NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

I-140 Approved

I got an email from USCIS stating that my I-140 has been approved on 2/8. Please refer to my previous postings in this thread about the RFE.

What a great relief !!

Today its my turn to say 140 approved

Hi All,

Today I received my 140 approval notice. The online status is still showing that it is still processing and it would take 150 to 180 days.

The following are the details of my case,

140/485 RD 09/12/2005
140 RFE 10/21/2005 (Asing to convert from EB2 to EB3)
I140 response sent on 01/15/2006.
I140 LUD on 1/18, 1/19, 1/20.
I140 AD 2/07/2006.

Thanks for everyone.

I-140 RFE from NSC

Hello guys,

Here are my Details

Labour RIR Applied :Oct 31st 2003
Approved : Nov 12th 2005
I-140 Eb2 applied : Dec 21st 2005 (Masters from India and 5+ yrs of exp)
I-140 RFE issued : Feb 9th 2006

My RFE query asks for supporting documents to

1) Provide Educational evaluation for my Masters Degree from india being equivalent to US bachelors Degree

2) I had provided one affidavict from my ex coworker for my work experience( 4 + yrs) with my previous employer in US ( since he'd refused to give my Experience letter even after laying me off) and another affidavict (one) for my work experience in India(1 + year). The NSC RFE clearly says "affidavicts cannot be accepted as experience letter documents" and requires a "experience letter provided by my previous employer on his company letter head".

I am not sure if my ex employer would ever give me a experience letter though i have my offer letter/employee verification documents/termination letter and the last paystubs from my ex employer.

I am looking into this forum to see if anybody have ever faced this situation and would like to know

1)If providing multiple affidavicts from more than one ex coworker to NSC would be sufficient in this case

and

2) what are my options/alternatives if my previous employer refuses to give me an employment letter.

I would appreciate all your responses ...thanks

I-140 Rfe

RFE is asking for copy of income tax or financial statements from the company. my laywer is saying as my company has over 1500 employee and given support letter from company's finance admin, we dont need to submit any more evidence for rfe ?

Is that right ? I doubt if it will just end up my case as rejected one ?
Thanks
:confused:
DD2003
Perm Labour Applied 10/27/2005
Perm Approved 11/15/2005
I140 applied 12/20/2005
RFE Recd 02/27/2006

REF-140 How long take to approve ?

hi,
I got REF on Feb 09th and reply on Mar 15th. How long take to approve I140 after reply REF.

thanks
SRS

matter said:
Hello guys,

Here are my Details

Labour RIR Applied :Oct 31st 2003
Approved : Nov 12th 2005
I-140 Eb2 applied : Dec 21st 2005 (Masters from India and 5+ yrs of exp)
I-140 RFE issued : Feb 9th 2006

My RFE query asks for supporting documents to

1) Provide Educational evaluation for my Masters Degree from india being equivalent to US bachelors Degree

2) I had provided one affidavict from my ex coworker for my work experience( 4 + yrs) with my previous employer in US ( since he'd refused to give my Experience letter even after laying me off) and another affidavict (one) for my work experience in India(1 + year). The NSC RFE clearly says "affidavicts cannot be accepted as experience letter documents" and requires a "experience letter provided by my previous employer on his company letter head".

I am not sure if my ex employer would ever give me a experience letter though i have my offer letter/employee verification documents/termination letter and the last paystubs from my ex employer.

I am looking into this forum to see if anybody have ever faced this situation and would like to know

1)If providing multiple affidavicts from more than one ex coworker to NSC would be sufficient in this case

and

2) what are my options/alternatives if my previous employer refuses to give me an employment letter.

I would appreciate all your responses ...thanks

Similar RFE

I got a similar RFE from NSC. They dont want to accept co worker affidavits. And my first employer will not give the experience letter. I would like to know how people responded in this case.

pinkie123 said:
HI Alshine
I am in EB2 Category.
What was the RFE that you were asked for.
I was asked for Experience letters.I had submitted letters from my colleagues but...i guess thay want letters in company letterhead.
How can the company help me in this?
What reference have they asked you.

thanks
Pinkie

richdreams said:
I got a similar RFE from NSC. They dont want to accept co worker affidavits. And my first employer will not give the experience letter. I would like to know how people responded in this case.
Hi richdreams,
Do you have more than 5 years experience excluding the experience from affidavits? If so, as for as I knoe this should not cause any problems at all for I140 EB2 with 4Yr degree.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks.

Employment letter question

My lawyers tailor-made an employment letter that they want my former manager(previous employer) to sign on company letter-head. My former manager sent me a letter on a normal sheet of paper (Signed, Dated and also has his phone no. and title as manager). Is there a possibility that USCIS wouldn't consider this letter as valid (because it isn't on company letterhead).

Thanks,

Employment letter question

I am new to I-140 thread, could somebody please explain to me about employment letter. Recently my PERM was approved with BS+2 years exp (skills included programming and finally the magic words "Any suitable combination of experience and education" It will be EB-3 case.

I have M.S in engg from US, I have 2.5 yrs exp in IT but that large corporation only provided a basic employment letter with job title and salary on the company letter. I have co-worker affidavits with the skills I have used.

Will I be in trouble? I am not sure if that big corporation is going to give me an employment letter with all the skills I have used in that company. Can anyone please provide some input?

Gurus please answer.

Hello Guys ,

I have B.A. (Arts) + M.C.M.( Masters 2years) + 2 years Diploma from Aptech.

My LC got approved recently from DBEC.

In Section 14 it says 4 Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Major Field of study : Computer Science or Engineering or related fields.

Do you Guru's think I will get RFE or denial from NSC for EB3???

I am really having hard time finding answer any help will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

RFE on Experience Letter

I got an RFE on experience Letter. I worked with my former company for 3 years but the company has is not issuing me a experience letter. Please suggest me what are my options and what can I do to overcome this.

I140 Rfe

digitaldaku said:
We got RFE on my I140(NIW) and replied back on Jan 20 2006, after that my LUD was changes on Jan 20,23,24 and after that there is no change in LUD.

Is it normal or something fishy? Also I read some where that usually USICS does name check on I140, is it safe to assume that i might be stuck there..

I am really nervous and in insight thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

:mad:

digitaldaku,

Have you received your I-140 approval yet? If so when.

Thanks,
NS_GCD

I-140 RFE for Advance Degree

I would appreciate any insight or info with the situation below.

I have LC cleared in perm under EB2 from NSC, my 140 is applied here too.

I have received a an RFE for 140 stating as below

1) To establish that the alien is a professional holding advanced degree, you must submit
An official academic record showing that the alien has a u.s. advanced degree(or a foreign equivalent degree); or
An official academic record showing that the alien has a US baccalaurete degree or a foreign equivalent degree, and evidence of in the form of letters from current or former employer showing that the alien has atleast 5 years of progressive post baccalaurete expereince in the speciality.

2)Submit ETA Form 9089 "Application for permanent employment certification" certigfied by the depratment of labor.The ETA Form 9089 must be certified by the DOL prior to the filing of the application.The form filied with the petition has not been certified.

I have an Engineering degree from India in Civil Engineering, and i have experience over 6years(in software), the degree certificates and work experience letters are in order and i had submitted it during both my LC and I-140 filing.
My lawer says this is an easy rfe to reply back and not to worry, but i am and dont know how critical this is. and info/help or sharing similar experiences in this regard is highly appreciated.

BTW the case 's worked by NSC/mhi EX218

Regards

Folks, i am happy to say that after 6 long months my I-140 was approved a week ago. The reason this was delayed is rather strange, there is seal on LS approval in my case it was not legible hence they asked our attorney to resend it again, but according to the new rules INS has to get the LC from DOL and both these government agencies took their own sweet to communicate and get the information, anyways all's well that ends well, now the wait begins :), all the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
new_info_seeker said:
I would appreciate any insight or info with the situation below.

I have LC cleared in perm under EB2 from NSC, my 140 is applied here too.

I have received a an RFE for 140 stating as below

To establish that the alien is a professional holding advanced degree, you must submit
An official academic record showing that the alien has a u.s. advanced degree(or a foreign equivalent degree); or
An official academic record showing that the alien has a US baccalaurete degree or a foreign equivalent degree, and evidence of in the form of letters from current or former employer showing that the alien has atleast 5 years of progressive post baccalaurete expereince in the speciality.

2)Submit ETA Form 9089 "Application for permanent employment certification" certigfied by the depratment of labor.The ETA Form 9089 must be certified by the DOL prior to the filing of the application.The form filied with the petition has not been certified.

I have an Engineering degree from India in Civil Engineering, and i have experience over 6years(in software), the degree certificates and work experience letters are in order and i had submitted it during both my LC and I-140 filing.
Regards

Both the red ones are matching, so I dont think it will be a problem..
All the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
richdreams said:
Do you guys have any update on your RFE?

I don't understand how we could give a reply for an RFE raised on co-worker affidavit? What I mean is if we are unable to get an experience letter from the company and have only a co-worker affidavit what kind of a response would satisfy NSC?

Thanks

Mahendra_t said:
Hello Guys ,

I have B.A. (Arts) + M.C.M.( Masters 2years) + 2 years Diploma from Aptech.

My LC got approved recently from DBEC.

In Section 14 it says 4 Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Major Field of study : Computer Science or Engineering or related fields.

Do you Guru's think I will get RFE or denial from NSC for EB3???

I am really having hard time finding answer any help will be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

That's really a tough questions, you would'nt know untill you apply, it mainly depends on the person evaluating your case at service center, have your degree and exp evaluated as per thier requirement, the evaluater must be one of thier approved entity(you will fond many in these forums, just search for it). All the best.

RFE experience letters

Guys:

On my case. My former employer finally relented and gave me those letters. So I covered my ***. But I consulted a lot of prominent attorneys in this matter and would like to share with you what in my opinion is the the best response to this RFE. "Dont hold me liable, I am not an attorney. This is just an advice and I want to save you a few dollars:"

The good news is that the law is in your favour.

1. Have the affidavits in order. clearly mentioning, address of the employer, hours per week worked, employment dates, and job title & duties. Get a format from one of these boards.

2. Have a self affidavit that says why primary evidence can not be obtained. In case, primary evidence is absent, what secondary evidence is presented.

3. Docuemented good faith efforts to show that effort was made to obtain the primary evidence. The regulation clearly states that the onus is on you to show that these efforts were done and that primary evidence is unobtainable.

4. If you are seeking EB3 based on bachelors + 5 years experience. The word "progressive experience" is very important. You must show progressive experience.

5. Also submit, W-2 and paystubs as secondary evidence. This hedges your risk considerably. This doesnt directly establish evidence that work was done in particular profession but supports the fact that you worked for an XYZ employer.

6. Instead of calling your case adjudicator STUPID, gently draw your adjudicator to notice the following law:

8 CFR 103.2 (b)(2). The pertinent section states:

(2) Submitting secondary evidence and affidavits .

(i) General. The non-existence or other unavailability of required evidence creates a presumption of ineligibility. If a required document, such as a birth or marriage certificate, does not exist or cannot be obtained, an applicant or petitioner must demonstrate this and submit secondary evidence, such as church or school records, pertinent to the facts at issue. If secondary evidence also does not exist or cannot be obtained, the applicant or petitioner must demonstrate the unavailability of both the required document and relevant secondary evidence, and submit two or more affidavits, sworn to or affirmed by persons who are not parties to the petition who have direct personal knowledge of the event and circumstances. Secondary evidence must overcome the unavailability of primary evidence, and affidavits must overcome the unavailability of both primary and secondary evidence.

(ii) Demonstrating that a record is not available . Where a record does not exist, the applicant or petitioner must submit an original written statement on government letterhead establishing this from the relevant government or other authority. The statement must indicate the reason the record does not exist, and indicate whether similar records for the time and place are available. However, a certification from an appropriate foreign government that a document does not exist is not required where the Department of State's Foreign Affairs Manual indicates this type of document generally does not exist. An applicant or petitioner who has not been able to acquire the necessary document or statement from the relevant foreign authority may submit evidence that repeated good faith attempts were made to obtain the required document or statement. However, where the Service finds that such documents or statements are generally available, it may require that the applicant or petitioner submit the required document or statement.

7. This should help you win approval. You can have a reasonable degree of confidence in replying to such RFE. You should win in the end. The adjudicators sending such RFEs are just plain wrong. It seems that USCIS has hired some stupid contractors who do nto know the law.

8. Last but not the least have your attorney mention following citation while responding to an RFE:

Lu-Ann Bakery Shop, Inc. v. Nelson, 705 F. Supp. 7 (D.D.C. 1988).

This can be used to show that courts have approved use of affidavits.

Good luck!