NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

I got a RFE from NSC ONLY asking for my Master's diploma. My attroney sent the copy of my diploma around 10 days ago and today I just checked my status online and it says:

"......we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates."

I would really appreciate if anyone who has same experience could shed me some light of what's going to happen? And, how long it's going to take under recent processing development?

So you saw it on line or got a hard copy??

Thank Subba1974.

Then, a quick question. How did you know your case got approved? Did you get the hard copy on 7/26 or Did you see your status changed on USCIS web site on 7/26?

subba1974 said:
our meesage will change sameday they receive.My experience is if your message changed something like this " We received your response.Howeever preliminery processing is complete.The remaining processing time is less than the specified time"

You will get it decision in 2 weeks.Mostly les than a week.

IF your message is like "This case will take 90 to 180 days" like this.It iwll lake litttle longer.

This is just my guess.

Thanks subba1974.
Online message changed yesterday to"On August 2, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates."

I just saw LUD changed again today to 08/03/06, but no status change.Does this mean they are working on this case?.DO they update the decision online or just send a letter?

Thanks

Changes continously for 3 days, stops and the wait time begins again :)

That's what happened with my RFE on I-485, not sure if this is the same case with I-140 RFE though.

Mahesh

cantwait4gc said:
Thanks subba1974.
Online message changed yesterday to"On August 2, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates."

I just saw LUD changed again today to 08/03/06, but no status change.Does this mean they are working on this case?.DO they update the decision online or just send a letter?

Thanks

LUD changed for 3 days...08/02,08/03 & 08/04.Is this normal?.Can i expect any decision soon?.

I-140 Approved

cantwait4gc said:
LUD changed for 3 days...08/02,08/03 & 08/04.Is this normal?.Can i expect any decision soon?.

I just got 3 e-mails from USCIS.My I-140 approved.Now waiting starts for next step.......

Thank you all for your help..Good luck.

Congrats!

Congrats! What was your RFE on Education Eval ? How did you respond and what was your answers to Combination of Educ and Exp in PERM appln ? Was your Bachelors 3 years or 4 years ?

I am wondering about my 140 as I have three years degree in Bachelors.

Thanks for your help.

cantwait4gc said:
I just got 3 e-mails from USCIS.My I-140 approved.Now waiting starts for next step.......

Thank you all for your help..Good luck.

permhelp2006 said:
Congrats! What was your RFE on Education Eval ? How did you respond and what was your answers to Combination of Educ and Exp in PERM appln ? Was your Bachelors 3 years or 4 years ?

I am wondering about my 140 as I have three years degree in Bachelors.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks.You can find detailed RFE in one of my posts.I have 4 yr bachelor degree from India.

I have 4 yr computer degree from India.We submitted evaluation with 140,but NSC asked for more detail info rather than just summary.So, my lawyer sent supplemetal evaluation explaining material evaluated etc..I hope this helps..

congrats

cantwait4gc said:
Thanks.You can find detailed RFE in one of my posts.I have 4 yr bachelor degree from India.

I have 4 yr computer degree from India.We submitted evaluation with 140,but NSC asked for more detail info rather than just summary.So, my lawyer sent supplemetal evaluation explaining material evaluated etc..I hope this helps..
hey, do you remember what wages your attorney put on I140, I mean if he put yearly wages or weekly. The reason I am asking this because my lawyer put yearly wages while I guess I140 asks about weekly wages.
Thanks

3 Years degree

Thanks Cantwait4gc, I have 3 years bachelors degree in Computer Sc. and Engg. I am worried about my 140 approval. Fingers crossed and hope I get lucky.

cantwait4gc said:

pururwa said:
hey, do you remember what wages your attorney put on I140, I mean if he put yearly wages or weekly. The reason I am asking this because my lawyer put yearly wages while I guess I140 asks about weekly wages.
Thanks

My lawyer put yearly wages on I-140 application.

Thanks man. One more Q

cantwait4gc said:
My lawyer put yearly wages on I-140 application.
hey did your lawyer just put the salary number there like "$XXX.XX" or did he put it like "$XXX.XX/year" ? Thanks man.

Thanks man. Where is the check box though?

cantwait4gc said:
He put $xxxx.xx and checked "year" checkbox.
hey cantwait4gc,
thanks for the msg but I couldn't see the check box anywhere. The wages box is under Part 6 and it specifically says "wages per week". Aint I looking at the right form or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
pururwa said:
hey cantwait4gc,
thanks for the msg but I couldn't see the check box anywhere. The wages box is under Part 6 and it specifically says "wages per week". Aint I looking at the right form or something?

My bad pururwa, He mentioned $xxxxx.xx per yr in "Wages per week" box.

Pls help, got RFE

I got RFE, asking for evaluation of degree.

I have a 4 year Bachelor's degree from India, but I was admitted in feb 1991 and completed study in july 1994.So that means 3 years 5 months.And they want new evaluation to proof that i have educational equivalent of bachelor of science in computer engineering from a regionally accredited college or university in the united states.

Is there anyone having same problem :confused:
--------------------------------------

Case RIR - CA - EB3
PD April 15, 2002
I140 April 3, 2006 (NSC)
RFE mailed july 17 06
LUD july 18,2006
LUD july 22 2006

Status I140 :pending