NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

how long did it take to reach you?

pranamNY said:
I got RFE, asking for evaluation of degree.

I have a 4 year Bachelor's degree from India, but I was admitted in feb 1991 and completed study in july 1994.So that means 3 years 5 months.And they want new evaluation to proof that i have educational equivalent of bachelor of science in computer engineering from a regionally accredited college or university in the united states.

Is there anyone having same problem :confused:
--------------------------------------

Case RIR - CA - EB3
PD April 15, 2002
I140 April 3, 2006 (NSC)
RFE mailed july 17 06
LUD july 18,2006
LUD july 22 2006

Status I140 :pending
Could you please tell me if the RFE was sent to your lawyers or you? and how long did it take to get the RFE notice from INS? Is there a way I can call and get the details of RFE? My RFE was mailed yesterday i.e. Aug 7.
Thanks man

INS mailed RFE on 17 july. RFE was send to lawyer and according to my Employer, lawyer received it on 2 august.

RFE gurus please help, below is the status update on my I140

I understand that there are different kinds of msgs USCIS puts on different RFEs. How does this msg looks like. Anything serious ?

we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
pururwa said:
I understand that there are different kinds of msgs USCIS puts on different RFEs. How does this msg looks like. Anything serious ?

we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed. If you have questions about the notice, what is required, or if 30 days have passed and you have not received the notice. Please contact the service center where you submitted your application during business hours.

I received the same message.

pranamNY said:
I got RFE, asking for evaluation of degree.

I have a 4 year Bachelor's degree from India, but I was admitted in feb 1991 and completed study in july 1994.So that means 3 years 5 months.And they want new evaluation to proof that i have educational equivalent of bachelor of science in computer engineering from a regionally accredited college or university in the united states.

Is there anyone having same problem :confused:
--------------------------------------

Case RIR - CA - EB3
PD April 15, 2002
I140 April 3, 2006 (NSC)
RFE mailed july 17 06
LUD july 18,2006
LUD july 22 2006

Status I140 :pending

I also got the same RFE & i also have 4 year Bachelor degree from India in CS.My lawyer replied to rfe on July28th & NSC received it on Aug 2nd & 140 was approved on Aug 4th.So, just send the detailed educational evaluation....Good Luck.

RFE, Gurus pls help

I received an RFE email from CIS, haven't got the actual notice yet so don't know what its all about. Sorry for panicking this early but I have serious doubts about my attorneys handling this case well, thats why want some good advice from you guys in advance.

My worries are:
1.) The labor required BS+5 or MS+3. I have worked full time only for 1.5 years after my MS and before joining the current employer. However I worked at my university and at another company part time total for about 4 years (I guess it will be equal to 2 yrs full time), so that gives me 3.5 yrs; But the part time exp was before I completed my Masters. Do you think that would be a problem ? Does the exp have to be after completing masters?
(FYI, The labor was filed under PERM for me as a beneficiary, got approved in Feb 06.)

2.) Also, I was unemployed for two months back in 2001, but I was on proper H1 status and my H1 got transferred easily to the new company without any RFEs at that time, could that cause any issues?

3.) The exp letter provided by one of my previous employers (a very big company in the US) didn't list my job duties. Their HR said they didn't provide job details on the exp letter, thats their usual practice. So, my attorneys suggested that I would get a letter from one of my former colleagues/mentors from that company. I got that letter from my previous colleague on plain paper and submitted it along with the company letter. Do you see any problems there ?

I would really appreciate any help from you guys.
Thanks

cantwait4gc said:
I also got the same RFE & i also have 4 year Bachelor degree from India in CS.My lawyer replied to rfe on July28th & NSC received it on Aug 2nd & 140 was approved on Aug 4th.So, just send the detailed educational evaluation....Good Luck.

Congrats for super fast approval. Can u pls tell me if,u have included education evaluation at the time of submitting 140 appln ?
Did u completed ur studies in full 4 years or u took 3years 10 months as i completed in 3 years 5 months? mine was because university was closed due to some local rites

Any one got "Audited Financials from the Company" RFE?

DId any one get RFE for the Audited Financials from the Company?
Please share the information if any of you got that RFE.

pranamNY said:
Congrats for super fast approval. Can u pls tell me if,u have included education evaluation at the time of submitting 140 appln ?
Did u completed ur studies in full 4 years or u took 3years 10 months as i completed in 3 years 5 months? mine was because university was closed due to some local rites

Thanks.I have included an educational evaluation which just says i have an equivalent US Bachelor degree.But, NSC requested for details of materials evaluated & evaluators qualification.I completed my bachelors in 4 years.

thank u very much
cantwait4gc said:
Thanks.I have included an educational evaluation which just says i have an equivalent US Bachelor degree.But, NSC requested for details of materials evaluated & evaluators qualification.I completed my bachelors in 4 years.

Guys

if my labor has said no degree+5 years or BS with 3 years...will that be an issue. I don't have any degree. just a diploma .

lawyer said --since they already mentioned no degree with 5 years exp. so shud n't be a problem

By the way, I haven't applied I140 yet . waiting for labor approval

any commends

Format of experience certificate

can anyone pls.tell me the Format of experience certificate when filing I140
EB2

Got RFE, Any Idea how long does it take to receive the hard copy?

I received USCIS e-mail saying RFE has been issued On August 11. Guys any idea how long does it take for the Lawyers to receive it.

Thanks,
whatsupwithgc

UnitedNations, Other Gurus

My LC just got approved and I seek your expert opinion on chances of my EB2 I-140 getting approved/denied/RFE'd before I file and what should I do to avoid the last 2 unhappy situations.

Here are my details:

Education : Bach. in Computer Engineering from India - 4 years degree ( total education: 16 years)
Experience: 9 years (6 years before current employer)
Company : about 150-200 employees. Net profit between 1 to 2 million dollars.

My LC was filed in Dec 2003 and my salary at that time was 65K. Out of which I got 50K as W2 salary and 15K as per-diem checks.

I was out of country without pay for 3 months in 2004 resulting in only about 35K in my W2 for that year. I had about 45K in my W2 for 2005. My company provided 1099s for 2005 which show about 14K paid as per-diems.

This year our company switched all salaries to W2 and I now make 75K on W2. My recent paystubs reflect that but I won't have a W2 before EOY to support the new salary.

What do you think my chances are ? do I need an education evaluation?

mine was issued on Aug 8, Lawyers received it today.

whatsupwithgc said:
I received USCIS e-mail saying RFE has been issued On August 11. Guys any idea how long does it take for the Lawyers to receive it.

Thanks,
whatsupwithgc

Finally received the RFE, Officer Code: NSC/CLH EX656

Finally I received the RFE. They have requested:
1.) A2P: company's annual report, 2004 or 2005 tax returns, and my 2005 W-2.
2A.) Univ Exp: They have said that the "Teaching Assistant" job did not have the same job duties as listed on the labor. However that exp was for only 9 months part time.
2B.) For the other part time univ research assistantship, they have said that it wasn't stated on the exp letter if it was part time/ full time. Now since they haven't raised questions about job duties on this one, would it be sufficient to get a letter from the univ stating that it was a part time employment. To my surprise, even if CIS assumed it to be part time, I was meeting the 3 yr exp requirement (since I worked full time at another job for about 20 months + this part time 3 yrs gave me 18 months of full time exp), then why did they even ask to clarify if it was part time /full time.

any suggestions?

any idea about the officer code? Is he good?

Please help.

I140 RFE Notice

My attorney got RFE notice in mail today from NSC center and following is being requested.

1. Evidence to establish you had the financial ability to pay the wage as of Nov. 22, 2005 and continue to have such ability.

2. Complete copy of Petitioner's 2005 Tax return with all Forms W-2 issued to the alien for all employment with the petitioner.

What kind of documents will be needed to satisfy the 1st option. As option 2 asks for Tax returns and W-2 forms. What are my chances of being getting approved.

Thanks

Can part time employment be counted to satisfy EB2 exp. requirement?

I worked at my univ during my Masters as part time research assistant(20hrs/wk). Can it be counted to satisfy EB2 labor requirement?

whitesox12 said:
My attorney got RFE notice in mail today from NSC center and following is being requested.

1. Evidence to establish you had the financial ability to pay the wage as of Nov. 22, 2005 and continue to have such ability.

2. Complete copy of Petitioner's 2005 Tax return with all Forms W-2 issued to the alien for all employment with the petitioner.

What kind of documents will be needed to satisfy the 1st option. As option 2 asks for Tax returns and W-2 forms. What are my chances of being getting approved.

Thanks

what is the criteria of dat Nov 22 and nothing prior to that? Can anyone pls tell me what is the diff in LIN & SRC receipt number ?