NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

pinkie123

pinkie123 said:
Hi All
I received a RFE for expereince letters.
My officer code is NSC/MLW EX329
Is there anyone else with this officer code?

Hi, I got RFE from the same officer for my EB1-EA. There was no specific points in the RFE letter. What is your category? You may have your current employer to draft an experience letter.

Alshine

HI Alshine
I am in EB2 Category.
What was the RFE that you were asked for.
I was asked for Experience letters.I had submitted letters from my colleagues but...i guess thay want letters in company letterhead.
How can the company help me in this?
What reference have they asked you.

thanks
Pinkie

pinkie,

There were no specific requirements in the RFE letter. It says that my original submission is not sufficient. The attachment coming with the letter listed all the 10 standards for EB1-EA classification. I just re-wrote the personal statement, included one more reference letter and updated publication citation list. I just sent the packet to NSC a few days ago and am now waiting for the decision.

Alshine

Hello Gurus

I got RFE in I140. I have 3 years bachelors and one year diploma. MY LC (Not sub labor, it is my own) has following details:

Under 14th column
College degree required (specify) section: - Bachelors * (asterisk
mark is mentioned)

Under 15th column- Other special requirements: (started with this
mark) * Bachelor's may be substituted with three years of academic
studies towards Bachelor's degree plus three additional years of work
experience.

MY QUERY AS FOLLOWS:
2. The Service acknowledges the beneficiary’s educational credentials and the submitted educational evaluation. However, the submitted evidence is insufficient to demonstrate the beneficiary’s flulfillment of the educational requirements found within blocks 14 and 15 of the ETA-750, Part A. Specifically, Part 14 indicates the prospective employee must possess a US. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, business administration, engineering, mathematics, or conunerce.
The verbiage Bachelor’s degree or equivalent” is interpreted by the Service to mean an U.S. Bachelor’s degree or a single-source, foreign degree that is equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree. Unlike H-i B criterion, the aforementioned verbiage does NOT include a combination of education, training and experience that has been found to be equivalent to a US - baccalaureate degree
Please submit evidence that the beneficiary possesses, at a minimum, a United States Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, business administration, engineering, mathematics, or commerce, OR, a single-source, foreign degree that is equivalent to a United States baccalaureate degree.

will you guys advice me what to do? I appreciate your help.

I-140 LUD changed twice

My attorney replied to RFE on 12/22. First LUD changed on 12/23 with the "documents recieved blah...blah..
Second LUD changed on 12/27 but with no message changed.

I-1485 LUD didn't change so far (Still says 11/29)

Looking at old postings, if LUD changes only on 140 and not on 485 is a good sign.

What do you say guys?

-- Chicago-case

Chicago-case said:
My lawyer got an REF from Nebraska asking to justify my experience to prove that I qualify for EB2.
I have been working with my current company since 4 years. My experience before I joined this comapny is kind of mixed up with part time and full time jobs(4 year B.Tech + 4 years full time job + 3 years part time while attending the college).

ANy ideas on how to proceed with such RFE?

Is it possible to convert Eb2 to Eb3 in worst case scenario.

Iam kind of 50% out of my hopes due to this RFE. Your advice and suggession is much apreciated.

Thanks!
Chicago-case

Last edited by a moderator:
question

Gurus,

It may not be right thread to post, but I really need advice from you guys.

I have just received my labor approval and would like to file I-140. My lawyer was asking for experience letter from my previous employement. I have got most of them but one. That company is not exist anymore. I believe we can get an affidivit or something like that. Could any of you give me more information on that. My lawyer is not giving me any options yet. If there is another solution, may be i'll talk to my lawyer and do accordingly.

Please advise me with other options.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks, Mjee.

Hi Mjee,

If you know of any ex-employee's of that company or any HR guy, they can issue a letter saying that u worked for that XXXX company and that he/she was your colleague. Taking 2-3 affidavits might be helpful.

Hope it helps.

Thanks bunny01.

I'll do the same. I did talk to my lawyer today and he seems to okey with the idea of Affidavits. I'll post updates.

Mjee

bunny01 said:
Hi Mjee,

If you know of any ex-employee's of that company or any HR guy, they can issue a letter saying that u worked for that XXXX company and that he/she was your colleague. Taking 2-3 affidavits might be helpful.

Hope it helps.

LUD Changes

Chicago-case,

I have seen LUD change twice every time there was any change. First, on the day of any update, this case for you on 12/23 with change in message and again on next business day which is 12/27 but with no message change. So don't worry about it.

I had similar RFE as you, my attorney sent my experience information and education details for evaluation and send the paper work to USCIS. But in my case I had 5 years of full time experience. FYI, mine was labor substitue. The USCIS receieved my paperwork on 12/06 and approved on 1/10. Good luck.

Chicago-case said:
punjabi007..., No news YET... NO LUDs after 12/27. STILL WAITING.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys and Gals,

Pls. visit this website http://www.immigrationvoice.org/

This site is working on RETROGESSION ISSUES.

They are planning to :

---- HIRE a LOBBYING FIRM for this issue
---- Februaury is gonna be month for IMmigration bills and so they are maximizing their efforts to get some relief on this issue
---- ALSO working on BACKLOG REDUCTION issues
---- NEED $ 100 K to hire a lobbying firm....They have collected $ 12 K till now.

Pls. support them and contribute them for their cause.

Remember , we won't be able to apply 485 unless retrogession issue is resolved......and getting EAD would take lot of years...Also our spouses would be stuck at home without any jobs............

h1b2ndterm.....,
Thankyou buddy and congratulations on your approval. Hopefully my I-140 gets approved soon. Iam going to my home country for a visit at the end of this month. I have already cancelled my tickets last month because of this RFE. I have taken an appointment at the consulate for H1B restamping as a backup option. :)

h1b2ndterm said:
Chicago-case,

I have seen LUD change twice every time there was any change. First, on the day of any update, this case for you on 12/23 with change in message and again on next business day which is 12/27 but with no message change. So don't worry about it.

I had similar RFE as you, my attorney sent my experience information and education details for evaluation and send the paper work to USCIS. But in my case I had 5 years of full time experience. FYI, mine was labor substitue. The USCIS receieved my paperwork on 12/06 and approved on 1/10. Good luck.

Hi H1b2ndterm
Congrats on ur approval.
Could I please know the officer code.My officer is NSC/MLW EX329
I got an RFE for experience letter and my lawyer replied on 12th Jan.
But the LUD has not changed so far.
How many days does it usually take for the USCIS to approve I140 after receiving the RFE?

Thanks

Hi H1b2ndterm
Congrats on ur approval.
How many days does it usually take for the USCIS to approve I140 after receiving the RFE?

And Ashline...any update on ur case.I am asking since the officer code in both our cases is the same.
Thanks

3 year degree

Gc Pain said:
I got RFE in I140. I have 3 years bachelors and one year diploma. MY LC (Not sub labor, it is my own) has following details:

Under 14th column
College degree required (specify) section: - Bachelors * (asterisk
mark is mentioned)

Under 15th column- Other special requirements: (started with this
mark) * Bachelor's may be substituted with three years of academic
studies towards Bachelor's degree plus three additional years of work
experience.

MY QUERY AS FOLLOWS:
2. The Service acknowledges the beneficiary’s educational credentials and the submitted educational evaluation. However, the submitted evidence is insufficient to demonstrate the beneficiary’s flulfillment of the educational requirements found within blocks 14 and 15 of the ETA-750, Part A. Specifically, Part 14 indicates the prospective employee must possess a US. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, business administration, engineering, mathematics, or conunerce.
The verbiage Bachelor’s degree or equivalent” is interpreted by the Service to mean an U.S. Bachelor’s degree or a single-source, foreign degree that is equivalent to a U.S. baccalaureate degree. Unlike H-i B criterion, the aforementioned verbiage does NOT include a combination of education, training and experience that has been found to be equivalent to a US - baccalaureate degree
Please submit evidence that the beneficiary possesses, at a minimum, a United States Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, business administration, engineering, mathematics, or commerce, OR, a single-source, foreign degree that is equivalent to a United States baccalaureate degree.

will you guys advice me what to do? I appreciate your help.

See an article that I co-wrote -along with a sample evaluation and expert opinion letter regarding the three year degree being equivalent to a US bachelor's degree. www.3yearDegree.com
I will be happy to talk to anyone about their three year degree and review the mark sheets at no charge. Contact information is on the website.
-Sheila Danzig

Great article

Though I don't fall under a 3-year degree category..., its a very good article with incredible facts and a valuable argument.

Sheila Danzig said:
See an article that I co-wrote -along with a sample evaluation and expert opinion letter regarding the three year degree being equivalent to a US bachelor's degree. www.3yearDegree.com
I will be happy to talk to anyone about their three year degree and review the mark sheets at no charge. Contact information is on the website.
-Sheila Danzig

Pinkie123

pinkie123 said:
Hi H1b2ndterm
Congrats on ur approval.

And Ashline...any update on ur case.I am asking since the officer code in both our cases is the same.
Thanks

Hi, Pinkie123,

I replied to RFE on 12/12 and got the approval notice (email) on 12/22. The approval letter arrived on 1/5/06.

Alshine

Need Help!

We got RFE on my I140(NIW) and replied back on Jan 20 2006, after that my LUD was changes on Jan 20,23,24 and after that there is no change in LUD.

Is it normal or something fishy? Also I read some where that usually USICS does name check on I140, is it safe to assume that i might be stuck there..

I am really nervous and in insight thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

:mad: