NYC RIR Status

NY Labor

i applied on feb 15/02 and still waiting for approval from sesa. anyone got it approved after this date, let me know

nylabor,
I too applied on 15th Feb'02.
Keep posting if you have any further developments with your case.

Though I am sure the way tings are going we will have to wait till like April'May'03.

Good Luck..

Haresh

Have you or your company/lawyers contacted NY SWA? You might be able to get some information from them.

good luck

My brothers case got approved

Hi Guys!

Just checked DOL Automated Tel. System

2 cases got certified

Applied NY SESA : April 23 2001
Query from SESA : August
Replied in August
1 case Certified on September 30 & other today i.e. 1st Oct

One case is my brothers & other guy is a friend.

Thanks everybody

Samina

Hi samina,

what is the number to call for the automated response?
what do i need to provide for retrieving my info?

thanks in advance.

Guys,

As what I have read from this thread, the latest approval is NO LATER then 04/23/01.

This makes me to believe that , SESA is currently approaching 04/25/01 or 04/26/01.

Pls post your comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

My application was mailed out on April 24, 2001 and haven't got any news yet. I tried to talk my lawyer's assistant into abtaining the case number for me but apparently he doesn't want to do the extra for me.
I am in the IT field.

Good luck to everyone and take care!

Haresh/Razor

we have seen approvals from Apr. 30 from NY SWA before and the same has been confirmed by anecdotal evidence from my lawyers office as well. There is a chance your file has already been forwarded to NY DOL. Try and persuade someone from your HR dept. if your paralegal is unable to do so, to call up NY SWA and find the status.

Good luck and keep us informed.

jrinny, thank you very much for your advice. Could you pls tell me which telephone number it is and what information they need to give out the case number?

Thanks again.

Thank you, Samina. But I also need the phone number of NY SWA where I can get my case number first.

NY SWA

Razor,

The SWA number is 212 621 9330. I don't know if we need to call the SWA for the case number. I was thinking the lawyer may be havign the case number, so we can call the lawyer and ask him for the case number. Then we can call the Regional office and chek status. If thats negative, then call SWA and chek the status with them.

Tell me what u think?

Razor

Try this - use the NY DOL number given by Samina (212) 337 2193 and try the company phone number option to find your case. The phone number to use is the same as in your LC application (ETA 750 A&B). Hopefully that works, keep us informed.

Thank you very much, jrinny, samina, ksnm and all the viewers. It really feels like a warm family here. I haven't felt this kind of warmth long since I came to this country.

I tried the automated system with all the company numbers I have and it didn't work. So I call up the paralegal again and asked him to give me either my case number or the registered employer's number. He seemed surprised at the fact that I have this telephone number. He didn't give me any info but promised to call me back. Then, just a few minutes ago, he left a message on my answering machine telling me that my case has not entered the regional office yet, because they sent together with my application a card and the card is supposed to be sent back to them when the case reached the regional office, and they haven't got the card yet. Any one knows what this card is? Is it a normal practice to send and receive this card?
As for the case number, he said the case number is available only when the application enters the regional office. This seems conflict with what I have read here.
As for the employer's number, he said it is not available either. He gave a reason in the message but I didn't get it because of his fast speaking speed and my less than satisfactory listening comprehension.

I am going to call him back. What should I tell him?

Your input is highly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Razor

The card is a prepaid card that your attorney attaches to your application when they mail it SWA. When SWA is ready to send the file to DOL they are supposed to mail the card back to your attorney - indicating that your file has moved to DOL. What you need to find if your case is in DOL is one of the following 3:

DOL case number - which u dont have
Employer phone number - again u dont have; and
Employer Tax-Id - which u may have from your w-2's.

Send an e-mail at "lcstatus02@doleta.gov" with the message simply being:

Tax Id : "##-####.."

and if your case is in DOL's system you will get a reply in a few minutes(i.e. if the e-mail system works!!)

Take care and good luck

jrinny, you are really a man of ideas!

I will dig out my old W-2 tonight and see if this email trick works.

"Thanks" is not a good enough word for you, but I can not find a better one yet.