Nunc pro tunc interview

annaraka

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

I got an interview notice for my nunc pro tunc asylum aplication, at the Houston asylum office next Tuesday. What should I expect, does anyone know? Has anyone had theirs yet? I know that there were a few people who were in the same position.

annaraka said:
Hey guys,

I got an interview notice for my nunc pro tunc asylum aplication, at the Houston asylum office next Tuesday. What should I expect, does anyone know? Has anyone had theirs yet? I know that there were a few people who were in the same position.

Normally it is just pro forma, meaning that they just ask you some basic biographical questions. It is possible that they will ask you about your recent trip (but the fact that your country is under NATO protection would help explain this away).

Good luck.

Let us know how it goes.

basicly the officer have to re-do the I-589 application.
It was too easy for same people..
annakara you may have to answer the question (a) part (c)..
are you derivative spouse or daugther?
stay strong and you gonna make it

annaraka
When you filed I-589 nunc pro tunc, did you submit I-589 alone and returned or enclosed 3 copies of every document that exists, as I-589 instructions require? Thanks. :)

annaraka said:
Hey guys,

I have a cousin who went through this nunc pro tunc process three months ago. It was a very relaxed conversation actually. The officer did not ask substantive questions about the persecution issue. In fact they spent much of the interview talking about dentistry :D (my cousin is a dental student and the officer's husband is an oral surgeon).

So you should be fine.

anakara

Anakara welcome back! I felt alone while you been absent from the forum.

I have done the BIO, ten fingers, photo, and the index, but no interview yet. I don't why my interview appointment is taking this long.

Please when you go through the interview before you head home post your experience here. Also I am sure that your case will be approved, so please ask the officer if he knows how to go about the greencard application.

Also, there is no person who can predict what the immigration officer will do, so be prepared for everything. Have all your history ready in case they ask...Good luck..............wish the best........

Morning said:
annaraka
When you filed I-589 nunc pro tunc, did you submit I-589 alone and returned or enclosed 3 copies of every document that exists, as I-589 instructions require? Thanks. :)

Thanks you guys, I knew that I can always count on you for answers.

Anyways Morning; no I did not submit any copies of those documents requested on the I-589 sheet. Mine came directly from Nebraska, so I had a laundry list of things that I had to submit to them (like divorce decree, and such) So I ignored the instruction on the I-589 application, because I felt that those were for a person's initial aplication; and since I was a derivative once, I didn't feel it was necessary.
Anyways, it turned out that people here; namely thankful; were right as they didn't ask me for anything else, they just sent my application to the Houston asylum office nad then I received an interview date from Houston. I will keep you guys posted on the developments after the interview.

Thanks again.

faysal said:
Anakara welcome back! I felt alone while you been absent from the forum.

I have done the BIO, ten fingers, photo, and the index, but no interview yet. I don't why my interview appointment is taking this long.

Please when you go through the interview before you head home post your experience here. Also I am sure that your case will be approved, so please ask the officer if he knows how to go about the greencard application.

Also, there is no person who can predict what the immigration officer will do, so be prepared for everything. Have all your history ready in case they ask...Good luck..............wish the best........

Faysal,

I promise I will do that for you and let you know......

jubilee said:
basicly the officer have to re-do the I-589 application.
It was too easy for same people..
annakara you may have to answer the question (a) part (c)..
are you derivative spouse or daugther?
stay strong and you gonna make it

Jubilee, please remind me what question is that; question (a) part (c)?
I was a deriv. daughter....

Thanks.

thankful said:
Normally it is just pro forma, meaning that they just ask you some basic biographical questions. It is possible that they will ask you about your recent trip (but the fact that your country is under NATO protection would help explain this away).

Good luck.

Let us know how it goes.

Thankful,

Tell me everything about how your semester went at Columbia Law!?

annaraka said:
Jubilee, please remind me what question is that; question (a) part (c)?
I was a deriv. daughter....
Thanks.
since you are derivative daughter I think is gonna be easy for you.
the question part (c):after you left the country where you were harmed or fear harm,did you return to that country?

jubilee said:
since you are derivative daughter I think is gonna be easy for you.
the question part (c):after you left the country where you were harmed or fear harm,did you return to that country?

And I sure did return!!!!!

annaraka
Thanks for your response. I ended up sending 11.5 lbs of paper(fully completed I-589) along with a medical statement that I cannot be interviewed under any circumstances. Even though I was derivative on the initial application, I was the one who suffered most harm and still deal with the consequences of what happened to me in the COP. Before I sent the latest I-589, I tried to find out should I send it alone or follow the instructions and submit 3 copies of what not(which I ended up doing). The letter that I received from NSC did not provide any instructions regarding nunc pro tunc filing, which resulted in the insane amount of paperwork. At least, they will not be able to claim that some document is missing! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's what I just got:
Current Status:

On February 6, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

We will see... :rolleyes:

Morning said:
Here's what I just got:
Current Status:

On February 6, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

We will see... :rolleyes:

Morning that is the standard message for all recieved RFEs. I don't know when they will touch your file next time, but that is the crutial part of it, and I have the feeling that they will transfer it to an asylum office. I don't how long it may take before they transfer. Mine when they recieved the RFE and the transfer I think there was about two weeks. Also, Anakara was the same

Good luck and waiting for Anaraka's interview experience. I think she has not got access to internet yet.

faysal
I don't know when they will touch your file next time
Very likely that I would have to bug them over and over again - otherwise nothing's happening. It least it's the pattern I obsereved, so far. I've seen some progress only after I was reminding them about the existance of my case in writing. :mad:
they will transfer it to an asylum office
I guess, it's their standard procedure and it also means that the case is indefinitely stuck in the middle of nowhere and delayed indefinitely, being sent back and forth between NCS and AO, possibly, lost. I don't mean to be pessimistic just decribing my past experience with the INS. And my case in not the worst! :eek:

Morning said:
faysal
I don't know when they will touch your file next time
Very likely that I would have to bug them over and over again - otherwise nothing's happening. It least it's the pattern I obsereved, so far. I've seen some progress only after I was reminding them about the existance of my case in writing. :mad:
they will transfer it to an asylum office
I guess, it's their standard procedure and it also means that the case is indefinitely stuck in the middle of nowhere and delayed indefinitely, being sent back and forth between NCS and AO, possibly, lost. I don't mean to be pessimistic just decribing my past experience with the INS. And my case in not the worst! :eek:

They are actually pretty good with these nunc pro tunc processing. You should be hearing from them shortly.

thankful said:
They are actually pretty good with these nunc pro tunc processing. You should be hearing from them shortly.
How good are they and how shortly I'll be hearing from them? Will they still schedule an intrview if I submitted a medical statement that I cannot be interviewed? Nunc pro tunc processing for annaraka and faysal is not the fastest, to be honest.

Morning said:
How good are they and how shortly I'll be hearing from them? Will they still schedule an intrview if I submitted a medical statement that I cannot be interviewed? Nunc pro tunc processing for annaraka and faysal is not the fastest, to be honest.

Morning and other friends: What happened to our friend Ananankara. I have been waiting for all day that they to read about her experience. Any ideas