NVC Received date afte I-140 approval

VJ2002

Registered Users (C)
Hi CP Guru's,

i need to know how many days will it be take to create a case after I-140 approval.
because i saw in cptracker .com.some of the people case created within 21 days.mine was almost 25days over.still the NVC voice mail says that they didn't received my case yet.
can any one reply please...

I-140 approved 03/08
EB3-RIR

Thanks in advance
VJ

vj:

It takes about 2-4 weeks (exceptional cases upto 6 weeks) for NVC to receive the intimation about I-140 approval so that they can create your CP case.

Just chill out till middle of April.

I'm sure it will reach there by then. Don't panic.

Hi,

My I 140 was also approved recently(the website said that an approval notice was mailed on 9th march)I only have receipt # the lawyers gave me for the I 140. Its a LIN#. How can I use it to find information such as whats going on with the case at NVC etc? Is there a phone# I can call - NVC voice mail? Whats the phone#?

BTW, which consulate in India have you opted for?

I have requested Chennai consulate
Originally posted by VJ2002
Hi CP Guru's,

i need to know how many days will it be take to create a case after I-140 approval.
because i saw in cptracker .com.some of the people case created within 21 days.mine was almost 25days over.still the NVC voice mail says that they didn't received my case yet.
can any one reply please...

I-140 approved 03/08
EB3-RIR

Thanks in advance
VJ

Re: Re: NVC Received date afte I-140 approval

Originally posted by dilbert30
Hi,

My I 140 was also approved recently(the website said that an approval notice was mailed on 9th march)I only have receipt # the lawyers gave me for the I 140. Its a LIN#. How can I use it to find information such as whats going on with the case at NVC etc? Is there a phone# I can call - NVC voice mail? Whats the phone#?

Go though this thread what next after I140 aproval? .

Near the bottom of the thread your answers are there.

With the LIN # you can check the status of your case by calling NVC @ 603 334 0700. AVM will say when was your fee bill issued.
i opted Chennai Consulate.
mine was EB3-RIR
what about urs?

Thanks
VJ

Hi VJ 2002,

Thanks. I will give this a try. All I have is my LIN #. My case is EB2-RIR. I doubt if there will be a difference between categories at this stage.

For I 140, my case was at Nebraska Service Center. My priority date is June 02. How about yours?

I started a thread for people going to Chennai for CP interview and whos I 140 just got approved. If you would like, we can start exchanging info and share notes there. No one seems to have joined that yet. :( :confused:
So, I keep looking around for useful info in all the threads.
But the CP gurus have posted some very useful responses to my questions there.

The link is:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=118353
Thanks,
Dilbert
============================================

QUOTE]Originally posted by VJ2002
With the LIN # you can check the status of your case by calling NVC @ 603 334 0700. AVM will say when was your fee bill issued.
mine was EB3-RIR
what about urs?

Thanks
VJ
[/QUOTE]

dilbert:

For CP after I-140 approval, it does not make a difference whether one is EB1/ 2/ 3. What matters is first come first served if al documents are provided and administratively reviewed by NVC and the consulate.

Hi,

I tried the AVM yesterday. I got a message essentially saying that there is no information on my case #. I used the I 140 receipt # to punch in when asked for a case #. According to the BCIS website, an approval notice for my I 140 has been mailed on 03/09/04. My lawyers informed me only on 09/16/04 that an approval notice had been recd on 09/15/04 and so I had assumed that 9/15 was the approval date. So, actually its been 3 weeks since I 140 approval and no information at the NVC. Dont know if its time to be already concerned.

Dilbert

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mine was EB3-RIR
what about urs?

Thanks
VJ

dilbert:

It normally takes about 2-4 weeks but in some cases about 6 weeks. So dont worry until 6 weeks have passed,

Just an observation, i 140 approved at VSC seem to have a faster turn around time (ie getting a case created at nvc) than cases approved at NSC. anyone else observed this trend or is it just me since its close to 4 weeks since my i 140 got approved and nothing has happened after that..

Dilbert

--------------

mine was EB3-RIR
what about urs?

Thanks
VJ

Originally posted by dilbert30
Just an observation, i 140 approved at VSC seem to have a faster turn around time (ie getting a case created at nvc) than cases approved at NSC. anyone else observed this trend or is it just me since its close to 4 weeks since my i 140 got approved and nothing has happened after that..

Probarbly because of the proximity between Vermont and New Hampshire. ;)

Just kidding, CP tracker shows only 2 cases for VT this year. So hard to judge.

Re: NSC is much slower.

Hi windflower,

Do you have a record in cptracker.com? Its a cool website and the speradsheet is really good.

VJ2002 has an approval date of Mar 8 from NSC as well.

Where is your interview going to be? My category is EBD2/rir and have opted for chennai.

I guess we just need to hang in tight..

Dilbert

Originally posted by windflower
My I-140 was approved on March 8. Still hear nothing from NVC.

WF:(

alren,

Thats a very comforting logic.:). I will keep that in mind when I look at trends the next time around.:D

yeah, as you say there are not many cases from vsc.

Originally posted by alren
Probarbly because of the proximity between Vermont and New Hampshire. ;)

Just kidding, CP tracker shows only 2 cases for VT this year. So hard to judge.

Hi, dilbert30
Just upload my informatioin in Cptracker. My case is EB2/RIR and consulate is Guangzhou, China.
Keep our fingers cross!

WF

yah! i too observe VSC I-140 approvals received by NVS within 21 days.mine was still waiting.

is theer any way that we can call NVC and let us know what 's happening.because i saw maximum received time is 35 days in cptracker.com... from NSC I-1 40 approvals

if it crosses more than 35 days can we call NVC and know the reason...?

hi dilbert what's happening at ur end.....

Thankjs
VJ

VJ,

There would be no harm in waiting till 45 days.

Although, the NVC website says that if 3 weeks have passed, feel free to call.

all:

To the best of my knowledge there is no correlation between the service centers and NVC as far as CP process is concerned. And like alren mentioned earlier although it may seem logical but it is difficult to forecast a trend that VSC is closer to NVC hence cases are created faster @NVC.