NZ PhD Student Visa, 5 Month Processing time

Hi doglover,

My Visa office contacted me today and asked me for sending photographs of us as a couple and evidence that my wife & me are staying together. I saw that even you applied for your wife's work permit what was the evidence that you supplied for the application? I've already supplied them with photgraphs and current & telephone bills and marriage certificate as a proof along with my original application, is there anything in particular that I should send apart from these?

VO asked same thing from me. Anyways U can send the following documents:

Photographs taken at different occasions/different time (like taken at marriage, honeymoon , some tourist destinations, in ur home) , they demand 6 different photos. Better to send 1-2 photographs with kid, if any.

Marriage certificate ( MUST send, even if u sent already)

Cards and letter written/ sent to each other( like b'day cards, anniversary cards etc.)

Joint bank statements ( very solid proof)

Any recent letters/ bills specific issued for ur spouse from some reliable agency- like from IELTS office/or for some job/ telephone/mobile agency etc which has same address as urs ( it ll show that still u r living under same roof)

These all things are required.
Best wishes

Last edited by a moderator:
@DOGLOVER
I am fine and good. NZ is a good place. What about u ? When u r coming NZ. Well by the way I am in Otago. When you come by then let me know and we will have a good time. Its very good to see that this thread is still alive.

Hi Buddy

Many thanks that u remember me till date. After all v all r friend from Rainy season, lols.Thanks for asking, Will definitely look forward to meet u.

At least 2 months more to windup the things over here. I ll let u know the exact date.

cheers

Hi all

I have a very good news to share with u all :) I got Canada's Permanent Resident Visa. V received our passports back with Visas yesterday only. I am more than happy today.

Now I will not go to New Zealand for PhD. Due to the waiting frustration created in my life during 7 month long period for NZ visa I applied for Canadian PR. Finally I got it:):cool: due to IPG. IPG is gr8, Lols.

Best wishes 2 all

Hi guys,

No update :( I am feeling very discouraged because I have been hearing of more and more rejections lately. One guy from Iranian recently received an email from IPG (after 14 months!) saying he is rejected because his research can lead to weapons of mass destruction! His research was studying some cells under microscope, suggested not by him but by his supervisor.

My previous research here was on aerial robots and funded by US DoD so we can all easily predict what IPG will construe this to be. It is too late now to start applying elsewhere, giving GRE etc from scratch.

@doglover Congrats! That is great news. Have a great stay at Canada!

@vogno.
Don't be discourages man. There are rejection cases but you should not be disappointed. Rejection and acceptance goes everywhere. Keep one thing in mind that your verification can easily take 4-6 months. This is the normal range. Mine took round about 5 months. One of other colleague took 4 months. One more thing if you have number of publications and have visited to conferences then that thing also requires time for verification. On other hand simple person without any publication or foreign visits gets visa processed bit earlier. So how long your verification is going on? It took me 9 months to get visa because visa officer was allocated to me after 5 months. Then my processing was started. So dont be worry. Its a just matter of time.

@DOGLOVER
Congrats buddy on getting Canada visa. Have a nice and safe trip there. Remember this forum :) in future Mr Canada

Last edited by a moderator:
@DOGLOVER
Congrats buddy on getting Canada visa. Have a nice and safe trip there. Remember this forum :) in future Mr Canada

Many thanks buddy, this all is due to wishes from u all friends, I am highly thankful to IPG who made me motivated to apply some where else, more solid indeed.:cool:

I ll definitely come here even after landing at Canada, it is my promise.

God bless u

Hi guys,

No update :( I am feeling very discouraged because I have been hearing of more and more rejections lately. One guy from Iranian recently received an email from IPG (after 14 months!) saying he is rejected because his research can lead to weapons of mass destruction! His research was studying some cells under microscope, suggested not by him but by his supervisor.

My previous research here was on aerial robots and funded by US DoD so we can all easily predict what IPG will construe this to be. It is too late now to start applying elsewhere, giving GRE etc from scratch.

Thanks for the wishes buddy.

Nothing to worry , they will grant u visa very soon , don't c those very few who did not get their visa but try to find out large proportion who have made it possible. U know even this late would be Good for u , God always do good for us, just c my case.

It would be also better if u try for some where else in the mean time or even after getting visa, u r going without scholarship (I guess) so stay at NZ would be more challenging.

Keep updating us.

Best wishes

Hi guys,

I am also Iranian and I have applied for PhD student visa 14 December. can you please give me any contact of that person from Iran if you have?
We can just pray and wait... Do not struggle, good news come when you do not expect...

@ doglover
Congrats for obtaining your Canadian PR Visa. All the best for your future.

@ Explodesh

Thank you for the information and mainly thank you for giving me your mail ID

Now at the Latest I have got a mail from my Immigration officer, He started the mail with an apology. He said the he had back log of applications, then he ended the mail telling me that he would come back shortly with the progress of my application. Below is the reply

"I apologise for not contacting you earlier but there is a back log of applications in this office. You will be hearing from me shortly regarding the progress of your application"

So can any body tell me where I stand now and how much time it would take from here on..............

@niru2nz

Many thanks for the wonderful wishes

I hope u will get ur visa in next 2-3 months, now the V.O. will demand for more documents, and then ll issue u visa.

Cheers

Visa approved !

Got the email from my Visa officer that my Visa has been approved.. yay!, nov-19 to may-19 - 6 months. Planning on starting the course in July, Going to Auckland Business School, anybody else in Auckland... Can anyone suggest what you guys are doing as far as accommodation is concerned? I got hold of my accommodation way back in Dec but had to let it go due to the delay in getting the Visa.
Any advice is much appreciated, This thread has been extremely useful !

@ikr

Congrats on your visa. Normally I think there is no problem of accommodation. U should book some temporary place for 5-6 days. These places are quite cheap. Then go there. As here in NZ u may have to sign a lease which means that you cannot leave place till end of year. So it's better to go there first. Have a look at the places. Then sign agreement and live in the house. Normally Universities also suggest this thing. And I personally think that this is the best. I did the same thing and it went well with me!!

Plus look for your home country students on facebook etc. They may also provide you the guidance.

Once again congrats. best of luck for your trip!!!!

Got the email from my Visa officer that my Visa has been approved.. yay!, nov-19 to may-19 - 6 months. Planning on starting the course in July, Going to Auckland Business School, anybody else in Auckland... Can anyone suggest what you guys are doing as far as accommodation is concerned? I got hold of my accommodation way back in Dec but had to let it go due to the delay in getting the Visa.
Any advice is much appreciated, This thread has been extremely useful !

Oooooooooo thats gr8, wonderful news, this is just awesome:), NZ is a gorgeous city moreover i heard a lot about Auckland B school:cool:

Congrats again, explodesh is absolutely right, plz do as advised by him. Orkut site will also help 2 find other students:cool:

Best wishes

Congrats on your visa. Normally I think there is no problem of accommodation. U should book some temporary place for 5-6 days. These places are quite cheap. Then go there. As here in NZ u may have to sign a lease which means that you cannot leave place till end of year. So it's better to go there first. Have a look at the places. Then sign agreement and live in the house. Normally Universities also suggest this thing. And I personally think that this is the best. I did the same thing and it went well with me!!

Plus look for your home country students on facebook etc. They may also provide you the guidance.

Once again congrats. best of luck for your trip!!!!

Hi wats up buddy, how the things are going on at ur place?

Hi all,

This is more of a question to folks whose visa has been approved and have received their passports already
Did you guys use the TTK services to send your passports for stamping or sent it yourself?
How long did it take for you guys to receive the passports with the stamping?

Really need the answers to these questions as soon as possible as I'm in a tricky situation here,

Any comments are much appreciated!

Cheers,

Hi all,

This is more of a question to folks whose visa has been approved and have received their passports already
Did you guys use the TTK services to send your passports for stamping or sent it yourself?
How long did it take for you guys to receive the passports with the stamping?

Really need the answers to these questions as soon as possible as I'm in a tricky situation here,

Any comments are much appreciated!

Cheers,

TT service is needed.

U will get ur PP back with Visa in 5-10 days.

Best wishes

Hi every one, Today I got mail from my immigration officer approving my Visa for PhD study. 25 January 2010 to 08 June 2010. Thanks to everyone who gave your valuable suggestions and advices.

Kind Regards

Niru2nz

Hi every one, Today I got mail from my immigration officer approving my Visa for PhD study. 25 January 2010 to 08 June 2010. Thanks to everyone who gave your valuable suggestions and advices.

Kind Regards

Niru2nz

Dear niru2nz,

Congratulations, I hope you have a good trip to NZ.
Could you tell me the name of your Visa Officer? and also your home country? I have sent my visa application on 14th December and they are still in verification.

thanks.