NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

Up until last year most diplomas, if not all, we approved. I have seen RFE's starting last year. You can see what happens if you apply - you can likely send another evaluation that combines work if you get the RFE. The problem is the cost of the lawyer filing the RFE for you and I have heard that RFE's are scrutinized quite closely.

Asking your lawyer is a good idea.

Have you seen any RFE when distance education degrees not recognized by UGC in India. For example a foreign Bachelors degree obtained in India which is not recognized in by UGC but recognized in the foreign country.

Have you seen any RFE when distance education degrees not recognized by UGC in India. For example a foreign Bachelors degree obtained in India which is not recognized in by UGC but recognized in the foreign country.

The key question is, based on such "foreign bachelor", can you seek admission to MS program in US? Are such degrees recognized in India/US for post-graduate studies?

Can you use this degree to get admission into IIM? If not, then you got your answer.

Yes this degree was accepted for admission to an accredited MS program at a State University here in US. The program director of the department offering the course has even provided a letter stating that they have accepted the 4 year foreign bachelors for admission to the Masters program. This indicates that the degree is recognized for post-graduate studies here in the US.

How many days to respond to the RFE.

As part of my RFE, the INS has requested documents for my companies previous years financial documents . My company was aquired and the parent company has none of the past years financial documents . However, we are willing to get my previous companies tax returns from the IRS . However , I can get the transcripts from IRS within 10 days. Getting the actual tax returns takes around 45 days. Did anyone have a similar situation and will transcripts work ? I cannot get the transcripts for all my previous years. Probably, I will be missing 2002.

Can I apply for an extension.

Yes this degree was accepted for admission to an accredited MS program at a State University here in US. The program director of the department offering the course has even provided a letter stating that they have accepted the 4 year foreign bachelors for admission to the Masters program. This indicates that the degree is recognized for post-graduate studies here in the US.

Can you please provide with a copy of letter, please.

recognition

Up until last year when an agency evaluated a non-recognized diploma as equivalent to a US degree I never saw a denial or RFE. Last year was the first time I saw it mentioned in a denial or rfe that the diploma needed to be gvt approved, and I did not too many of them. From what a few lawyers have told me, it was a subjective statement, rather than a regulation. We will know more this year when the H1b's are processed.

My I140 was denied and got letter on 8th March, 2007 (Notice date: 21st February 2007). My case was filed under EB2 category and I had 3 years
degree issue.

I am now planning to file under EB3 using the same labor. Can I file under premium processing for new I140 application? The only advantage is I can extend my H1B for next three years.

Regards,

Hi 2003GC,

What is your educational details? pls post the details.

Please Help

Guys

Here is my situation

First h1b from Company “A” wages $ 31100 valid till 11/07/2002

Second h1b from Company “B” valid from 08/01/2002 till today and the salary was $ 40,000

In my LC the proffered salary was $ 65000

My question is how much should be the net profit of the company for the year 2002 & onwards years

Since the difference between the actual salary and proffered for the year 2002 was $33900
& for the rest of the years was almost $ 25000

My company has an excellent Bank statement as well Business Line Of Credit. Can we submit these documents as well along with I-140?

What is the importance of Professor Letter if submitted along with degree evaluation ?

Can we submit our personal checks with I-485? Since they mentioned# on the back of checks

Guys please help if you know the answer

Hi,

I am in the same boat as most of 3 year degree holders are in. My labor was filed under EB2 and here are the details in ETA - 9089 (Aka. PERM labor application)

H.
4. Education Min required : Masters
4 b. Major Field of Study: Information Systems
5. Training required : No
6. Is experience required in the job offered : No
7. Is there alternate field of study that is acceptable: Yes
7A.If yes, specify major field of study: MIS or Computer applications
8. Is there an alternate combination of education and experience that is acceptable?: Yes
8A. Alternate level of education required : Bachelor's
8C. Years of experience : 5
9. Is foreign education equivalent acceptable? Yes
I have B.Com (3yrs) + 1.5yrs PGD in Management Information Systems from osmania University.

Please look at the bold letters in option 8 above does that makes any difference (alternate combination of education: Yes)

I have the same question as most of them have chances of clearing my I-140 from NSC (Regular processing applied in March' 2007)?

If No what alternative do I have?

My 6th year H1B expires in Dec' 07, should I covert the current I-140 to Premium Processing and see what happens? or Should I wait till I apply for 7th year H1B extension? or Can I apply I-140 as EB3 with the current labor or do I have to apply for another labor under EB3?

And the other wonder from my attorney was that he did not send my 3 year degree for evaluation and with I-140, he sent only my PGD-MISCA(Osmania university) and PGDCA(NIIT) and evaluation done was Bachelor's Degree in Computer Applications.

Need comments, suggestions and help.

Time frame for Nebraska RFE Hardcopy

I got e-mail from CRIS that they have issued me an RFE for my EB1 application on the 26th April this after 9 months. I was wondering how long does it take for the hard copy to reach... !!!

Any ideas on how to get financial statements audited? I believe it costs a tonne of money to do it... any ideas or leads will be appreciated...

Thanks

Please Update My Info

Friends

Please update my info in the tracker

Detail in my signature

My Attroney has filed I-140 online yesterday and its Premium Processing .

Can any body tell me how long I have to wait to get the receipt # for I-1485
& for I-131 as well as for I-765

I have already received filling receipts for I-140 since It was filled on line

Please help if you know the answar

140 filing

does the I-140 always have to be filed at the Nebraska Service Center ?

My lawyer filed I-140 premium directly with the texas service center.. It was NOT filed online, but by mail. when I contacted and questioned, they maintain it can be filed at either place - texas or nebraska. Can someone please confirm if this is correct, I don't want the I-140 petition to be misdirected.

I haven't received the receipt number yet, it has been about one week so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful

does the I-140 always have to be filed at the Nebraska Service Center ?

My lawyer filed I-140 premium directly with the texas service center.. It was NOT filed online, but by mail. when I contacted and questioned, they maintain it can be filed at either place - texas or nebraska. Can someone please confirm if this is correct, I don't want the I-140 petition to be misdirected.

I haven't received the receipt number yet, it has been about one week so far.

Your attroney is wrong . only if you file on line then it goes to taxes otherwise all I-140 goes to NSC . it is upto NSC to send I-140 to taxes or not

I-140 approved after one RFE

My I-140 Finally got approved nearly two months after the RFE.

The RFE was for two things
1. My company was aquired . So they needed the complete merger agreement.
2. My W2 and my previous company tax statements . We had to go to the IRS to get the tax returns for my previous company . The aquiring company didn't have these documents !

It was very nervous experience as I wasnt sure that I could get the tax returns in time. It finally came through and we responded last week. Two days after NSC received the RFE , I got an approval !!

Mine is an OCt 2002 PD. So I have to apply for I-485 . One hole into another .

Good luck guys and hang in there.

Hello,
I received a RFE today. I have no idea what the RFE is about. Hopefully , it will get to my lawyers in couple of days time .

1. What are the chances of denial in I-140. My case is a company buyout case , two levels of aquisitions. Couple of other cases similar to mine got approved. My company is one of the fortune 500 companies. So no finanacial problems. The lawyers are also a top notch firm . I dont know what got goofed up in my case.

2. My I-140 was filed under premium processing. if lawyers send the requested documents , then would the RFE be also processed in premium.

One waits for four freaking years to get the labor approved, does all kind of shit job since you are on H1 and cannot move and now this :(

Lets hope and pray for the best.

regards

i got ERF I-140 might decline:

I-140 might decline:

I got my labor done (Eb-2 RIR) and I applied for I-140.
It was mentioned in the labor application that the position needs Masters plus 3 years experience before joining my current employer.

I have 3 years "full time" experience after my BE and Masters with no experience
My question is it ok to claim experience after my BE? I am under impartation that MS+3 mean you should have 3 years of experience after MS.