NSC - Plastic Tracker

Got the cards!!

Kind of surprised that I got the cards just after a month!! stamped on 09/17 and the cards on 10/23. I had applied for I-485 at California service center. But moved to chicago two years ago. I got it stamped here.

<User>---------<SD>--<SL>--<CC>--<CO>--<CM>--<CR>
Myself-----------09/17--chicago--------10/15---10/19-----10/23
spouse---------- 09/17--chicago--------10/15---10/19-----10/23

Good luck to everyone!

When Should I expect my Plastic Card

Friends,

I got my 485 approved on 18th October'04 and have appointment on 5th November for Passport stamping. Can you guys tell me, when should I expect my plastic card?

Thanks

gc_illusion said:
Friends,

I got my 485 approved on 18th October'04 and have appointment on 5th November for Passport stamping. Can you guys tell me, when should I expect my plastic card?

Thanks

Welcome.
Updated with your infor before your P.S.. You could get some ideas from the attachment.

Good Luck.
:p

Last edited by a moderator:
waiting_2002 said:
Kind of surprised that I got the cards just after a month!! stamped on 09/17 and the cards on 10/23. I had applied for I-485 at California service center. But moved to chicago two years ago. I got it stamped here.

<User>---------<SD>--<SL>--<CC>--<CO>--<CM>--<CR>
Myself-----------09/17--chicago--------10/15---10/19-----10/23
spouse---------- 09/17--chicago--------10/15---10/19-----10/23

Good luck to everyone!

Congratulation.
Thanks! :p

IDreams said:
Welcome.
Updated with your infor before your P.S.. You could get some ideas from the attachment.

Good Luck.
:p

Thanks. Looks like my detailes are already in the excel file. Question - Who sends the platic card, the local INS office or the NSC? IS the waiting time starts from the date on which I stamped my PP or from the approval date?

Thanks again.

Plastic Card? Question

Our GC was approved in Feb' 04 and stamped around 25th Feb '04. Yet to receive the Plastic card, I just sent enquiry to NSC.

Any thoughts? Please share your experiances.

TIA

gc_illusion said:
Thanks. Looks like my detailes are already in the excel file. Question - Who sends the platic card, the local INS office or the NSC? IS the waiting time starts from the date on which I stamped my PP or from the approval date?

Thanks again.

Q: IS the waiting time starts from the date on which I stamped my PP?

A: In the excel file, the waiting time starts from the date which you stamped your PP.

:D

NSCer said:
Our GC was approved in Feb' 04 and stamped around 25th Feb '04. Yet to receive the Plastic card, I just sent enquiry to NSC.

TIA

Updated with your infor.

Thanks. ;)

Did you call the 1-800 number?

NSCer said:

TIA

Did you call the 1-800 number? That might help...

dravisha,
Is the 800 # same as NSC 800 # or ?? Can you post this please.
Do, I just need to provide A# to the operator?

Thanks again.

Got my GC yesterday

Here is the timeline:

AOS approval:3/18/04
Stamping: 6/25/04
Welcome Letter: 10/21/04
GC received: 10/25/04

The ordeal ain't over yet: There was a minor "administrative error" on my GC. I am still debating whether to file I-90 or not. Gurus, any thoughts on this?

Mr. Frustrated said:
Here is the timeline:

AOS approval:3/18/04
Stamping: 6/25/04
Welcome Letter: 10/21/04
GC received: 10/25/04

The ordeal ain't over yet: There was a minor "administrative error" on my GC. I am still debating whether to file I-90 or not. Gurus, any thoughts on this?

Congratulation!
:)

Thanks ;)

It feels great!

Frankly, it is a great feeling knowing that I don't have to rush home everyday just to check the mail for GC anymore. On the other hand, I still have to fix that freakin' misspelling on my card. Well, since the typo was quite minor (they added a middle name initial on the card), for now, I am just gonna hold on to it. I am a little hesitate to file I-90.

NSCer

NSCer said:
dravisha,
Is the 800 # same as NSC 800 # or ?? Can you post this please.
Do, I just need to provide A# to the operator?

Thanks again.

Yes. It's the same number ((800) 375-5283 ). Have your LIN number and A number ready. In our case it worked. It might have been a coincidence, since we had been waiting for 8 months. In any case, you don't lose anything, except about 20 minutes of your time.

Good luck.

Transit visa at Frankfurt - reposting

Hi.

I'll be travelling to India from US, via Frankfurt. I have my Permanent residency stamp on my passport (valid till May, 2005). But have not yet rcvd the plastic card.
Germany consulate website says that, if you have "permanent residency permit", then you do not require visa.
When I called their office, they said that, since I do not have the physical card, I do require Airport transit visa. They indicated that, it'll only take them 5 days to send my passport back. From another Germany consulate office I got a mail saying that "if you have I-551 stamp, you do not require transit visa for Frankfurt"

I am a little confused :-(

Anybody has any experience with it? Do I need to send them a copy of my I-485 approval letter, or the stamp on passport is good enough? When I apply for the Airport transit visa, do I send any thing other than the required documents (as stated in their website)? If you can please share any experience on this, will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

dravisha said:
Yes. It's the same number ((800) 375-5283 ). Have your LIN number and A number ready. In our case it worked. It might have been a coincidence, since we had been waiting for 8 months. In any case, you don't lose anything, except about 20 minutes of your time.

Good luck.

I just call the number 1 800 375-5283 again. The lady who took my call said that I need to wait another 30 days to get some information. First call was on September 23, 2004 and till now I get nothing. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
How come my info missing from the spreadsheet?

Mine used to be on the spreadsheet. Why is it missing?

wait600days AD 4/14/04, Stamp 4/20/04