jain
Good to hear about your offer & scholarship.
Our case is very similar. Only difference is that, you have applied 10 days before me. I contacted Immigration department wellington and they said that my file is in queue for the allotment of Visa Officer. It seems it will take more couple of months. I have also put up online query to them but didn’t get any response. They work with their own sweet speed.

Hope to get visa soon.

hey frnz... i have gone through all previous conversation but i observed dat my visa status is completely different... i applied on 11sep 2014, my aaplication reachd to ipb on 24 sept, 2014 den support officer assignd on same day who was asked me to submit additional nz 1200 form... i submitted it on same date and he replied me back dat he has receivd d application and fix the same in my complete file for further process.
after dat i mailed them many time but he didnt reply... n today i got d mail that my application has received by immigration offices and the file is waitin to be allocated to case officer... n allocation will b done in the week of 24 nov, 2014. wat the hell, i dnt understand... ipb to support officer den immigration officer den case officer... in sabme difference kya hai?
anybody have any idea abt dis den plz share.

@amarnz
Your case is very similar to Tarun's & mine. We all are in the same boat. Everyone's file went to wellington. But at least you have received the mail that visa officer will be allotted. I didn’t even get that nor Tarun. I called them & got the same reply that my file is in waiting for the allotment of VO.
We need to wait. All we can do is that provide documents on time whenever they ask.

Hai friends,
My Timelime:
June 6 ,2014 Applied for a PhD Student Visa
June 16 ,2014 Application Transferred to IPB ,Wellington
July 16 ,2014 Initial Assessment Completed and some additional documents requested
July 16 ,2014 Additional Documents Sent
September 24,2014 One more document requested
September 24,2014 Document Sent
October 29,2014 I sent a mail to my Immigration Officer to know about the status
October 30,2014 I got a reply from Immigration Officer stating that my Application is undergoing Third party verification and they are verifying my documents.
November 06,2014 Five months over after submitting my application

I have few doubts:
1) What is normal timeframe when an application is transfered to IPB ?
2) What is this Third party verification and how much time it will take?
3) For how many years are we going to get VISA ie. for 3 years or for 1 year?

Hi all,

Update : Recieved an email saying that immigration officer XYZ will be in contact with me as soon as they have further information to provide.

Hi all,

Update : Recieved an email saying that immigration officer XYZ will be in contact with me as soon as they have further information to provide.

That's great...

It means VO is alloted to your application. You can hope your visa in less than 2 months. This is an average time required after allocation of VO.

Hi all,

Hi
Hi all,,

Hi Tarun,
Please let me know what is the required fund for PHD visa in NZ.
i dont have scholarships, i want to go with full fee student.
we have 20000 $ at Banks. will this sufficient for 3 years Phd visa if not My partner have property, will this accepted at Visa office.
Thank you.

by,murthy