NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

Hi guys!

I've got myself in really awkward situation. I'm a PhD student in NZ and decided to visit my family in my home city. Wasn't aware of IPG and stuff, because I got my previous PhD student visa through the university since I have been already in NZ.

So, I happily arrived home, applied for renewal of my PhD student visa through the branch of Immigration NZ in Moscow. They got it on 30th of August 2012. On 14th of September I got that all my docs were sent to that IPG.
It's so much frustrating news for me. I am already a PhD student, studied for one year and thought that the application for renewal from offshore just as easy as onshore. It was a huge big mistake. I am from Siberia and was going to spend here just one month. Now I need to wait, probably till the end of Oct and winter is quickly is coming here. All my things is in NZ in my flat. Gosh.

Never anybody apply for renewal of PhD visa offshore. It's a huge big mistake. The worst thing is that I have a signed contract with deadlines, and had some presentations that now I need to cancel.

I hope this my post will serve as lesson for somebody and will help.

P.S. Didn't know that NZ is so paranoid about PhD. Btw, I am from Russia.

BTW Have you guys filled the form INZ1200. Only me thinks that that form is bloody crazy?

Last edited by a moderator:
L1 Visa - Not used - Back to Home employer - Can I reuse my visa

Hi I got approved L1 visa in 2010 but not used.In 2011 I have resigned my job from the company and joined in another concern. My home employer sent an email to USICS to cancel my L1 Visa. I was marked in the Email. But No reply to that email.After one year I have joined back to my Previous Employer. Can I use the L1 Visa now? I still have one more year to visa expiration and the Stamping is available on my Passport.

Can you please confirm, either can I use the L1 visa now or Do you thing Is there a chance for cancellation in USICS system?

Thanks in advance.

current processing time for phd student visa to new zealand

i have just applied for student visa as i have got COE for phd in a university in New Zealand. I received an email confirming that my case is transferred to IBP. please comment on how long they are taking to assess such applications?

i have just applied for student visa as i have got COE for phd in a university in New Zealand. I received an email confirming that my case is transferred to IBP. please comment on how long they are taking to assess such applications?

For one guy from my home country it took 5 months... Which uni have you applied to?

They have been processing PhD student visa in 5 months, as shared earlier by other people. but now i have heard that they have speed up the process now they take less than 5 months to process the visa. Anyone there who got the visa in last six month or a year??
My application has arrived IPG a month ago, still waiting for case officer to be assigned.
Please share if you have your visa under process or if you have received it lately.

That country is Russia. He just lodged his application in May and got visa just recently in October. So it took 5 month. I lodged my application in the end of August and waiting.... Nothing was speeded up I guess...

visa

Hi,
I have applied for student visa on 25.10.2012 to pursue PhD at University of Auckland. On 1 November I received a reply that my application has been transferred to IPG, Wellington. An acknowledgement email was arrived on 9 November says my application is in queue and case officer will be allocated within 8 weeks. But on 8th of november before receiving acknowledgement email. An immigration officer contacted me and he said I have quickly checked your application, please send me the document. I don't know how long is gonna take for visa. Do you guys know present processing timeframe for visa ?

may i ask you from which country you belong? im from pakistan. i have been waiting since 5 weeks for the completion of this 6-8 weeks time period for this allocation of case officer.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE ALREADY GOT VISA: how long your visa was valid for? for one year or equal to the duration of your phd.

Student VISA Processing Time Frame for Doctorate

Please provide me the know how regarding time frame for NZ Student VISA for Doctorate.

Doctorate Student VISA for New Zealand-- Something needs to be done with the Process

Hi All,

Hope you all doing well!!

The same thing happened with me. Let me introduce myself:

I am an IT Professional having 3.5 years of experience. I did MCA(Masters OF Computer Applications) and BCA (Bachelor Of Computer Applications) from reputed Universities. Now, I would like to bring to your notice, the important things I have accomplished for filing my VISA.

Documents I have prepared:
1. PCC from two states where I worked and where I live.
2. All Educational Documents.
3. Past Employments Offer Letters & Resignation Letters.
4. Letter of Recommendation from the Director of the company.(Big thing to get from such a person)
5. Statement Of Purpose(SOP)
6.Tax Pay Sheets.
7. Date of Birth Certificate(DOB)
8. No loan. Full Cash Statements from State Bank Of India.

I think for such a well equipped file, there'll be no waiting but what I have gone through I know that.

Now, the real face. Actual time taken from the time I filed the VISA till now.....:(:(:(:(:(:(

Visa Processing Time:

June 14(File sent to Delhi)
|
|
July 26(Got mail from HC that file has been sent to Wellington)
|
|
August
|
|
September
|
|
October
|
|
14 Nov (6 MONTHS OVER)
November(Previous day got mail from HC that file has been sent for National Security Check)
|
|
December(Don't know how much time now for NSC)
|
|
Jan 2013
|
|
Feb 2013
|
|
March 03, 2013(My Session Start Date)

I already missed July 2012 Session. I am in touch with my Professor of UOA. He also got stunned that how one good file is getting delayed for the VISA approval. Almost every month, I mailed my Professor regarding my Doctorate and VISA status.

So now you tell me guys, what is my fault that:
1. No fake things in my File.
2. Accurate Certificates.
3.Offer from Reputed Universities(Got offer from every University in New Zealand)

Could someone guide me that how much time National Security Check going to take to dig out that. Please guide me. I am really upset and frustrated. What should I do??:(

Hi All,

Hope you all doing well!!

The same thing happened with me. Let me introduce myself:

I am an IT Professional having 3.5 years of experience. I did MCA(Masters OF Computer Applications) and BCA (Bachelor Of Computer Applications) from reputed Universities. Now, I would like to bring to your notice, the important things I have accomplished for filing my VISA.

Documents I have prepared:
1. PCC from two states where I worked and where I live.
2. All Educational Documents.
3. Past Employments Offer Letters & Resignation Letters.
4. Letter of Recommendation from the Director of the company.(Big thing to get from such a person)
5. Statement Of Purpose(SOP)
6.Tax Pay Sheets.
7. Date of Birth Certificate(DOB)
8. No loan. Full Cash Statements from State Bank Of India.

I think for such a well equipped file, there'll be no waiting but what I have gone through I know that.

Now, the real face. Actual time taken from the time I filed the VISA till now.....:(:(:(:(:(:(

Visa Processing Time:

June 14(File sent to Delhi)
|
|
July 26(Got mail from HC that file has been sent to Wellington)
|
|
August
|
|
September
|
|
October
|
|
14 Nov (6 MONTHS OVER)
November(Previous day got mail from HC that file has been sent for National Security Check)
|
|
December(Don't know how much time now for NSC)
|
|
Jan 2013
|
|
Feb 2013
|
|
March 03, 2013(My Session Start Date)

I already missed July 2012 Session. I am in touch with my Professor of UOA. He also got stunned that how one good file is getting delayed for the VISA approval. Almost every month, I mailed my Professor regarding my Doctorate and VISA status.

So now you tell me guys, what is my fault that:
1. No fake things in my File.
2. Accurate Certificates.
3.Offer from Reputed Universities(Got offer from every University in New Zealand)

Could someone guide me that how much time National Security Check going to take to dig out that. Please guide me. I am really upset and frustrated. What should I do??:(

When I sent a scanned document (requested by IPG) via email to IPG in holiday (sun day) in response to my email I got an out of office reply email. In that the below information was quoted in the bottom..

TEMPORARY ENTRY VISA PERMIT VISITOR 3-4 months 4-8 weeks WORK 2-4 months 4-12 weeks STUDENT 2-3 months 4-6 weeks

This is what they have been doing!!

This is what they have been doing since years to PH.D students of a few countries. my research start date was Nov, 2012 that has already passed and still no sign of appointment of case officer. 7 weeks have passed since i got an acknolwledgement email from IPG that stated 6-8 weeks may take for this. I am just keeping my fingers crossed. the biggest trouble is that my father is facing financial problems due to the huge money stuck in my bank accounts that i maintained for visa. he asks me every other day about any update and i have to reply in negative.

Bank statement

may i ask you from which country you belong? im from pakistan. i have been waiting since 5 weeks for the completion of this 6-8 weeks time period for this allocation of case officer.

how much bank statement did u showed on your application? I am also from pakistan and I will lodge my visa application soon. Could you please guide me how much money should be in bank and for how long.

This is what they have been doing since years to PH.D students of a few countries. my research start date was Nov, 2012 that has already passed and still no sign of appointment of case officer. 7 weeks have passed since i got an acknolwledgement email from IPG that stated 6-8 weeks may take for this. I am just keeping my fingers crossed. the biggest trouble is that my father is facing financial problems due to the huge money stuck in my bank accounts that i maintained for visa. he asks me every other day about any update and i have to reply in negative.

Hi friend,

Do you got a case officer to your application? I think 8 weeks already been passed for you. 8 weeks time requirement for allocation of case officer is true or it will take more time?