NYC RIR Status

New York SESA is toast

Might as well withdraw your labor certification application from New York. Why? Check out: http://www.usvisanews.com/memo1719.html

But before you do that, ask your lawyer what you should do. Its most likely that they will advise you to stay put, but this is not in your interest, merely their own. Look at other states, such as California (!!).

And this is what we get for working in this country, paying taxes like everyone else, and paying Social Security which is another tax for us because we will never get it back when we leave. For those of you that were in companies that had layoffs or salary cuts, how many of you got unemployment insurance from the Department Of Labor like your American counterparts?

means the whole next year will be on April cases too?

the office has finally begun to process cases filed by April 20, 2001, those cases will take about a year to get through.

Labor pain

Hi Guys
I found this site really helpful and I am visiting this more and more frequently, specially this thread.
My status is Labor filed on April 16th 2001 (RIR, NY)
Received information from companyy lawyer about Qry sometime last week of march 2002. INS supposedly adviced to readvertise.
Company supposedly readvertised and sent response in 1st week of May.
No news so far from INS (as per my company).
I am wondering whats going on. I asked my company for any case # or something so that I can somehow track at NY SESA. They are not willing.
Guys, please advice me. Are there more people in the same boat (status) or its just a fishy thing that I am dealing with. If that is the case, what specific information I should ask from my lawyer (like case# etc) to find out whats going on. Remember, my labor is still at the NY SESA. it has not reached DOL

RIR - Pending - 7 Year extension

Guys,

I am in the same boat. My RIR was mailed on 04/23/01 (NY) and 6 years of H1 expiring in December this year. Don\'t know if there is any hope for an approval; guess will have start packing my bags !!

I wanted to be clear about 7th year extension. My understanding was LC needs to be approved and I-140 needs to be pending/filed; but i see articles otherwise and my attorney said the same as I had mentioned. I want to make sure he is accurate. Can I get a 7th year if my labor has been pending for more than year and not approved yet? Any information will be greatly appreciated !!!

7th Year H1B Extension if waiting on RIR

From Dept of Labor official H1B page: http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/h-1b.asp

"...After the H-1B expires, the foreign worker must remain outside the U.S. for one year before another H-1B petition can be approved. Certain foreign workers with labor certification applications or immigrant visa petitions in process for extended periods may stay in H-1B status beyond the normal six-year limitation, in one-year increments. For more information on extended stay possibilities, see the INS website."

My advice, check with other competent lawyer, you should be able to get an extension. Good luck.

Any news?

Folks any news? immigration.com reports a clarification from DOL on their recent RIR guidelines - sounds like a positive one!!

Labor in SESA, Query and Status Check

When it comes to SESA, they are living in the ages when Dinosaurs roamed the earth. You will not any status from them, and neither will your company lawyers get anything so there is no point pushing it. You should consider yourself lucky that your application is pre April 20 because the last 10 days of April (April 20-30) are supposedly going to take SESA an entire year to process and as you know there is no status checking at SESA level until PERM is in place which is a whole new process. But we dont quality for that because its not in place yet and our applications are already in the door. So my advise is to be patient and frequently visit the following two pages:

DOL Official site (With SESA times):
    http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

US Immigration Breaking news (up to the minute) Dont pay attention to the misleading page name, its all U.S. INS and DOL stuff:
http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

No Title

So people whose apps was sent after april 20th haven\'t heard anything at all? I am not sure that getting a query means that I am in the pre April 20th period and whether i have any advantage of timing over others.

Labor Certification applied in Apr\'02 ,New Jersey

Hi All,
 I have applied for RIR category in NEw Jersey in April 2002 any update on the DOL Dates.
 Long gone it is still showing April\'01 on all the websites.
 Has it been on HOLD or something?

please update with any Dates. Does anyone know what are they doing with the Applications.

THanks,
Akhila

Labor pain

Hey TR - It sound rather crazy that your company will not share your case details with you. You have every right to know what the heck they are doing with your stuff.

About re-advertising, it appears to be a commmon thing. If they did re-advertise they must have filed a response to the advts. You should have asked to see it before they sent it to NY SESA, to make sure the response adequately answers the issue. You have to keep a closer eye on the communication to make sure your interests are being met. You should be able to get from your HR dept a file that contains all communication pieces and related documents on your case. This will contain your case # which you could then use to track the progress that\'s being made.

Out of curiosity what kind of firm do you work at? Is it a reputable company?

Good Luck
NY_Banker.

ahu...ahu..ahu

good4 u guys, mine was mailed 7/10.
do u know if they reach the 1 year mark they will automatically approve your LC?

IMPORTANT FOR NYC RIR

I just called their hotline and did I hear it right that they will be processing RIR received in 4/01 for the remainder of this year? Meaning until 12/02?

Call 621-9330 then press 1 to confirm.

not only that

we standed up bravely with Americans and worked hard everyday in this great city that\'s constantly threatened by terrorism.

Maybe it\'s really the time to pack up and leave the city? or the country all-together?

No Title

Well, they have been giving status, through emails as to what the query was, when the response was sent. But I have been giving them the benefit of doubt since I was seeing simillar experiences on this website. But yes, you are right about proper communication.
But, the thing that I am wondering about is that how much time SESA will take to answer to our query? How much time they are taking... considering the fact that this query thing has become a common thing. For me its been almost 1 1/2 month after response has been sent. And secondly, if I am able to get the case#, is it of any use? Can I track my status at SESA?
regarding your curiosity, its a small IT consulting company.