NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

I have launched my student PhD visa on 25th January, got a reply from IPG case officer on 1st March regarding the assignment of my case. Lately on 4th May, they have confirmed that my application is undergoing standard verification check. They have already received the additional documents ( the same ones which was sent with the application). I have learnt a lot about visa processing time from all of you. Thanks to the forum members for that. Frankly speaking , I did not have any damn idea that NZ PhD visa can take such a long time. Request others to share your views and cases.

Hi,

Where are you heading to? I have applied for the PhD visa on 5 th May. My passport was returned along with a letter stating that my application has been forwarded to wellington. I am yet to hear any information from wellington. I assume all PhD applicants need to follow same process regardless of their other credentials. I was also unaware of this long-drawn-out process.

@ Abhishekatrec,

I think 3 month processing time frame is just a rumor. :D

Hello Everybody !!!, I have a good news to share :) The Immigration Profiling Branch is currently relocating. It may be several days before they are in a position to respond fully to our queries. cheers !!!! I hope some of you are aware of this news.

Congratulations brother on getting the visa. Have a nice and safe trip there.

It would be great if you could spell out the timeline for each step in the entire process. It can be of help for future applicants.

Once again congratulations on your visa.

I look forward to seeing you soon at Auckland. :)

@dbasu

You can expect your visa soon. :)

I got an update today that they are waiting for the results of my medical assessment of my medical certificate. They expect these results in the next few weeks. However, because of relocation, they are not able to provide any time frame. Lets see.

@ dbasu..Now I'm certain you smoked too much weed in aus. Thats why ur stuck with the med check.

For the help of future applicants...

Application sent-14 Feb

App reaches NZ- 8th March

VISA officer appointed- 16th March

Extra documents reach NZ- 5th April

VISA approval- 25th May

@dbasu

Still waiting for the acknowledgement email from IPB, Wellington.

@abhishek

Keep checking you email as I may seek help. :)

@shikar : In my case I applied for the visa on 25th Jan 2011 and got acknowledgement from IPG on 1st March 2011. I think you have to wait for some time more.
Though its a looooooooooooooooog wait for all of us. :mad:

@dbasu

Lets hope for the best. I think they wont respond on our queries before a case officer has been allocated. Hence, all I can do is to wait for something to happen from their side. Keep updating your status. You can expect yours within a week(optimistic outcome).

It would be better if you could drop me a mail so that we can discuss further.

@shikar: could you please message me your mail id. I could not find in my inbox . Sorry for that

Hello,
I am from Pakistan, I applied for NZ student visa and my application was too moved to IPG. It was received at IPG on 30th March, Case officer assigned on 10th May, Case officer contacted me to send further docs on 20th May and I sent required docs on 27th May 2011.
Now waiting for further process

Hello.
I am from Pakistan. I also applied for New Zealand Student Visa for PhD in EE from UOA. And below is the time frame.

Sent my application through an agent: 25th February 2011
Got email that my application has been transferred to IPG Wellington: 28th February 2011
Visa Officer assigned: 10th March 2011
Additional docs sent: 15th March 2011

Still waiting from their reply. My agent emailed her and forwarded an auto reply which he received from her(visa officer) that they are relocating their office.....
Can you guys tell me how much more time it will take? Please help...

Hey Urdu, can you give me your contact info so that we can talk and discuss some things...

Thanks in advance.

Contact Info

Brainwave06, i have deleted my cell no. but brother will remain in contact

Last edited by a moderator: