NVC Received date afte I-140 approval

Originally posted by kd1403
all:

To the best of my knowledge there is no correlation between the service centers and NVC as far as CP process is concerned. And like alren mentioned earlier although it may seem logical but it is difficult to forecast a trend that VSC is closer to NVC hence cases are created faster @NVC.

If that were the case, I can't imagine the plight of California folks. ;)

VJ,

No news from my end. I am not the type who checks the status on a regular basis, let alone daily, especially after my experience with labor cert(it took a year and a half!!!). But for the last 3 -4 days, I have been checking on the avm everyday. I think i should just cool it off and forget about it but its always easier said than done. When I checked this morning, I got the same message - there is no record of this case. In one correspondence from the lawyers, I was informed that it would be 2-3 months by the time packet 3 is recd. Thats about it.

Good luck to all of us!!!

Dilbert

Originally posted by VJ2002
yah! i too observe VSC I-140 approvals received by NVS within 21 days.mine was still waiting.

is theer any way that we can call NVC and let us know what 's happening.because i saw maximum received time is 35 days in cptracker.com... from NSC I-1 40 approvals

if it crosses more than 35 days can we call NVC and know the reason...?

hi dilbert what's happening at ur end.....

Thankjs
VJ

Just a wierd question (I guess nothing is wierd as far as this process goes...)... Is there a known correlation between PD on the case and how / when it is forwarded by the BCIS to NVC???
Any thoughts? I cant imagine that to be the case, but it seems to be stuck around 3/8. There is a i140 case approved on 3/1/04 (dinz10 in cptracker). Anyone know the status? I havent seen the name around in this forum. Just curious to know if a case yet to be created at NSC or has the record just not been updated.

Thanks,
Dilbert

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by kd1403
all:

To the best of my knowledge there is no correlation between the service centers and NVC as far as CP process is concerned. And like alren mentioned earlier although it may seem logical but it is difficult to forecast a trend that VSC is closer to NVC hence cases are created faster @NVC.

dilbert:

Is there a known correlation between PD on the case and how / when it is forwarded by the BCIS to NVC???

Answer: There is definitely no correlation between PD and when the case if forwarded to NVC.

Status with NVC

Dilbert,

I was in the same staus as you are. My 140 for CP was approved on 20th Feb, 2004. I was frequently checking the status with AVM at NVC, but the AVM status was consistent stating that there was no record of my case.

As per NVC you can call them after 3 weeks if you don't find your case in the system (or) if the AVM is not updated. The following is the link for the same.

http://travel.state.gov/nvc.html

"Why don't you have my case at NVC yet?

When you complete a petition (I-130, I-140, etc.) for an immigrant visa you send it to Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security for approval. If the CIS approves the petition they will send you a Notice of Approval (I-797) and then they will send the petition to NVC. There is a delay between when you get the Notice of Receipt and the Notice of Approval from CIS and also between when you get the Notice of Approval and when NVC receives the petition. After NVC receives the petition, we will create a case record and assign a case number. We recommend that you wait at least three weeks after you get your Notice of Approval before calling NVC if you have not heard from the Center by that time. "

So, after 3 weeks I spoke to an operator at NVC and she informed me that the case was received on 12th March, 2004 but has not been entered into the system. The AVM gets updated only after the case is entered in the system. Five days after I spoke with the operator my case was entered into the system on the 17th March, 2004. You may want to speak with an Operator if you have passed 4 weeks after 140 approval.

BTW, did your attorney get the I-140 approval notice?

I have entered my details in CP Tracker under the name 'jalabalajings'.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks,
DA

Originally posted by dilbert30
Just a wierd question (I guess nothing is wierd as far as this process goes...)... Is there a known correlation between PD on the case and how / when it is forwarded by the BCIS to NVC???
Any thoughts? I cant imagine that to be the case, but it seems to be stuck around 3/8. There is a i140 case approved on 3/1/04 (dinz10 in cptracker). Anyone know the status? I havent seen the name around in this forum. Just curious to know if a case yet to be created at NSC or has the record just not been updated.

Thanks,
Dilbert

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
my attorney got I-140 approval. i got my copy also.its more than 4 weeks over.
so can i call the operator and ask my status whether they received or not.because today also i checked the AVM says no record.
but one of other colleague windflower when he asks the operator they said that wait till 90 days...
what's that mean? is there anything differ with the operators...

can i call NVC now?

I-140 approval 03/08/04
NSC-EB3-RIR

VJ

VJ2002

VJ,

I hope that I have clearly explained what was done with my case. Also, based on the guidelines given by NVC you can call them after 3 weeks but if you want to wait for another couple of weeks that is also fine.

This is based on my experience or you may ask your attorney to contact them.

DA

Hi,
my attorney got I-140 approval. i got my copy also.its more than 4 weeks over.
so can i call the operator and ask my status whether they received or not.because today also i checked the AVM says no record.
but one of other colleague windflower when he asks the operator they said that wait till 90 days...
what's that mean? is there anything differ with the operators...

can i call NVC now?

I-140 approval 03/08/04
NSC-EB3-RIR

VJ

All:

Here is the process: I-140 gets approved. The service center issues 2 approvals to the attorney and 1 to NVC. It normally takes 2-4 weeks for NVC to receive I-140 approval and enter in NVC system. If it has been 6 weeks or more then one can call NVC and ask what the next steps should be ... which generally would be to call USCIS service center and have them resend I-140 approval with cp option to NVC.

Make sure your I-140 approval states that your approval has been sent to NVC, portsmouth!

Yes,

My I-140 approval copy says it sent to Department of State National Visa Center(NVC),32 Rochester Avenue,PortsMouth,NH 03801-2909 on March 8Th.

I i didn't see any one case entered in NVC after March 8th approval from NSC center.

Dilbert and WindFlower are also waiting.

Thanks
VJ

vj:

I would advice you to wait another 2 weeks (not sure what the 90 day rule is) and then talk to an operator @ NVC.

I i didn't see any one case entered in NVC after March 8th approval from NSC center.

Answer: I am sure there are a number of cases created in march-april timeframe @ NVC just that we do not know about it since there a number of folks who are active readers (not contributors like yourself) of this forum and there are many more who do not participate in such forums but are pursuing CP via NVC.

Case recd by NVC

Hi VJ, windflower, kd & others,

I called the NVC a short while ago and got thro to an operator. It turns out that my case has been received on April 8th. It has not been entered into the system. The lady that I spoke to said -Allow 6-8 weeks for the case to be entered etc. I hope (really hope!) its not that long. I saw jalabaljings' case created in about 5 days. Any ideas or thoughts on how long it would be now for a case to be created??

To VJ and windflower - Guys, i think your cases would have also reached NVC by now since your approval date is March 8 and mine is March 9. I hope thats the case.

I am going to update my case in cptracker.

Good luck to all.

Dilbert

Yes,

My I-140 approval copy says it sent to Department of State National Visa Center(NVC),32 Rochester Avenue,PortsMouth,NH 03801-2909 on March 8Th.

Dilbert and WindFlower are also waiting.

Thanks
VJ

Re: Case recd by NVC

I called the NVC a short while ago and got thro to an operator. It turns out that my case has been received on April 8th. It has not been entered into the system. The lady that I spoke to said -Allow 6-8 weeks for the case to be entered etc. I hope (really hope!) its not that long. I saw jalabaljings' case created in about 5 days. Any ideas or thoughts on how long it would be now for a case to be created??

{It is normal for them to quote this frighteningly long time
for the processes.

In reality you can expect them to enter your case in about
a week}

To VJ and windflower - Guys, i think your cases would have also reached NVC by now since your approval date is March 8 and mine is March 9. I hope thats the case.

Good luck to all.

Dilbert

{my response}

Raju

Re: Case recd by NVC

Good luck to all.

Dilbert

Good for you, Dilbert. I tried yesterday. No information in the system. The operator still asked to wait 90 days. I will call again next week.

WF

Good luck Dilbert,
Mine was still saying no record.
may be i will call NVC on monday .
Thanks
VJ

Hi VJ,

Just wondering if you got any news on your case?

Dilbert

Good luck Dilbert,
Mine was still saying no record.
may be i will call NVC on monday .
Thanks
VJ

dilbert, what is your PD? Mine is 10/2002.
I am thinking the possilbility that NVC is processing cases accoring to PD.

WF

WINDFLOWER:

You may wish to confirm with your attorneys that your I-140 is approved for CP and not for 485/ AOS. Coz such mistakes have happened in the past and hence the reason for cases not getting created @NVC.

Dilbert,
No Record till now.
i didn't call them.
mostly i will call them by next week.
KD said that wait another week.so i am waiting.
My PD was 07/2002
what about urs?
Thanks
VJ

WF,

My PD is early June 2002. I had this question too and I posted it in this forum. But kd1403 replied that it is not the case. My case has been received according to the person I spoke to, but has not been created ("no record of your case" message) yet according to the AVM

Good luck
Dilbert

Originally posted by windflower
dilbert, what is your PD? Mine is 10/2002.
I am thinking the possilbility that NVC is processing cases accoring to PD.

WF