NVC Received date afte I-140 approval

VJ,

When I called the AVM on thurs evening (late evening) after 9:00 pm EST, the avm was not updated. But when I called fri morning, the message had changed. Today's thursday. Hoopefully it will be there soon. Maybe you can ask your employer to check if the cashiers check has been encashed.

Good luck.

Dilbert

VJ2002 said:
hi dilbert,
Till mine was not updated it's aready more than 9 working days.
when AVm updates.i remember that KD replied that AVM will update every thursday.is that correct.i called just now till i couldn't updated message even they received by today.
can i call them directly...
Thanks
VJ

kd1403 said:
vj:

AVM Updates: These happen GENERALLY on Thursday evenings. So one can check on Fridays. In other words, the best way to find out the most up-to-date information is to talk to a NVC operator since they may have the information which may get updated on AVM 4-5 days later who knows! This definitely does not mean that everyone should start calling NVC to talk to an operator. As far as fee bill is concerned it normally takes 2-3 weeks for st louis to receive, present & encash and then inform NVC about the payment so that the P3 can be issued.

Thanks for ur reply.can i call the same number and which number is for operator assisitance
603-334-0700
Thanks
VJ

dilbert30 said:
VJ,

When I called the AVM on thurs evening (late evening) after 9:00 pm EST, the avm was not updated. But when I called fri morning, the message had changed. Today's thursday. Hoopefully it will be there soon. Maybe you can ask your employer to check if the cashiers check has been encashed.

Good luck.

Dilbert

i asked my employer regarding cashier's check.he said that he paid teh money and get that check then how can he track becasue he already pay teh cash get the check
Thanks
VJ

VJ2002

Each cheque has a number and a counterfoil. Ask your employer the checque number and the name of the Bank (or) better ask your employer to call the Bank's customer service, give them the Cheque number and ask them if the cheque has been encashed or not.

If the employer is not willing to do it, get the cheque number from him and the bank's 1-800 number. Call the bank, speak to the customer service representative, give them the Cheque number and ask them if this has been encashed.

If your employer is not co-operative then you can't do anything about it. (or) as KD and other members indicated wait till Friday morning to see if your case has been updated by NVC. If not then call NVC to speak with a representative.

All the best.
DA

VJ2002 said:
i asked my employer regarding cashier's check.he said that he paid teh money and get that check then how can he track becasue he already pay teh cash get the check
Thanks
VJ

jalabalajings said:
VJ2002

Each cheque has a number and a counterfoil. Ask your employer the checque number and the name of the Bank (or) better ask your employer to call the Bank's customer service, give them the Cheque number and ask them if the cheque has been encashed or not.

If the employer is not willing to do it, get the cheque number from him and the bank's 1-800 number. Call the bank, speak to the customer service representative, give them the Cheque number and ask them if this has been encashed.

If your employer is not co-operative then you can't do anything about it. (or) as KD and other members indicated wait till Friday morning to see if your case has been updated by NVC. If not then call NVC to speak with a representative.

All the best.
DA

Thanks for ur clear answer.i will wait for tomorrow still AVM not updated then i will call NVC.

Hi To Seniors,

My lawyer is delaying the process.
my fee bill was reached my lawyer on 3rd May.still NVC doesn't received my Fees.when i asked my lawyer he said that he send the fee but not giving the exact date he send to St.Louis.
my request is Regarding Packet3 once i received from my lawyer.can i directly posted to NVC.otherwise that process is also going to be delayed.
can any one plase clarify.

i apprecite

waiting waiting waiting !!!!!!!

Thanks
VJ

VJ2002 said:
Hi To Seniors,

My lawyer is delaying the process.
my fee bill was reached my lawyer on 3rd May.still NVC doesn't received my Fees.when i asked my lawyer he said that he send the fee but not giving the exact date he send to St.Louis.
my request is Regarding Packet3 once i received from my lawyer.can i directly posted to NVC.otherwise that process is also going to be delayed.

{If you receive the complete set i.e. the reply envelope, the cover sheet
with the bar-code, then you can mail the packet back yourself. }
can any one plase clarify.

i apprecite

waiting waiting waiting !!!!!!!

Thanks
VJ

{my response}

Raju

I-140 question

Hi Guys,

My I-140 RIR/EB3 was approved from Vermont on May 12th 2004. I called the number mentioned above in the thread and it keeps saying no record of case. Just wanted to know if anyone is on the same boat. I thought from Vermont it goes to NVC in a week or so. Should I be concerned or wait for couple of weeks more and then call INS to send another copy to NVC. My lawyer got a copy of I-140 and it says it is being forwarded to NVC. Any insight appreciaed? By the way my interview will be at Chennai Consulate.

Thanks

kartoos said:
Hi Guys,

My I-140 RIR/EB3 was approved from Vermont on May 12th 2004. I called the number mentioned above in the thread and it keeps saying no record of case. Just wanted to know if anyone is on the same boat. I thought from Vermont it goes to NVC in a week or so. Should I be concerned or wait for couple of weeks more and then call INS to send another copy to NVC. My lawyer got a copy of I-140 and it says it is being forwarded to NVC. Any insight appreciaed? By the way my interview will be at Chennai Consulate.

Thanks

Normally the case should have reached the NVC. Give it one more week and
try and talk to an operator. If it is still not received, your attorney may have
to call the service center to enquire about it.

Raju

hi kartoos,

There are some applications like mine that took much more time. Mine took 30 days from the date of I 140 approval for NVC to receive the case and another 11 days to create the case. Its been only 2 weeks now for you. Give it a couple of more weeks.

Dilbert

kartoos said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks

H1B 7th year extension + CP

Folks,

I am thinking of choosing the CP route to get my GC. I have an approved LC and validating whether I need to take the CP approach.

My lawyer told me that Im eligible for 7th year extension only if my 1-140 is pending.

He says I am not eligible for the extension, if my 1-140 is approved, and I am waiting for the interview.

Please, can someone help me on this with more info.

-gc_mania_03

That is indeed not true. You can apply for the 7th year extension if your 140 is approved. I'm saying from personal experience.

alren said:
That is indeed not true. You can apply for the 7th year extension if your 140 is approved. I'm saying from personal experience.

Cool, but were you waiting for the interview when you applied for the extension?

Please can you elaborate..

-gc_mania_03

gc_mania_03 said:
Cool, but were you waiting for the interview when you applied for the extension?

Please can you elaborate..

-gc_mania_03
In a sense yes. My fee bill had been generated. But not sent to NVC yet.

dilbert30 said:
Hi VJ,

Any progress at your end?? all the best

Dilbert

no luck till now.
My lawyer said that he sent the fee on 17th may.
when i called NVC yesterday they said they haven't received.they said it will take 3 to 6 weeks .
i saw ur progress in tracker.good, any how u r lucky .
best of luck
waiting waiting waiting.......
VJ

VJ,

I am Not so lucky. My P3 wont be sent back to the NVC for another MONTH or so - maybe even more. good luck to you.

Thanks,
dilbert

VJ2002 said:
no luck till now.
My lawyer said that he sent the fee on 17th may.
when i called NVC yesterday they said they haven't received.they said it will take 3 to 6 weeks .
i saw ur progress in tracker.good, any how u r lucky .
best of luck
waiting waiting waiting.......
VJ

My case was approved on April 23 2004, more than 6 weeks. Yet, NVC telephone message still states that there is no record of my case with NVC. Any advice on what I should do next will be appreciated?

topew said:
My case was approved on April 23 2004, more than 6 weeks. Yet, NVC telephone message still states that there is no record of my case with NVC. Any advice on what I should do next will be appreciated?

For starters try and reach an operator to ask about the status. Hopefully you
will receive a different response. If the response is the same, then your
attorney may have to contact the service center and find out the status.

Raju