NYC RIR Status

I don\'t think so.

He has submitted his application for a year, and he can extend his H1 legally anyway, so H1 expiration should not be the reason...
think about it.

well, two replies for you, pal

1. there\'s still confusion about who\'s eligible for H-1 7th year extension. There\'s even debate within INS. Some say LC application > 1 year is good enough (I certainly hope so), while other say you need to have I-140 filed also. I have yet to see anyone got a 7th year H-1 extension merely because he filed LC but had not yet filed I-140.

2. the above argument is not even relavent. As long as NY SWA desires to clear up these cases so that people with H-1 expiration near can file their I-140, you and I will see more cases who filed later but got approved ealier.

Because my H-1 expiration expires next March, my lawyer is CERTAIN that my LC will be certified before 1/03. It\'s not my turn yet, she said. It\'s that simple.

yeah, pretty twisted, too.

but that\'s the way it is.

I am not gonna waste time convincing anyone. suit yourself. we\'ll see.

:)

good, people who submit now, and if they have H1 expiring in 3 months, they can get approval in 3 months, bacause DOL will just kindly not let their H1s expire...
sound crazy and funny though.

For Misery...

I saw your previous posts before regarding expediting LCs for people whose H-1B will expire soon. Did your attorney say if she/he has to do anything to speed up your LC? If yes, has your attorney sent in the request? My corporate attorney said there was nothing she could do except wait and see. Thanks.

yeah, my lawyer submited an expedit request

it\'s like a seperate quque.

if your lawyer just sits and do nothing, your h-1 gets expired and god knows if you can get 7th year extension.

YR, check my previous posts. have I ever said that DOL will just look at your H-1 expiration date and then single you out for faster processing? Your lawyer would have to request it. Even when they do, I believe there are guidelines NY SWA follows when processing such rewquests. if you just filed your case in 1/2002, I don\'t think they would honor such request. I don\'t know the details. but looking at someone who filed in 5/20/01 and got approval (actually his RFE came in on 4/1/02!), I don\'t think there\'s any other explanation. let me ask you, how many April 2001 cases are out there un-processed?

Maybe it\'s laughable to you, but I definitely don\'t have that humor.

jrinny .... More details....

b Details:-

Profession: Software engineer.

RFE: The RFE was regarding the proposed salary, the SESA said that the salary is less than the average. So, the employer had to alter the application to say that the average salary would be paid once the employee gets the GC.

The corporate lawyer did not help expedite the case. The lawyer did mention that I cannot apply for a 7th year extension until we file for I-140 even though a year passed since we applied for labor. Not sure if the lawyer is 100% accurate though.

To file for extension after my 140 is filed, I was also told that I have to wait until ONE month before my H-1 expiry to file for 7th year extension at the INS Vermont Service Center. Again, I could not find other sources to corroborate this, but I haven\'t looked very hard.

Any news from the april/may folks

Fathi etc, any news from your attorneys. We have an approval from May 20 mailing while earlier folks are still waiting. Note Deeone got a SESA RFE in April. I have a feeling it may be because his earlier Non RIR priority date comes into play here. In any event, everyone who is still here how about a show of hands to see what the current status is!!

May the force be with us.

EB3, RIR, P.D. 26TH APRIL.

hi, no news yet. called the lawyer yesterday, "nothing yet" is the permanent reply.i have given up on hopeing that i\'ll see anything this year.
hope someone gets some reply.

NYC RIR Approval

According to the lcstatus e-mail, I\'ve been approved!

Mailed April 12 2001
Received Regional DOL 5/18/2002
Certified 5/21/2002

This is EB2(Masters) for a small non-tech company related to financial markets.

pnyc, CONGRATS.

HEY , THATS LOVELY NEWS, AT LEAST WE KNOW THEY DIDNT ABANDON WORKING ON OUR CASES, CAN U PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THE PRIORITY DATE FOR U\'R APPLICATION WAS?
THANKS.

No Title

Not sure of precise PD, unfortunately - lawyer never told me, just date it was mailed from lawyer\'s office.

congrats

Could you share what your occupation is - I am also a non techie, and was curious what swa/dol is doing in these kinds of cases.

thanks

Last Seen Aproval was for the 4/16

April will take up most of the year so basically we New Yorkers are all screwed.