NSC is totally forgetting about old timers

ronniin
congratulations.

dude40004

see how mail is different for ronniin and you and both are from same service center. So as I always said USCIS all things are incosistents, BS so always its uncertain until you get physical evidence of paper approval or card for any filed application. online, email its system generated and still in US cyber laws are not proper. I know in India email proof is evidence and you can fight over it due to cyber law.

good luck

dice12

Got another email -- hopefully I am green ;)

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On April 30, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

ronniin
congratulations.

dude40004

see how mail is different for ronniin and you and both are from same service center. So as I always said USCIS all things are incosistents, BS so always its uncertain until you get physical evidence of paper approval or card for any filed application. online, email its system generated and still in US cyber laws are not proper. I know in India email proof is evidence and you can fight over it due to cyber law.

good luck

dice12

Congrats ronniin and enjoy your freedom.You approval is giving me some hope that namecheck pending cases are being approved.My case is with an officer from March and hopefully my case will be approved soon...

EB3 ,India,NSC
Labor PD: Feb 2001
I140 AD :Sep 2005
I485,I131,I765 FD:May 2006
FP :July 2006
AC21:Feb 2007
2nd EAD and AP Renewal Apllied Date:Feb 2007.
3rd EAD and AP approved date:03/2008
I140 LUD :11/04/07
I485 Luds:12/28/2006,12/29/2006,
SR1 Luds :06/28/2007,06/29/2007,06/30/2007.
SR1 Request response(06/19/2007 ):It's in Name check
Senator's Office response(10/22/2007): It's in Name check
Sent a letter to Congress man on 11/29/2007:Still in Name check(01/08/2008)
Address Change Lud :01/08/2008
Sent a letter to First lady :Still in Name check(Got response on 02/13/2008)
One more enquiry through Senator's office(02/10/2008):Still in Name check(04/01/2008)
I485 AD ??????

Got another email -- hopefully I am green ;)

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On April 30, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

Congrats!!! Which service center approved your case?

June,
We both old timers finally got it....Congrats to you again ....I have a question. Can you please tell me the Aproval email sequence (like which email you received in what order...like card production ordered Vs. Welcome email etc.) ...and also what date you got the physical approval notice of I-485 and green card ? That will be helpful ..

Dude,

First it was the welcome notice email for all of us. After that it was card production ordered email for all of us. We received our welcome notice in USPS for all of us. Again there were emails. My email said they have mailed the card. And my dependents email said they have mailed the approval notice.

So I am waiting for the card. Going by the last emails...I am waiting to find out if the welcome notice is different from approval notice.

Approval Emails sequence and time periods can be different

Thanks June1506 for sharing the email/Notice experience. Here is mine so far:

I was so skeptical about the inconsistency Nebraska showed in sending different emails.
I got Card Production ordered email on Monday 7 PM..and on Thursday 6 PM (Third day)I got a second email that they have sent the I-485 approval notice . So Now I am much relieved that earlier email was not a glitch and they have actually approved my I-485. So I guess now I am going to get a third "Welcome email " also soon...or I may get the card directly before that...I wil update..however just want to bring into your attention that I have closely followed and seen inconsistencies in the order and time difference between different emails (like Approval email / Card Production Email / Welcoming new permanent resident/receiving approval notice hard copy/receiving actual card)....so if you got any of these things...You are approved...and can start celebrating...Good Luck to all...:)

Peace!!!!

dude40004
EB2 India PD Feb 2001
I140/I485 RD June 2005
I140 approve - Sept 2005:)
Stuck in NC for 28 months:mad:
NC cleared Oct 2007 after a letter to First Lady:)
Dec...USCIS Ran out of Visa:confused:
2 FPs / 4 EADs/3 APs/Numerous SRs and InfoPass later
APril 1st - Current again:rolleyes:
April 28th - Card Production ordered Email:D
Dude,

First it was the welcome notice email for all of us. After that it was card production ordered email for all of us. We received our welcome notice in USPS for all of us. Again there were emails. My email said they have mailed the card. And my dependents email said they have mailed the approval notice.

So I am waiting for the card. Going by the last emails...I am waiting to find out if the welcome notice is different from approval notice.

dude40004

congratulations to you and your family.

once you receive card in the mail. pl. update.

Thanks
dice12
485 AD-??

All

finally its my turn. I am Green....

got approval mail for myself and my wife.

its long and painful journey of 7 yrs over.......................

I am a old timer and it would give hope to all old timers.

system works but its very very slow due to lot of issues.

Forum helped lot and keep it up.

dice12
EB3 India PD-01 (Own labor)
I-485 RD - 2004
CSC > NSC
485 AD - 05/05/08

Congratulations Dice12

Dice12,
What a relief yaar....so I got the card production ordered first email on Monday and got cards in the mail on Saturday. It is fast.
How long you are going to stay with current employer ?
dude40004

congratulations to you and your family.

once you receive card in the mail. pl. update.

Thanks
dice12
485 AD-??

dude40004

let me receive cards and then decide. I already had AC21.

thanks
dice12
I-485 Approved.

Add me to the list. Many of NSC customer service reps are not nice either!! Sometimes I wonder how stupid they think we are to believe their explanations of the delay!!! :rolleyes:

I just can not believe it!!! It looks like no way out of this stupid mess!:mad:

RFE Sent

RFE was sent for our 485's (both mine and the spouse). It was sent yesterday as per USCIS site. Wondering what the RFE could be. Its been nearly three years since we submitted our 485's. Figures crossed. :confused:

Jefkorn,
Thank you for the info although I think it's just a lip-service. Personally, I've contacted them several times. Nothing there. The due date to complete this NC mess was in March then April and the newest memo says till Nov 08. For somebody like me I can not do anything till Nov. 08 other than bothering them with phone calls which will get me nowhere.

:mad:

I Agree...

I just called USCIS . THey started with same crap that look online and then I told them to forward me to IO. She said she was IO and she cannoty say anything. Till the officer looks at my file and updates the status nobody can know or hear anything where its stuck... All you can do is wait was her answer......

I have already filed my 7th EAD. This extended review is killing me.... So much uncertainity.

I have PD of sept 2001.

Is AILA or some one (these big attorney offices) can help to identify:

1. What is the criteria for a case to be under extended review?

2. What are the steps taken to complete the extended review?

3. What are the external agencies they (USCIS) contact for these files? Are the external agancies are same for all cases or change based on the file?

4. Do they really reviewing these cases continuously or periodically?

5. Why can't they respond at least to attorneys as currently under so and so verification? And still go through other 2 or some number or mention the time frame?

6. Why can't USCIS update their status on these cases as "extended review" in stead of "pending"? Only some times we hear as Extended Review and some times IIO's say only pending. This is causing lot of confusion to find the real status of any case.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have million of questions on this one word called "EXTENDED REVIEW". If any one pay me monthly salary I will try to investigate more and release a book :)

Try posting it to Rajiv's upcoming conference on June 5, 2008 at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=279606

3. What are the external agencies they (USCIS) contact for these files? Are the external agancies are same for all cases or change based on the file?

5. Why can't they respond at least to attorneys as currently under so and so verification? And still go through other 2 or some number or mention the time frame?

6. Why can't USCIS update their status on these cases as "extended review" in stead of "pending"? Only some times we hear as Extended Review and some times IIO's say only pending. This is causing lot of confusion to find the real status of any case.

I have million of questions on this one word called "EXTENDED REVIEW". If any one pay me monthly salary I will try to investigate more and release a book :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I believe they don't care at all about "Extended Review" cases.... I too got different responses while talk to IO many times.....

I got responses from different sources in order of....
Congressmen .... "Administration Review", "Extended Review"
Senator........"Security Checks going on"
Ombudsman......"Background checks completed.....Waiting for Visa quota"
1800.... "Extended Namecheck" (hummmmm), "Internal/External security checks"
Service Response......."Waiting for background check results" (after ombudsman letter).....

I have 12 infopass letters, 10 reference numbers for 1800 calls, 10 service responses, 6 letters from congressman, senator and two letters from ombudsman.....

My name check completed back in 2005, submitted code3 fp - 2 times, visa is available since 3 months recently (totally it was (is) available almost 30 months out of 55 months).... totally 10 EADs and 10 APs for me and spouse.... my portfolio has 33 records in USCIS website including H1Bs....

Finally I spent around 25K for immigration purpose.....

Yesterday I got RFE for my EAD......

Last edited by a moderator:
RFE Replied

RFE was sent for our 485's (both mine and the spouse). It was sent yesterday as per USCIS site. Wondering what the RFE could be. Its been nearly three years since we submitted our 485's. Figures crossed. :confused:

We replied to the RFE. The RFE was for the following documents
a.) All H1B approval notice since coming to this country.
b.) H4 notices
c.) EAD copies
d.) Medical's
e.) Job Verification Letter
f.) I-94.

USCIS received our RFE response on 05/30/2008. There has been two soft LUDs since then on 06/02 and 06/03.