NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

got RFE........ Hurreyyyyyyyy

Guys,

I am blessed. I got my RIR labor after 4.5 years and applied I140. Receive RFE... Hurrayyyyyyy....

Did educational evaluation again and replied on july 20. LUD 8/14, 8/15 and 8/16.

Waiting for my denial...........

God bless this system.............

sankat_mochan said:
Guys,

I am blessed. I got my RIR labor after 4.5 years and applied I140. Receive RFE... Hurrayyyyyyy....

Did educational evaluation again and replied on july 20. LUD 8/14, 8/15 and 8/16.

Waiting for my denial...........

God bless this system.............

u mail RFE on 20 July and u got ur first updated after almost 1month.Does it takes this much of time?

My RFE was mailed last week, can u guess how long it will take for USCIS to update. :(

Why ur waiting for denial?

Fellas, finally received RFE, asking to get the evaluation done again and also explain how experience is totalling 60 months.
i have 2 issues here.

i have BA(Hons) from UK , which is consider equivalent to US degree. however its 3 years degree, could that be a probelm??
second my Lawyer messed up dates on labor. he put one company dates on the other company however i do have 5 year experience that can be proven by my H1s dates.

any thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:
4 years degree

guys,
my labor only says Bechelor's , it does not say 3 or 4 years anywhere, would that make thing easier in evaluation??

3 year UK degreee

go0dfella said:
Fellas, finally received RFE, asking to get the evaluation done again and also explain how experience is totalling 60 months.
i have 2 issues here.

i have BA(Hons) from UK , which is consider equivalent to US degree. however its 3 years degree, could that be a probelm??
second my Lawyer messed up dates on labor. he put one company dates on the other company however i do have 5 year experience that can be proven by my H1s dates.

any thoughts

As a rule the 3 year UK degree is considered equivalent to a US bachelor's degree. NOTE: The British set up the Indian higher educaton system when they occupied Britain. The Indian 3 year degree is virtually identical to the UK 3 year degree. That is what makes not considering the 3 year Indian degree equivalent, as a rule, unfair. When I do an evaluation showing the UK 3 year degree equivalent to a US bachelor's degree it is a simple inexpensive evaluation. When I show the Indian 3 year degree equivalent it takes 4 people to do it and has hundreds of pages.

Sheila R Danzig said:
As a rule the 3 year UK degree is considered equivalent to a US bachelor's degree. NOTE: The British set up the Indian higher educaton system when they occupied Britain. The Indian 3 year degree is virtually identical to the UK 3 year degree. That is what makes not considering the 3 year Indian degree equivalent, as a rule, unfair. When I do an evaluation showing the UK 3 year degree equivalent to a US bachelor's degree it is a simple inexpensive evaluation. When I show the Indian 3 year degree equivalent it takes 4 people to do it and has hundreds of pages.
sheila ,
i do believe you try your best in evaluating degree however when it comes to Nebraska center they just don't accept it I had discussion with my lawyer today and he had number of cases denied based on 3 years degree from india. he is even thinking about going to court with other lawyers on that issue. according to him , UK, canada, and Australia seems to be only countries Nebraska is considering 3 years degree equal to US degree, although all these countries come under British education system but still India, pak are sidlined.
i did have evaluation done b4 but i also have masters 1 year diploma which was included when originally i had evaluation done but they want it done again as degree a single source.

again , i think if application goes to Nebraska with 3 years degree from India then there are alams regardless of how good evaluation is .

Education eval--

Hi go0dfella,

According to I140 adjudicating policies that nebraska published a while ago they indicated that they would only consider 4 yr continuous education as BS degree. Or if it is a 3 + 1 then to establish equivalency you need to show the individual break down of each course and associate credits to them to prove as continuous and also a BS equivalent.

So, IMO it will be good if you consult a better evaluator and get this thing done. It looks like at NSC there is very slight room for errors against their policies.

regards

go0dfella said:
i have 2 issues here.

any thoughts

lab_notez said:
Hi go0dfella,

According to I140 adjudicating policies that nebraska published a while ago they indicated that they would only consider 4 yr continuous education as BS degree. Or if it is a 3 + 1 then to establish equivalency you need to show the individual break down of each course and associate credits to them to prove as continuous and also a BS equivalent.

So, IMO it will be good if you consult a better evaluator and get this thing done. It looks like at NSC there is very slight room for errors against their policies.

regards
You are right but on my labor,in column ..is combination of education accepted..NO. which means i have to have signle degree equivalent to US degree. (thats just my thought). as i have also read in these Forums that they will not accept 2 diploma or 3+1 year equivalent to US degree. only edge i have that my degree is from UK and still even from Nevraska i have not heard that they don't consider it equivalent to US degree. but i am not really sure.
thanks for advise on good evaluation. evaluation is done through my lawyer and this person is very well qualified and prefessor in Berkley univeristy.

i am keeping my fingures cross.

All the best....

I wish you all the best...

go0dfella said:
You are right but on my labor,in column ..is combination of education accepted..NO. which means i have to have signle degree equivalent to US degree. (thats just my thought). as i have also read in these Forums that they will not accept 2 diploma or 3+1 year equivalent to US degree. only edge i have that my degree is from UK and still even from Nevraska i have not heard that they don't consider it equivalent to US degree. but i am not really sure.
thanks for advise on good evaluation. evaluation is done through my lawyer and this person is very well qualified and prefessor in Berkley univeristy.

Is there any single degree regulation???

Guys,
Is there any regulation/law that Bachelors means they should have a 4 yr single source degree or is it just NSC's own interpretation? Does anyone know this for sure (about the regulation/law)?

Thanks,

go0dfella said:

Education Requirement

As fas as my understanding goes, The new guideline for minimum education is 16 years for bachelors. singular or not, 3 or 4 years is usually at the discretion of uscis, that discretion is towards positive side when there is an appropriate labor, appropriate experience (same skills), appropriate education (for the skill) and a good company (100+ employees 100+ million). the discretion is usually negative (nebraska) when atleast one of the above mentioned is not appropriate.

But thats how I think about it, and maybe wrong.

btw I am trying to push my 2 yrs bachelors from 1982 (Maths honours) for EB2/EB3 both filed at NSC with NSC receipt numbers. running in my 9th year of H1B.

LaborCleared said:
Guys,
Is there any regulation/law that Bachelors means they should have a 4 yr single source degree or is it just NSC's own interpretation? Does anyone know this for sure (about the regulation/law)?

Thanks,
No. I took 6 years to complete my bachelors after 12 years of school study. (3 years in arts college and 3 years in engg college). However, my first 3 year degree is the minimum requirement for 2nd 3 year BS degree. NSC issued the RFE on my EB2-140. After showing my education pattern, my 140 was approved in EB2, though I did not had single source degree. THe LC requirement is just BS degree and 6 yrs exprience. My LC did not have any wordings like that "combination of education" "equivalaent" ect..

Last edited by a moderator:
according to edu eval norms ---

when you concretely specify that the requirement is B.S then it must be continuous education for 16 years... like 10 + 2 + 4. If your labor say B.S or equivalent then you could consider the degrees without continuous education but, the degrees which are non-accredited/unconventional must be evaluated at credit by credit basis and this should be done by a very experieced edu., evaluator. this should be defended by the strong documentation explaining the qualification.

ghostofindia said:
As fas as my understanding goes, The new guideline for minimum education is 16 years for bachelors. singular or not, 3 or 4 years is usually at the discretion of uscis, that discretion is towards positive side when there is an appropriate labor, appropriate experience (same skills), appropriate education (for the skill) and a good company (100+ employees 100+ million). the discretion is usually negative (nebraska) when atleast one of the above mentioned is not appropriate.

But thats how I think about it, and maybe wrong.

btw I am trying to push my 2 yrs bachelors from 1982 (Maths honours) for EB2/EB3 both filed at NSC with NSC receipt numbers. running in my 9th year of H1B.

waitinginque said:
DId any one get RFE for the Audited Financials from the Company?
Please share the information if any of you got that RFE.

Yes my company also recd similar RFE for past 3 yrs... seems RFE is becoming the way of life and some more stress. My PD is 2003 so they need 2003, 04 & 05. Good they didn't ask for 2006.

My case

Guys,
I have 10+2+3 year degree+2 yr Diploma in computers (I did this diploma at the same time of graduation(Evenign classes)+2 years MBA. Do you guys think that I could be eligible for EB2 on education front. And yes I have more than 5 years of experience in US alone. What is the best option in my case?

Thanks for your inputs.

lab_notez said:
when you concretely specify that the requirement is B.S then it must be continuous education for 16 years... like 10 + 2 + 4. If your labor say B.S or equivalent then you could consider the degrees without continuous education but, the degrees which are non-accredited/unconventional must be evaluated at credit by credit basis and this should be done by a very experieced edu., evaluator. this should be defended by the strong documentation explaining the qualification.

one thing I am not sure where in labor says "number of years of degree = ?? "
I searched and i couldn't find any.,

pranamNY said:
u mail RFE on 20 July and u got ur first updated after almost 1month.Does it takes this much of time?

My RFE was mailed last week, can u guess how long it will take for USCIS to update. :(

Why ur waiting for denial?

It depends who is dealing your case with how bad he got beaten by his/her spouse at home. Who they will take out there stress on.... your 3 yr degree :D

REF for EB2

MY friend got a query for his I140 EB2 case from Nebraska. He has bachelors with 5 yrs of progressive exp. The query is re the exp letters. He can't get the exp letters when filing I 140 ,as the company no longer in business and none of this ex collegues are willing to sign the exp letters. He waited for 5 yrs for his LC and now he is stuck in I140 stage.

Any help from the experts is very much appreciated.

whatsupwithgc said:
I received USCIS e-mail saying RFE has been issued On August 11. Guys any idea how long does it take for the Lawyers to receive it.

Thanks,
whatsupwithgc
it takes five days to two weeks, my RFE took seven working days.

When they say they require Bachelors degree it means it is a 4 year degree.
boston_LC said:
one thing I am not sure where in labor says "number of years of degree = ?? "
I searched and i couldn't find any.,