NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

file sent to wellington

Hi All,

I have applied for visa on 14 Jan. I got email on friday that my file has been recieved in Immigration Profiling branch Wellington. They told me that Case officer will be assigned in 8-10 weeks. Please share your experience about IPB and how long it took for you to be assigned a case officer and visa decision.

Thanks

My visa processing time for phd

Hi All,

Hope you all doing well!!

The same thing happened with me.

23 july 2012 (visa application submitted at dubai branch)
|
|
5 august(File sent to IPG(Immigration Profiling group))
|
|
5 september(immigration officer appointed for assessing application)
|
|
19 october(immigration officer leaving his position)
|
|
18 November(New immigration officer appointed)
|
|
11 december( File sent for National security check)
|
|
22 jan( File still under process)
|
|
Feb 2013
|
|
March 03, 2013(My Session Start Date)

uni

Hi All,

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Feb 2013
|
|

Why are they taking so long for PHD students?. A guy who is going for masters he got his visa from Dubai office within 20 days. It does'nt make any sense that PHD student waits for months and other (Master, bachelors) gets their visa in less than 20 days.

btw Which Uni are you going into ?

Visa

Hi,

What about your visa? Did you got it or still waiting.

Hi All,

The same thing happened with me. Let me introduce myself:

I am an IT Professional having 3.5 years of experience. I did MCA(Masters OF Computer Applications) and BCA (Bachelor Of Computer Applications) from reputed Universities. Now, I would like to bring to your notice, the important things I have accomplished for filing my VISA.

Documents I have prepared:
1. PCC from two states where I worked and where I live.
2. All Educational Documents.
3. Past Employments Offer Letters & Resignation Letters.
4. Letter of Recommendation from the Director of the company.(Big thing to get from such a person)
5. Statement Of Purpose(SOP)
6.Tax Pay Sheets.
7. Date of Birth Certificate(DOB)
8. No loan. Full Cash Statements from State Bank Of India.

I think for such a well equipped file, there'll be no waiting but what I have gone through I know that.

Now, the real face. Actual time taken from the time I filed the VISA till now.....:(:(:(:(:(:(

Visa Processing Time:

June 14(File sent to Delhi)
|
|
July 26(Got mail from HC that file has been sent to Wellington)
|
|
August
|
|
September
|
|
October
|
|
14 Nov (6 MONTHS OVER)
November(Previous day got mail from HC that file has been sent for National Security Check)
|
|
December(Don't know how much time now for NSC)
|
|
Jan 2013
|
|
Feb 2013
|
|

I already missed July 2012 Session. I am in touch with my Professor of UOA. He also got stunned that how one good file is getting delayed for the VISA approval. Almost every month, I mailed my Professor regarding my Doctorate and VISA status.

So now you tell me guys, what is my fault that:
1. No fake things in my File.
2. Accurate Certificates.
3.Offer from Reputed Universities(Got offer from every University in New Zealand)

Could someone guide me that how much time National Security Check going to take to dig out that. Please guide me. I am really upset and frustrated. What should I do??:(

visaaa

HI, have you got the visa.

Hi All,

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Feb 2013
|
|

visaaa

HI Kimmi,
have you got the visa.
I had applied in dec 12 , still waiting

Hi All,

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Feb 2013
|
|

how much bank statement did u showed on your application? I am also from pakistan and I will lodge my visa application soon. Could you please guide me how much money should be in bank and for how long.

Last edited by a moderator:
visa

Have you got the visa...

When I sent a scanned document (requested by IPG) via email to IPG in holiday (sun day) in response to my email I got an out of office reply email. In that the below information was quoted in the bottom..

TEMPORARY ENTRY VISA PERMIT VISITOR 3-4 months 4-8 weeks WORK 2-4 months 4-12 weeks STUDENT 2-3 months 4-6 weeks

Hi , I also submitted my application for student visa for PhD at New Delhi on September 10 ,2009. I also got that my application has been forwarded to IPG department wellington for processing . On October 16, 2009 I got that Visa officer has been allocated to my application for processing. Please let me know in which department your application was forwarded for processing and which branch. I got information that IPG branch , they take one month to complete the processing after allocation of officer. I am also facing same problem.. my scholarship lapsing date is October 31, 2009. I have already intimate them about it. But still I did not get any reply. I am also waiting for my visa

Hi, Could you please tell me that In which program you have applied for phd? I am planning to apply for Phd program in NZ. I need some tips please

Hi All,

The same thing happened with me. Let me introduce myself:

I am an IT Professional having 3.5 years of experience. I did MCA(Masters OF Computer Applications) and BCA (Bachelor Of Computer Applications) from reputed Universities. Now, I would like to bring to your notice, the important things I have accomplished for filing my VISA.

Documents I have prepared:
1. PCC from two states where I worked and where I live.
2. All Educational Documents.
3. Past Employments Offer Letters & Resignation Letters.
4. Letter of Recommendation from the Director of the company.(Big thing to get from such a person)
5. Statement Of Purpose(SOP)
6.Tax Pay Sheets.
7. Date of Birth Certificate(DOB)
8. No loan. Full Cash Statements from State Bank Of India.

I think for such a well equipped file, there'll be no waiting but what I have gone through I know that.

Now, the real face. Actual time taken from the time I filed the VISA till now.....:(:(:(:(:(:(

Visa Processing Time:

June 14(File sent to Delhi)
|
|
July 26(Got mail from HC that file has been sent to Wellington)
|
|
August
|
|
September
|
|
October
|
|
14 Nov (6 MONTHS OVER)
November(Previous day got mail from HC that file has been sent for National Security Check)
|
|
December(Don't know how much time now for NSC)
|
|
Jan 2013
|
|
Feb 2013
|
|

I already missed July 2012 Session. I am in touch with my Professor of UOA. He also got stunned that how one good file is getting delayed for the VISA approval. Almost every month, I mailed my Professor regarding my Doctorate and VISA status.

So now you tell me guys, what is my fault that:
1. No fake things in my File.
2. Accurate Certificates.
3.Offer from Reputed Universities(Got offer from every University in New Zealand)

Could someone guide me that how much time National Security Check going to take to dig out that. Please guide me. I am really upset and frustrated. What should I do??:(

Hi, Could you please tell me that In which program you have applied for phd? I am planning to apply for Phd program in NZ. I need some tips in applying to univ's please

This is what they have been doing since years to PH.D students of a few countries. my research start date was Nov, 2012 that has already passed and still no sign of appointment of case officer. 7 weeks have passed since i got an acknolwledgement email from IPG that stated 6-8 weeks may take for this. I am just keeping my fingers crossed. the biggest trouble is that my father is facing financial problems due to the huge money stuck in my bank accounts that i maintained for visa. he asks me every other day about any update and i have to reply in negative.

Hi, Could you please tell me that In which program you have applied for phd? I am planning to apply for Phd program in NZ. I need some tips for applying univ's please

Hi All,

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Feb 2013
|
|

Hi, Could you please tell me that In which program you have applied for phd? I am planning to apply for Phd program in NZ. I need some tips for applying univ's please

Hi All,

I have applied for visa on 14 Jan. I got email on friday that my file has been recieved in Immigration Profiling branch Wellington. They told me that Case officer will be assigned in 8-10 weeks. Please share your experience about IPB and how long it took for you to be assigned a case officer and visa decision.

Thanks

Hi,

What about your visa? Did you got it or still waiting.

pathway offer letter of place to PhD

Hi All,

This is Rizwan Ahmad from Pakistan. I need information regarding student visa. I got the pathway offer letter of place to PhD, form University of Waikato, which states that i need to first complete postgraduate certificate (two courses) in order to take admission in the PhD program. The enrollment office just asked me to enroll for two courses for one semester only. So for visa application, i have following questions;

- Do i need to apply for visa just for 6 month, (my postgraduate certificate is for only 6 month) or for whole year?

- Do i need to provide the documentations for PhD as well or not? as at first place i will be just enrolling for postgraduate certificate and will hold the status of international student?

- How much time will it take to process my visa application, as the university of Waikato hopes that i will reach there latest by 24, Feb 2014.

- And last but not the least, how much bank statement should i show?? for 6 months (only for post graduate diploma ) or for a year?

Anybody did the same visa process?? Please Reply.

Phd student visa processing time for new zealand 2013

hi all,

i have applied for student visa for new zealand. Tts forwarded application to INZ Mumbai on 31/10/2013.

Still no email or call from INZ.

is there anybody who applied for the visa ? How long time average it takes for approval ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Phd student visa processing time for new zealand 2013

hi all,

i have applied for student visa for new zealand. Tts forwarded application to INZ Mumbai on 31/10/2013.

Still no email or call from INZ.

is there anybody who applied for the visa ? How long time average it takes for approval ?

Anyone with same post ?

Student Visa for PhD

Hi All,

I am from Pakistan and the recipient of fully funded scholarship for PhD in one of the prestigious universities in NZ. I have applied for the student visa on 26 Oct 13 and got the confirmation email of reception of documents on 4 Nov 2013 from dubai branch. Till then I have not heard any thing from NZ visa application center nor from the NZ Embassy.

Is there anyone else in the same situation OR can someone tell me to whom I should contact for this. I have already emailed the help desk of VAC but they have showed complete unawareness to my application.

Any help will be appreciated