NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

How much time it takes for I-140 RFE response processing

Hi,

I got the following RFE on August 09th, 2006. Receipt N0: LINXXXXXXXXXX

Code:
1. Evidence to establish you had the financial ability to pay the wage as of Nov. 22, 2005 and continue to have such ability.
2. Complete copy of Petitioner's 2005 Tax return with all Forms W-2 issued to the alien for all employment with the petitioner.

Today got an email from USCIS-CSSO stating:
Code:
Current Status:  

On September 6, 2006, we received your response to our request for 
evidence or information.  However because preliminary processing was 
complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated 
in this message.  You will receive a written decision on this case.  
You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done.  
Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

How long usually it takes to process, is the status email received once done or the decision will be in mail. What are the chances on RFE's. I hope me and everyone out there gets approved.

Labor: 22nd Nov, 2005
Labor Appr: 2nd Feb, 2006
I-140 Applied: April 11th, 2006
I-140 RFE Issued: August 09th, 2006
I-140 RFE Response Received by USCIS: September 06th, 2006

Thanks

bigbang2001 said:
Good for you. At least some breathing space.

Did your receipt number start with SRC or LIN ? I don't expect NSC to do quick processing.

my receipt number starts with SRC and processing center is NSC

dbr said:
My filing date is 7/25/06. Lin 06-221-51***.
I think you will have file number close to it.

My file number SRC 06-214-52*** , Good luck to you. I think you may get the approval this week or next week.

whitesox12 said:
How long usually it takes to process, is the status email received once done or the decision will be in mail. What are the chances on RFE's. I hope me and everyone out there gets approved.

Thanks

Usually you will get the approval notice within 1-2 weeks after the RFE response received status update. If you keep a close eye on the online status LUD will get updated continuosly for 3 days. After the 3rd update, you will get the approval notice. In my case I-140 got approved 2 days after the RFE status update.

When did you send the evidence? I just want to know how long it takes to recv the mail once you provide the evidence.

whitesox12 said:
Hi,

I got the following RFE on August 09th, 2006. Receipt N0: LINXXXXXXXXXX

Code:
1. Evidence to establish you had the financial ability to pay the wage as of Nov. 22, 2005 and continue to have such ability.
2. Complete copy of Petitioner's 2005 Tax return with all Forms W-2 issued to the alien for all employment with the petitioner.

Today got an email from USCIS-CSSO stating:
Code:
Current Status:  

On September 6, 2006, we received your response to our request for 
evidence or information.  However because preliminary processing was 
complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated 
in this message.  You will receive a written decision on this case.  
You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done.  
Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

Thanks

saknia said:
Hi Asha

Can you explain with little more detail on how you replied the RFE. How you substantiated the 3 Yr Diploma+3 Yr Degree to be Equivalent to 4 Years Degree. Did the Evaluator highlighted your experience as well

Thanks

Hi Saknia:

Actually I had to do my evaluation for my admission into Masters Degree here from an organization named AACRAO couple of years ago. My Lawyer submitted the same evaluation as RFE response. Only education is used for evaluation and experience is not included.

They used my (Diploma + 3 years Engineering degree) as 16 years of education and the evaluator highlighted that my education is equivalent to a Bachelor of Engineering degree in United States from any accredited University. The evaluator also mentioned that, I can join my Masters here without any deficiencies. The evaluator also evaluated my engineering % and allocated an equivalent US grade, the grades are as below:

I got a distinction in my Engineering, so I got a grade superior.

Indian Degree U.S Grade

Distinction - Superior (A+)
First Class - Above average (A)
Second class - Average (B)

Good Luck
Asha

3 year degree and the AILA

There was a time when a combination of degrees worked. Just keep the following in mind and have your lawyer review your equivalency requirements for the I140:

At a recent AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) conference they
stated the following about the 3 year bachelor's degree for employment based
immigrant visa purposes:

"For employment-based immigrant visa purposes (aka green card), the U.S.
Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will not equate a three-year
diploma plus a post-baccalaureate diploma as being the equivalent of a U.S.
Bachelor's Degree for either EB-2 or EB-3 classification. Additionally, the
USCIS does not accept a combination of academic background and work
experience as being the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor's Degree for "green
card" purposes"

I got my approval today after sending in the documents for I-140 on September 06.

LC Details

Category: EB3 Country: Pakistan
State: TN
Priority Date: 11/22/2005
LC Approved: 02/08/2006

I-140 Details

Filing date 04/11/2006, Filing center: NSC
RFE Issued 08/09/2006
RFE replied 09/04/2006
RFE status update 09/07/2006
Approval 09/14/2006

Does anyone know when I'll be able to apply for 485 now. Thanks and good luck to all.

whitesox12 said:
I got my approval today after sending in the documents for I-140 on September 06.

LC Details

Category: EB3 Country: Pakistan
State: TN
Priority Date: 11/22/2005
LC Approved: 02/08/2006

I-140 Details

Filing date 04/11/2006, Filing center: NSC
RFE Issued 08/09/2006
RFE replied 09/04/2006
RFE status update 09/07/2006
Approval 09/14/2006

Does anyone know when I'll be able to apply for 485 now. Thanks and good luck to all.
congrats Whitesox12,
what was your RFE about???
i don't think you can file for 1-485 as of now. i think they are working on march 2002 cases but you can check latest visa dates.

Where can I check the visa dates.

March 2002 wow so means my turn will be in next couple of years. Hope they do something to amke it faster.

Thanks

Visa Bulletin

whitesox12 said:

Where can I check the visa dates.

March 2002 wow so means my turn will be in next couple of years. Hope they do something to amke it faster.

Thanks
Here is a link:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3032.html

does anybody know what address the RFE response should be mailed to?

I wanted to confirm what NEBRASKA address the RFE response should be mailed to ?
anybody?

I got a RFE on 09/15/06 and waiting for the letter to arrive in .

My 7th year is ending in January,07 and like to know is it to safe to apply for
8th year ext now instead of waiting for my I-140 approval to come in ?

Thanks in advance.

2nd RFE

Hi Guys,

I have receieved 2nd RFE yesterday. The 1st RFE was about ability to pay and employment status that my lawyer already replied last week. Any ideas what the 2nd would be about ? Any help is appreciated.

I140 - LUD 09/18/2006: RD 02/15/2006

Strategically you should always have H1b cover.
Weigh the possibilty of denial of I-140 and not getting 3 year extension to one year extension.

Always plan for the worst case if you want to stay in this country.

felix821 said:
I got a RFE on 09/15/06 and waiting for the letter to arrive in .

My 7th year is ending in January,07 and like to know is it to safe to apply for
8th year ext now instead of waiting for my I-140 approval to come in ?

Thanks in advance.

Question: I40/RFE

The headoffice of my company is in NY while I work in CA. My labor was filed thru the CA office. My W-2/pay-stubs state company's address as NY's since the pay-roll/headoffice is in NY. Since I have to provide my W-2 in the RFE response for 'A2P', could it cause problems that I work in CA but my pay-check comes from NY? The company was incorporated under the laws of the state of NY.

FYI, this is not a consulting company, I work as full time employee in CA's office.

any comments?