NSC is totally forgetting about old timers

let me guess ... i could be way off...all comments welcome

there are couple of dates here:
PD ... priority date of the beneficiary
RD .. Receipt Date of beneficiary's 485
PrD ... latest RD of 485 such that there is almost no unprocessed case with Receipt Date < RD at that UCCIS
VD .. PD as in the latest Visa Bulletin

Case processing has three parts:
1. Automated (like scheduling FP)
2. Temporary Manual Part ... someone temporarily pulls up and updates something ... for example you file an amendment, interfile, etc
3. Long Term Manual Part ... When your case is assigned to someone who will work on *adjudicating* it.

** LUD doesn't change for type (1) processing

a) Your case is assigned to someone if RD > PrD and RD < PrD + x Days (RD <= PrD is already assigned and/or adjudicated as per PrD definition) This may be true even if PD > VD. This is pre-adjudication. (true/false)
b) if (a) is true: and if PD < VD your case is adjudicated else it is preadjudicated.
c) if (a) is false, you are out of luck regardless of PD << VD .. but (d) is good news
d) VD is adjusted by state dept based on # of adjudications. This is the saving factor for (c) and forces USCIS to push "x" up and not just keep pre-adjudicating around PrD.
e) "x" is incremented or decremented based on if enough cases can be approved and (d) is kept in check.

Last edited by a moderator:
Filing a WOM could be an option.

I had made up my mind even after the Feb memo on namecheck that if my case was not approved, I'll file the WOM if my PD and RD are current for 15-20 days.

There's an article on Murthy today that WOM is still an option for delayed cases. You could do research on filing it yourself and save a lot of money. Good luck!

I also tells my friend same thing that I lost hope of GC and ready to go back to India. USCIS is corrupt and total dumb org and no hope for good people.

I contacted several times senators, congressman and lawyers and nothing has happened. initally application was pending for NC and later NC cleared and USCIS saying NC pending cases has been esclated and your case is not esclated and NC memo didn't apply it to you. what a frustating..........

but one thing before going back surely I would do WOM.

dice12
EB3-PD-01
485 RD -2004
would renew 5th EAD

WOM is the medicine to inject up their -$$.

After I wrote my message - got a email - RFE sent for all the members of the family...
OMG, what it can be? WE already got RFE long time ago about the I-94, etc for me and my wife
No they want something for the whole family...
Instead of approval this is what I get after so many years of waiting...

still stuck

PD July 2002
RD Jan2003

EB3
PD current

did an inquiry over the phone in Jan no response even after 60 days. Did another inquiry to expediate and got a reply

"Due to high volume of expediate requests for this type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set while your situation appears seriuos you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need" OK OUR CASE IS PENDING FOR 5 YEARS NOW

We are loosing hope. Please let us know our options

So, here's what I've heard from my congressman's office..

The new rule (180 days) will not help the NC pending cases until May..
All the cases that are being approved now are the ones whose namecheck might've cleared..
Don't know how true that is, the office said they'll send an inquiry to FBI for namecheck and not USCIS (they'd have to wait until May to send the inquiry).

PD July 2002
RD Jan2003

EB3
PD current

did an inquiry over the phone in Jan no response even after 60 days. Did another inquiry to expediate and got a reply

"Due to high volume of expediate requests for this type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set while your situation appears seriuos you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need" OK OUR CASE IS PENDING FOR 5 YEARS NOW

We are loosing hope. Please let us know our options

So, here's what I've heard from my congressman's office..

All the cases that are being approved now are the ones whose namecheck might've cleared.....

So, if one applicant with RD 2007 has name check cleared and another one with RD 2004, the latter person's application won't be approved ( inspite of 180 day memo ). What a bunch of jerks.

All the cases that are being approved now are the ones whose namecheck might've cleared..
(they'd have to wait until May to send the inquiry).
:confused::confused:

According to an inquiry in Jan they told us over the phone that our name check have been cleared

So, if one applicant with RD 2007 has name check cleared and another one with RD 2004, the latter person's application won't be approved ( inspite of 180 day memo ). What a bunch of jerks.
gc mania,
I think your case is pretty similar to mine.
Did you have a chance to talk to IIO lately?

Saw LUDs on I485

I just saw LUDs on I485 (04/14/08 and 04/15/08). I don't know this means something. I called the 800 number and was told my case is waiting for visa.
Any one had LUDs recently? Please post your replies.
thanks
gj
PD Jan 2002
EB3/NSC
RD Jan 2004
will be filing for 5th EAD soon

They sure forgot mine...my case is a classic example

I am EB2 India with PD Feb 2001 Substitute labor and I140/I-485 RD is June 2005. Previously was stuck in Namecheck for 28 months. By the time they cleared the Namecheck (after a long battle and communication with all you can imagine - senators, congressman, committee, Vice President, First Lady ...finally First Lady letter got them and then they cleared by NC within a week....F***ers...because of this NC delay, I could not get GC in last year' quota)...so by Nov 2007 when they cleared my NC...they ran out of Visa....now, since April...this is the first time when they have visa current, my NC is cleared and processing date is current..still no sign of GC yet...made new service request, already had one Infopass...already got harassed and humiliated by few moron service persons sitting at National Customer Center.....meanwhile already had two fingerprintings, 4 EADs, 3 APs and 1 loss of good senior level job which I could have if my GC was there......what can I say...they still like me...to screw me more..... on top of that...they are issuing GCs to people who files in 2007 ....just to tell me later that they ran out of Visa again..and I have to wait till next year.......so I am convinced that Nebraska center is worst and forgot the old timers like me...

I am happy to see approvals and looks like they are totally forgetting about old timers.No one knows what kind of criteria they are following for approving the case.If both the dates are current(RD & PD) and if they are approving based on RD then we have to see old timers approvals.

EB3 ,India,NSC
Labor PD: Feb 2001
I140 AD :Sep 2005
I485,I131,I765 FD:May 2006
FP :July 2006
AC21:Feb 2007
2nd EAD and AP Renewal Apllied Date:Feb 2007.
3rd EAD and AP approved date:03/2008
I140 LUD :11/04/07
I485 Luds:12/28/2006,12/29/2006,
SR1 Luds :06/28/2007,06/29/2007,06/30/2007.
SR1 Request response(06/19/2007 ):It's in Name check
Senator's Office response(10/22/2007): It's in Name check
Contacted NSC through POJ on 12/19/2007:Still in name check
Sent a letter to Congress man on 11/29/2007:Still in Name check(01/08/2008)
Address Change Lud :01/08/2008
Sent a letter to First lady :Still in Name check(Got response on 02/13/2008)
One more enquiry through Senator's office(02/10/2008):Still in name check(04/01/2008)
I485 AD ??????

dude40004

old timers are completely out of this current processing of I-485.
I got so much frustrated when I talked with NSC IO last month, guy told me your case is not esclated bcos this new memo doesn't apply it to you. MY NC cleared last year and was waiting for visa but when visa available this new memo came and killing old timers whose NC is cleared.

what a big frustaration...........

I can't imagine how USCIS system, people and processes are BS.

dice12
EB3 PD-2001
485 RD DEC.2004
CSC>NSC
485 - AD- dont know???

I agree with dice12 ....what worst luck I have....Previously I could not get GC because my NC was pending...now I can not get because it is not pending ....I can not imagine the worst luck I had with my GC.

what the hell is going on with NSC all RD of 2007 getting processed and old timers nothing.............

I always happy to see more approvals but processing should be in order. this is total injustice to old timers.

dice12
EB3 PD-01
485 RD 04
AD-??

I totally agree with you. My 485 is the same as yours in 12/2004. Everyday lots of RD 2007 or 2006 are approved, but we, the old timers are completely ignored. In my observations, only a few old timers in 2004 and some early 2005 got approved. It seems that ratio is 10 to 1.

what the hell is going on with NSC all RD of 2007 getting processed and old timers nothing.............

I always happy to see more approvals but processing should be in order. this is total injustice to old timers.

dice12
EB3 PD-01
485 RD 04
AD-??

Is your name check cleared ?

I totally agree with you. My 485 is the same as yours in 12/2004. Everyday lots of RD 2007 or 2006 are approved, but we, the old timers are completely ignored. In my observations, only a few old timers in 2004 and some early 2005 got approved. It seems that ratio is 10 to 1.