NYC RIR Status

No Title

The fact that NY DOL PROCESSING time has gone back by one month during
this months update ( they are still showng March ) means that they have recieved a big chunk from sesa and are in the process of adjucating the cases. If Sesa is not processing the cases then in that scenario NY DOL should be current and not lagging by one month

recent approval

I talked to my lawyer yesterday, they got an approval for 04/25/2001. Looks like it\'s slow, but crawling forward.

LC Approved !! EB2-RIR

Hello:

Here is my information..

Category: EB2 - RIR
Applied on - April 05 2001
SESA issued REF on - March 1 2002
  (subject: Prevailing wage, clarification on experience)
REF Replied on - March 29 2002
SESA forwarded case to Reg. DOL - April 06 2002
Regional email status check says - STATUS : CERTIFIED on 04/16/02.

I talked to Reg DOL office to verify and it indeed is certified !!!

I work for a multinational telecom company with 40000 employees. Company had a round of lay offs (10000 or so) in October 2001 and some announcements recently.

This message board has been a source of a lot of good information and consolation at the times of frustration.

Thank you everybody who contribute to this and wish you all good luck.
DMN

SESA timings updated !!!

Called SESA no 2126219330 . The message say they are processing April2001 RIR cases and because of the volume for April2001
it will process for the remainder of year for APRIL2001 cases. Any comment or clue . Mine H1 6 years is expiring in December2002 and labour applied in RIR in June 2001.Can I get extension for 7th year if my Labour is pending (I140 not filed) ????

Can U tell me how U checked on Ur case

Hi DMN1 - It\'s great that Ur case was approved. Congrats!

My situation is almost identical to yours!! Except that I don\'t know If my case has been approved yet!

I have also replied to an RFE on Mar 18th, but I don\'t know where my case stand now! (RFE Subject - Was told to put an Advt in the Paper to ensure there aren\'t any other qualified workers)

How can I find out what the status of my case is? Any phone numbers? And what is it that I need to identify myself or my case by ?

Your help is much appreceated.

NYBANKER

what a depressing news!! .. but it is true.

so May 2001 cases have to expect to be cleared next year.. :((((

RIR cases will still take priority over 245i

SESA will handle these cases differently. You will see more RIR approvals for april \'01 soon.

when can we expect Jan 02 cases to be cleared

Labour_pain,

You seem to be following these approvals very closely. So, i think you can give an better extimate on when Jan 02 cases might be approved. Please help!!

7th year extension

nyrirjune2001: I looked into extending H-1 before labor is approved. It is not possible to do that, I guess you have to be atleast at I-140 stage to do that.

(Guesstimate) Jan 02 cases

LaborAche,

I think the 245i has put a 1 yr delay into the process. So Jan 02 cases may see approvals in 12-13 months. However, if SESA adds staff to handle the cases and catchup then this time will go down but knowing SESA, i expect the best case scenario to be 7-8 months.

Other positive improvements (a very small chance that the Jan-Feb \'02 applications will benefit from it) are the straigh-through application approval process at DOL (PERM) instead of the current two step process, and other planned streamlining initiatives.

Good news is that it wont be as bad as the Mar, Apr 01 cases.

Remember, I feel the pain just like you experience the ache ;)

No Title

Thank you very much! Does SESA normally add staff in such situations?
My 6 year limit ends on July 03 so I was\'nt sure if I can get through
the labour by then. Based on what you are saying I think I\'ll get my labour by then.

EXPEDITE POLICY

The DOL is considering a policy providing for expedited processing of selected labor certifications in limited circumstances. They are developing the policy based upon three suggested criteria: (a) cases in which the H-1 numerical cap is an issue (b) cases with a child of the beneficiary who is "aging out" (turning 21) and (c) cases involving persons in removal (formerly deportation) proceedings who would have relief available if the labor certification were approved. It is expected that it will be several months before the policy is released-FROM MURTHY.COM

Well Folks, I have an approval

For those of you who are in the process, just wanted to let you know that my LC has finally been certified. It took em a good 1 year to do it. So hang in there and I am sure you will get through this too.

Good Luck to you all. Im off to file the I-140!

NYBANKER

Good News for guys whose h1 6 year limit is approaching and labor is pending

According to AILA InfoNet, Doc. No. 02050231, relased today,
it is possible to apply h1 extension while ur labor is pending.

"INS Agrees to an ‘Alien-Based’ Reading of § 106(a) of the AC21

In a letter dated 4/24/02, the INS’s Director for Business and Trade Services agreed that §106 of the AC21 allows the employer of an H-1B nonimmigrant to seek an extension of stay beyond the 6th year as long as the alien is the beneficiary of any labor certification application or any immigrant worker petition."

This is really good news for the people who applied their labor
in NY, as processing time sucks in NY.

Look at the following attachemt for the letter.