NVC/Chennai mail delay - Interview likely in FEB/MARCH

Called Chennai just now and got my date

Also got one e-mail form Chennai just now, says my interview date is Feb 15th.

Good luck and hope everyone makes it this time!!!

interview date

Just contacted Chennai after many many tries. Husband\'s interview date is Feb 6th.

You all were a God sent. Thank you so much. I hope that this will be confirmed by the website postings next week. I pray that everything will work out for everyone. Thank you again & God bless.

Gabbar, PCC

I got my PCC the same day (1/8) since my passport was issued by NY. For my wife\'s, they wanted until 45 days after 1/8. She might not get her PCC in time for the interview. What are the consequences? Also, is there a way to expedite things? Thanks.

Manbird

Are u EB1 or EB2...12th is great news..I hope this gives enough time to do everything..

I did not call last night..I hope to hear the good news on Monday..

Good luck and good job keeping us together...

manbird

CGNY is more efficient than 45 days. Do not worry. First for your wife, which PP office in India for and second when did her appln. reach CGNY?

Congrats!!!!! every one...

I got my date on Feb 27th. Regarding PCC, Eventhough my passport was issued at Chicago they are going to get clearence from Inida. I am following up at RPO , India they just got my telex yestarday.

My family is currently in India , they already applied there. If we have time it is easy to get from RPO at INDIA.

gabbar

She submitted her application on 1/8. Her PP office is Hyderabad.

Would it help if someone goes to the PP office in Hyd.? If so what would they have to do? Thanks.

Also, can you send me a message with your email id. I would like to keep in touch everyone here at least until the end of the process.

Appreciate all your help

send me an e-mail

with your e-mail ID, I will give details to what I know. My e-mail ID can be found in cptracker.com

Interview date : Feb 28 By Phone ---- Discuss about the airline tickets!

Hi

My interview date : 2/28.

Please list the airlines and travel phone numbers.

Planning to leave Feb 15 (Friday) from Boston / Newyork to Chennai.

If you know the cheapest price, please let me know.

Congrats guys.

This is indeed good news. I did not call last night, so will have to wait till Monday. Hopefully there are no more surprises.
I applied for our (my wife and me) PCC on Jan 4th. MY application was received by Chicago on 7th. I am not sure if we will be able to get PCC before we leave for our interview. What are our options? Did anyone ask Chennai if we can go with the application receipt? What can be done to speed this process up?
Gabbar, please email me the details too at
a_vivek@hotmail.com

Different when did you apply for PCC? How do you know they have telexed your info to RPO India?
Thanks a lot.

Congrats to all. My interview is on Feb 27th.

When I called last night, I was told my interview date is on Feb 27th.
When I asked if they received papers from NVC, she told that everything is been taken care and we do have your papers now.
Good luck to all, I hope no more surprises on the interview dates.

gcappl/incy_wincy/manbird

All I wanted to mention was about CGNY PCC as manbird has applied in CGNY. Even though CGNY says 45 days, for my wife, they called after only about 20 days informing me that they are ready to issue PCC (though I have mailed the original PP and am still waiting) my point is even without any expediting, they are quite good and for most cases it wouldnt take the full 45 days as they claim.

So dont worry and if you live near NY, than as soon as you receive the phone call, go personally and colloect.

Good luck !

Mine is in March

Guys,
  I sent a mail yesterday to the consulate informing them of this problem we are facing. I aksed them if I need to send any more documents for obtaining an interview.

They sent a reply back saying that packet 3 is received and they have requested a visa # from washington. They said that my interview will be in march.

Do you think this is a reasonable statement or do you think this is a front desk statement?

Mypacket reached them on Dec 10th unlike some of your packets that reached in oct/early nov.

Do you guys think that my packet sent in dec could be a reason for this delay?

Anyway, thanks for all your help and congrats to those who have an interview.

I will call them on Monday anyways to find out if I have an interview or not. Atleast I know it is just around the corner.

My pcc application reached Chicago on 01/07/02

My RPO is Hyderabad and I sent my details to one of my friends working at RPO and they confirmed me they got my details on friday from Chicago through telex and gave the number also.They are going to complete the procedure as soon as possible.

If you can send somebody to your RPO in India and speed up the process or If you can travel to India two weeks before I am sure you can get it there.

padaiyappa, this seems to be a valid reason.

Sorry to hear this in your case. For most of us who did not make it for Jan, Our visa# were more likely requested around 2nd week of Dec thinking they do have our papers from NVC. Then came the big surprise to most of us. You will surely make it in March.

PRB...

Thanks... I will try to hang out in this thread for a while. March will work better for me in some ways. So that is good...

Do you know if I will need to do anything more like an AC 140 or something like that or can I just wait with this re sent packet 3....

Can you guys post after your experience in Chennai. I am not very much familiar with Chennai, so I will need some advice with medicals. That seems to be an area that concerns me.

Any good pointers as to how many days before I need to leave and where to go for medicals. This info will be helpful to me.

Once again, Acehart, prb, gabbar, different, etc etc... congrats to all of you. Infact, you guys were responsible in decreasing my concersn abt this. I came to know abt this goof up only 27th Dec. I was not following your thread nor any other thread for that matter.
Within a week things started moving... GReat Job Guys !!! Keep up this good work...
Thanks,

padaiyappa

Medical exam can be done at:
Dr. Vijayalakshmi
Padma Nursing Home
753 Poonamalee High road
Kilpauk Chennai - 600 010
Ph: 641-3445; 641-3446
Hours of Operation: 10 AM to 4PM Mon thru Sat.

And its wise to go for medicals 3 or 4 days before the interview. I have seen in some of the posts that some people were asked to do a certain test for 3 consecutive days(if their TB test is positive or something) and only then the Dr. issues the letter. So just to be on the safe side do medicals 4 days before interview.

Hope this helps
Sujatha

Sujatha

Thanks a bunch. All the best for your feb interview. Do you also know if we need to take HEP B.

From what I have heard, they do a x ray and give a mmr and tet shot. Is that right?

Different What number are you referring to?

Did Chicago give you any acknowledgement for your PCC application? How do we prove to the consul officer that we have applied for PCC? I will ask my folks in Chennai to follow up my case at RPO.

Others please post details as follows
Handle *** PCC applied *** Int. Date
gcappl *** 01/07 ***
acehart *** *** 02/15
GC Michigan *** 12/19 ***
santha *** 12/31 *** 02/14
gabbar *** *** 02/19
different *** 01/07 *** 02/27
agun *** ***
gc_crk *** *** 02/13
kudos *** ***
manbird *** 01/08 *** 02/12