NSC / St. Paul ( MN) timeline

brb2 said:
1. You can sue USCIS 120 days after interview if they have not yet made a decision. The current specter bill will remove this clause. Sen. Feingold was unsuccessful in removing this clause from the bill during committee meetings.

2. Veteran's office will have very little effect on naturalization name check clearance by FBI. I suggest you go to the sticky threads and read about a veteran whose officers could not do anything and he finally got his clearance after suing USCIS. From what has been reported on this board, complaining to senators or congresmen had not effect on FBI either.

brb2? Could you copy the link of the sticky thread about the veteran? I'd like to follow his process and see what I can learn from him. At this point, my lawyer does not seem to care and is telling me to just wait?

brb2 said:
1. You can sue USCIS 120 days after interview if they have not yet made a decision. The current specter bill will remove this clause. Sen. Feingold was unsuccessful in removing this clause from the bill during committee meetings.

2. Veteran's office will have very little effect on naturalization name check clearance by FBI. I suggest you go to the sticky threads and read about a veteran whose officers could not do anything and he finally got his clearance after suing USCIS. From what has been reported on this board, complaining to senators or congresmen had not effect on FBI either.

Anyone has the direct telephone number to St Paul/MN USCIS Office?

Oath on 4th May in St Paul

Hello Everyone,
Wanted to share the good news that I received my oath letter today for the oath ceremony on the 4th of May in St Paul at 4pm.

I didn't do anything special except for the inquiries via customer service number twice as well as info pass appointments twice.

Here is my timeline.

Priority June 2nd 2005.
Finger Print: 7/29/05
Interview: 10/26/05
Since then name check pending
Finally Oath Letter on 3/16/06 for May 4th 06 in St Paul.
I had my name corrected (they treat it as Name Change) at the time
of interview.
FOr those who shared their experiences as well as advises, I thank you all.

Good luck to those who are going thru the process.

one2one said:
Hello Everyone,
Wanted to share the good news that I received my oath letter today for the oath ceremony on the 4th of May in St Paul at 4pm.

I didn't do anything special except for the inquiries via customer service number twice as well as info pass appointments twice.

Here is my timeline.

Priority June 2nd 2005.
Finger Print: 7/29/05
Interview: 10/26/05
Since then name check pending
Finally Oath Letter on 3/16/06 for May 4th 06 in St Paul.
I had my name corrected (they treat it as Name Change) at the time
of interview.
FOr those who shared their experiences as well as advises, I thank you all.

Good luck to those who are going thru the process.

Congratulations..that is definitely a load off your back....
:) Still awaiting a response from the St Paul Office, since Dec 05

Update - N400 timeline for Saint Paul (DO)/NSC

01-FEB-2006: Application Mailed(USPS Express)
02-FEB-2006: Application Received
02-FEB-2006: Check Cashed
02-Feb-2006: Priority Date
15-Feb-2006: NOA Date
16-Feb-2006: NOA Mailed
21-Feb-2006: NOA Received
02-Mar-2006: FP Notice Date
03-Mar-2006: FP Notice Mailed
06-Mar-2006: FP Notice Received
17-Mar-2006: FP Appointment at Sioux Falls, SD ASC

Does online status change when oath is scheduled ?

Hi,
Has any one noticed the on-line status being changed on USCIS website, when an Oath is scheduled and letter is sent out ?
Any experiences or observations, please share.
Thanks,
YSU

Online status doesn't change after interview notice

Once the interview notice is sent, online status doesn't change. Not even after the oath letter. My oath letter came from bloomington office. However, I know for a fact that sometimes oath letter are directly from Nebraska center. My sister's (oath on 2/15/06 in minneapolis) letter was from Nebraska.

H2IZZO said:
Had my interview in Dec and waiting for word from USCIS :mad:
Called the National Support Center twice and am thinking of setting up Info Pass Appointment.

Waiting for end of this week to hopefully get some kind of information

Guys,
Looks like I got scheduled for the ceremony on April 19th. Just awaiting confirmation letter from USCIS.
:)

How did you know about the April 19th Schedule for Oath

Hello,
How did you know that you were scheduled for the April 19th Oath Ceremony, as you had mentined that you were awaiting confirmatin ?
Thanks,

Congratulations!
Do post a report on your attendance at the ceremony. You will now have a say in who will be our next Governor:)

H2IZZO said:
Guys,
Looks like I got scheduled for the ceremony on April 19th. Just awaiting confirmation letter from USCIS.
:)

ysu said:
Hello,
How did you know that you were scheduled for the April 19th Oath Ceremony, as you had mentined that you were awaiting confirmatin ?
Thanks,

Got a letter in the mail after calling USCIS for status update

Update - N400 timeline for Saint Paul (DO)/NSC

1. Application Mailed(USPS Express): 01-Mar-2006
2. Application Received : 02-Mar-2006
3. Check Cashed : 06-Mar-2006
4. Priority Date : 02-Mar-2006
5. NOA Date : 08-Mar-2006
6. NOA Mailed : 09-Mar-2006
7. NOA Received : 11-Mar-2006
8. FP Notice Received : 03-Apr-2006
9. FP Notice Mailed : 31-Mar-2006
10. FP Scheduled : 21-Apr-2006

My Oath Scheduled

Hello Friends,
Today I called the National service centre and I was told that I am scheduled for the Oath on Mayo 10 at 8:45AM.
Earlest onMarch 15, I had a Infopass appointment and was told that my background check and everything was clear and am scheduled for an Oath and will receive a notice.
Once I receive a letter in mail I will let all of you know.
All the best to all of you.
Thanks and Regards,
Suresh

Great news Suresh!

Looks like background check's are getting cleared sooner than as was the case in 02-04, and to some extent 05.

ysu said:
Hello Friends,
Today I called the National service centre and I was told that I am scheduled for the Oath on Mayo 10 at 8:45AM.
Earlest onMarch 15, I had a Infopass appointment and was told that my background check and everything was clear and am scheduled for an Oath and will receive a notice.
Once I receive a letter in mail I will let all of you know.
All the best to all of you.
Thanks and Regards,
Suresh

No interview letter...

I had my finger printing done on 17-Mar-2006 at Sioux Falls, SD ASC and still no news on interview letter? Any one from St Paul Do office with me? Any insight would be helpful.

Thx

Timeline for the wife and I

arrived as a student in this country in December'91. We finally applied for citizenship this past year. The interview at the bloomington office was a breeze. Scheduled for an interview at 8 am for self 8.20 am for the wife. Arrived at 7.30 am to go through the security check in.

The interview lasted about 6 minutes for me. Approximately 8 minutes for the wife. The officer had time to take a 10 minute break between our interviews We were heading down the freeway at 8:27. Kinda made us wonder what the hype was all about.

Any how having a clean record, submitting all the documents up front etc helped both us and the officers handling the case.

Mail Date (first attempt) 11/14/05 :(
Mail Date (second attempt) 12/14/05 :mad:
Priority Date 12/16/05
FP Date 02/02/06
ID 04/27/06
Oath June 12, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations aahmad! The hype is if one gets stuck in the black hole called security check. No, it is not about a clean record - just having a name check "hit" with some one similar puts the person's file in a dusty shelf in queue for a human being to go through manually to check if the applicant is not the same as the name check "hit" person.

Anyway, it is all over for you! Do drop an update when you get your oath letter.

aahamad said:
.... Kinda made us wonder what the hype was all about.

Any how having a clean record, submitting all the documents up front etc helped both us and the officers handling the case....

brb2 said:
" No, it is not about a clean record - just having a name check "hit" with some one similar puts the person's file in a dusty shelf in queue for a human being to go through manually to check if the applicant is not the same as the name check "hit" person.".

brb2 just as a clarification. I did not mean to imply that having a clean record is a pre-condition for approval. As you notice our application was sent back to us. We contemplated using an attorney, I am happy things went well for us without the attorney. My wife noticed that we were using the previous N400 form (pre oct'05) and the amount on the check was incorrect

As a point of refrence I applied for a green card in September'95 as EB-2 and many $$$$ and several "hits" or "miss", FP appointments, CIA checks, offerings to minor gods, moons (no pun here) later, our green card was approved in May 2000.

We were pleasantly surprised that the the process was somewhat smooth for the citizenship application. Ofcource we don't have a letter for an oath appt, nor do we have the certificate of citizenship yet. So we will see ...

Did the inteviewing officer give you a written outcome of your citizenship interivew? Did the officer tell you that you are clear?

aahamad said:
brb2 just as a clarification. I did not mean to imply that having a clean record is a pre-condition for approval. As you notice our application was sent back to us. We contemplated using an attorney, I am happy things went well for us without the attorney. My wife noticed that we were using the previous N400 form (pre oct'05) and the amount on the check was incorrect

As a point of refrence I applied for a green card in September'95 as EB-2 and many $$$$ and several "hits" or "miss", FP appointments, CIA checks, offerings to minor gods, moons (no pun here) later, our green card was approved in May 2000.

We were pleasantly surprised that the the process was somewhat smooth for the citizenship application. Ofcource we don't have a letter for an oath appt, nor do we have the certificate of citizenship yet. So we will see ...