NSC is totally forgetting about old timers

I really lost of hope of GC.....

Today I got letter from USCIS OMBUDSMAN office and saying that we can't do second inquiry within 180 days. last inquiry this f*c did in Dec. 2007 and got response that your case is under preadjucation and still I didn't see anything. SO I asked them if my case didn't get processed within couple of months then there will be no VISA and again I have to wait for years. so this month I sent letter to them after frustrating contacting my lawyers, senators, congressman and today I got this BS letter. your office can't do inquiry this is a complete nonsense. So for me still preadjucation is going on??? I don't understand NSC f**c.

dice12
EB3 - PD -01
485 RD DEC.04
AD???
APPLYING FOR 5TH EAD AND AP RENEWAL AND GOING TO COST $1600....

Start thinking about filing WOM. The paper trail that you have collected will no go to waste rather will prove key in proving that you have exhausted all remedies available to you and only avenue left to you was resort to court. let the justice prevail and trust me it will!!

I wonder if this is sign of things to come after Prakash Khatri resigned from Ombudsman's office.

I really lost of hope of GC.....

Today I got letter from USCIS OMBUDSMAN office and saying that we can't do second inquiry within 180 days. last inquiry this f*c did in Dec. 2007 and got response that your case is under preadjucation and still I didn't see anything. SO I asked them if my case didn't get processed within couple of months then there will be no VISA and again I have to wait for years. so this month I sent letter to them after frustrating contacting my lawyers, senators, congressman and today I got this BS letter. your office can't do inquiry this is a complete nonsense. So for me still preadjucation is going on??? I don't understand NSC f**c.

dice12
EB3 - PD -01
485 RD DEC.04
AD???
APPLYING FOR 5TH EAD AND AP RENEWAL AND GOING TO COST $1600....

NSC totally unfair

Today I came to know of a person who got his GC approved last Friday. They applied for I-485 during 'July 07 fiasco' time (as if at other times it works good!!!!) using an approved labor with PD 2001.

Where as I am sitting duck with a PD of Sept 2000 and RD Dec 2004 for no apparent reason. My bad karma...what else to say. NSC's working is worse than a third world country's way of working. Other than WOM I have tried everything else.

See talking about bad luck, Look at me two filing both under extended review ...One with PD 2000 and other 2004

Was finally able to reach a rep who was willing to listen to my request. At first she said that they were asked not to provide any info for the cases but when I shared my case info (filed 3 yrs ago, PD of 2000, hasnt been touched since 4/07) she looked at the info and said that my file is with officer and that I should contact them in 30 to 90 days if I don't hear.
Before I mentioned about my case, she asked me to call after August as the officers are getting bombarded with calls and inquiries..

I also know one case in my company

One girl , she took the labor of EB2 2001, applied 485 in 2007 and got approved within 2007...what a miracle....I am in same situation but stuck since last 3 yers...

Today I came to know of a person who got his GC approved last Friday. They applied for I-485 during 'July 07 fiasco' time (as if at other times it works good!!!!) using an approved labor with PD 2001.

Where as I am sitting duck with a PD of Sept 2000 and RD Dec 2004 for no apparent reason. My bad karma...what else to say. NSC's working is worse than a third world country's way of working. Other than WOM I have tried everything else.

One girl , she took the labor of EB2 2001, applied 485 in 2007 and got approved within 2007...what a miracle....I am in same situation but stuck since last 3 yers...

I had my friend who came to USA in 2000, was not at all interested in applying GC. Finally in mid 2005 , after the company brainwashed him to apply for GC, he did a PERM filing. Got cleared in 1 month. At that time India EB2 was current. Then in July fiasco of 2007 he became current and got approved and got his card in Aug 2007 ! You see.

meanwhile i am browsing multiple immigration forums since Nov.2002

I had my friend who came to USA in 2000, was not at all interested in applying GC. Finally in mid 2005 , after the company brainwashed him to apply for GC, he did a PERM filing. Got cleared in 1 month. At that time India EB2 was current. Then in July fiasco of 2007 he became current and got approved and got his card in Aug 2007 ! You see.

meanwhile i am browsing multiple immigration forums since Nov.2002

It is all luck. Hi Guys, I finally got my welcome notice today. Hope all of you waiting will get soon.

Congratulation!! What time did you get your approval email ?
Is your RD June 15,2006? Pleas share other details RD, PD, ROW, EB? Were you stuck in NC at all?
It is all luck. Hi Guys, I finally got my welcome notice today. Hope all of you waiting will get soon.

dude40004 also got magic emails today :)

Dear Forum,

After long ordeal, finally I received magic emails today at 7 PM PST. I received "Card Production Ordered" email (No welcoming permanent resident email yet..I do not know if I am suppose to receive that or not). So it looks like my I-485 is approved because it says "Card Production ordered". My timelines/dates are listed below. It is a good news for old timers who are stuck at Nebraska. It seems like they are looking into these cases, so do not lose hopes. Plus May Visa bulletin is god , so you have full one good month ahead and I am sure that your processing will finish like mine, if you are those old PDs. Good Luck to All here.
I appreciate the community here. My only unsolicited advice will be that once your I-485 is filed, live like you already received the Greencard and do not wait for anything. I went ahead and bought house etc. / enrolled for Masters and started doing many things after my I-485 was filed. So don't wait for anything and enjoy everyday till your I-485 remains with USCIS. Believe me, it will come one day...but the time you spend waiting will never come back...so enjoy every moment. See Ya...

EB2 India PD Feb 2001 Substitute labor
I-140/I485 concurrently filed at California in June 2005
I-140 aproval - Sept. 2005
4 EADs/2 FPs meanwhile
was stuck in Namecheck for 28 months
NC cleared in Oct 2007 then they ran out of Visa
I485 Approval came today 04/29/2007 once PD became current in starting of April 2007.

Thanks and Good Luck to All :)
June,

That is awsome. Gives me lot of hope...Enjoy Freedom....:D

contrates dude : Question have you ever called to NSC ? Did they tell you if your name is in extended review or so ? What was your last conversation with NSC , if you had any

Dear Forum,

After long ordeal, finally I received magic emails today at 7 PM PST. I received "Card Production Ordered" email (No welcoming permanent resident email yet..I do not know if I am suppose to receive that or not). So it looks like my I-485 is approved because it says "Card Production ordered". My timelines/dates are listed below. It is a good news for old timers who are stuck at Nebraska. It seems like they are looking into these cases, so do not lose hopes. Plus May Visa bulletin is god , so you have full one good month ahead and I am sure that your processing will finish like mine, if you are those old PDs. Good Luck to All here.
I appreciate the community here. My only unsolicited advice will be that once your I-485 is filed, live like you already received the Greencard and do not wait for anything. I went ahead and bought house etc. / enrolled for Masters and started doing many things after my I-485 was filed. So don't wait for anything and enjoy everyday till your I-485 remains with USCIS. Believe me, it will come one day...but the time you spend waiting will never come back...so enjoy every moment. See Ya...

EB2 India PD Feb 2001 Substitute labor
I-140/I485 concurrently filed at California in June 2005
I-140 aproval - Sept. 2005
4 EADs/2 FPs meanwhile
was stuck in Namecheck for 28 months
NC cleared in Oct 2007 then they ran out of Visa
I485 Approval came today 04/29/2007 once PD became current in starting of April 2007.

Thanks and Good Luck to All :)

Punjabi,

I did call NSC everytime when I was eligible to put a Service Request. Usually they are useless and INfoPass is little better (not much better..just a little). However you are suppose to get a good info if NSC escalate your call to an IO which they do not do generally. Keep talking to them and keep describing the hardships you are going through and sometimes Lady on the NSC phone line escalates it to an IO...who really can see your file in current state...Mine was never under an Extended review. It was stuck before for NC, then Visa ran out...then one Infopass in Feb revealed that it was "PreAdjudicated" ...then this just came yesterday....I am waiting for the card and approval notice as Attorney advised before start celebrating (I do not know what does that mean ?:( because on this Forum, generally "Card Production ORderred" means that it is through....let's see....if anybody reading this...do you have any idea how much time it takes to get card in the email ?

Thanks June .....I have a question

June,
We both old timers finally got it....Congrats to you again ....I have a question. Can you please tell me the Aproval email sequence (like which email you received in what order...like card production ordered Vs. Welcome email etc.) ...and also what date you got the physical approval notice of I-485 and greencard ? That will be helpful ..

dude,

Congrats and enjoy.

dude40004

first congratulations to you and your family.

your earlier post you mentioned your Attorney advised hold on for celebration is right bcos USCIS systems, processes and people are all BS thats why we are all victims of it. So until you get approval notice or card I would also suggest hold on for big celebrations.

June1506

pl. reply to last post of dude40004 of what emails you got in sequences.

Thanks
dice12

So, guess the agent was correct. I got my approval emails few mins ago..my NC was never cleared (as far as I know -- last checked in March 2008).
my PD is 2000
EB2 - Sub Labor
RD Aug 2005
No RFEs no nothing...last LUD was 4/2007 and today, got emails for self and spouse.

This forum was really helpful..I really am thankful for all the people who actively participate in discussions and provide suggestions..
Hopefully, everyone gets green soon...

Was finally able to reach a rep who was willing to listen to my request. At first she said that they were asked not to provide any info for the cases but when I shared my case info (filed 3 yrs ago, PD of 2000, hasnt been touched since 4/07) she looked at the info and said that my file is with officer and that I should contact them in 30 to 90 days if I don't hear.
Before I mentioned about my case, she asked me to call after August as the officers are getting bombarded with calls and inquiries..

Ronniin, Congratulations....can you share what emails you received when in what order (like first approval mail/Welcome Mail/Card Production ordered etc. etc.) and if your case was with Nebraska ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got one email so far.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On April 30, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Ronniin, Congratulations....can you share what emails you received when in what order (like first approval mail/Welcome Mail/Card Production ordered etc. etc.) and if your case was with Nebraska ?