NSC I-140 RFE Experiances

I AGREE!!!!!!!! YES IT CAN ONLY COME WITH GOD' GRACE.......

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I140 RD-07/15/2005---ND-07/22/2005---AD-08/24/2005

desi_boy_usa said:
Hi Guys,

My I140 approved yesterday. I thouhgt it was going to be never ending journy but by gods grace and support/advices from all of you, approved in 39 days or so. Please see my deatils below and let me know if you have any questions.

I wish you all share the same news very soon.

Thanks
DBU.

NO UPDATE ON MY I-140?? ANY COMMENT?

I'm new to this thread. But have a question. I applied my GC on Mar 2004 on EB2 and got RFE on 485 (Mar 2005) and LUD also changed. But the strange part to me was there is no update so far on my I-140.

I applied 140 and 485 concurrently at NSC on March 2004. On Aug12th 2005 I went for Biometric code2. But still no update on my I-140.

Does any have any clue in this kind of situation. Please help me with your opinion and comments.

Thanks

[140 --> Attorney Certified CP] vs [140/485 concurrent] vs [140/485 separate] for EB2

[140 --> Attorney Certified CP] vs [140/485 concurrent] vs [140/485 separate] for EB2 from NSC (Nebraska)

Gurus, please comment on the following assumptions / hypothesis. Your comments will help those of us obtaining labor certifications and getting ready to file 140. Thanks in advance.

After labor certification, EB2 cases under Nebraska Service Center:

1. 140 --> Attorney Certified CP:
Best Case : 1 month for 140 and 2 months for AC CP, Total 3 months.
Average Case : 3 months for 140 and 3 months for AC CP, Total 6 months.
Worst Case : 1 year for 140 and 3 months for AC CP, 15 months.

Risks: Before filing of CP retrogression could occur. Visas could become unavaible.
Advantages: Faster GC. Delays are more deterministic. Even if retrogression occurs for EB 2, new approvals from Dallas BEC are from late 2002 or early 2003. Unlikely retrogression will go back untill then.

2. 140/485 Concurrent or 140/485 Separate:
Best Case : 6 months for GC
Average Case : 18 months for GC
Worst Case : 36 months for GC.

Risks: Could take 3 years
Advantages: If filed concurrent, could avoid the bad effects of retrogression. If NSC really iplements 180 day approval, it will be great. Looks like for new filings this seems to be a possibility.

Any problems with the job requirements for EB2.

Guys.

New to this forum. My lawyer has agreed to let me use an approved EB2 before the retrogression goes to 1999 in October.

The job requirements says:

Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or related technical field, plus six months experience in job offered or six months work experience or minimum of semester long or equivalent school project experience in designing, implementing and testing computer software; and designing and implementing software utilizing C or C++ programming language. Experience may be gained concurrently.

Do you guys see any problem with this - I am trying to avoid any RFEs which seem so common with the NSC?

bunny01 said:
Guys,

After nearly 3 weeks, my LUD changed twice in a row again!!! what's happening? any ideas......

Bunny,

If the LUD changes on 140 alone then you may be looking at a positive reply. Please let us know the status.

I just checked online and UNFORTUNATELY both my 140 and 485 LUD's changed (for me and my wife as well)...... not sure what options I'm left with... Will be entering 9th yr of H1 next month......

very confused. should i go ahead and get hold of 2003 EB3 pre-approved labor which is available under VSC or apply fresh labor under PERM?

Looking for good attorney

I am looking for some good attorney to file my I-140 (labor substitution). Can any of you suggest me some good attorney/law firm.

Stock trades in tax return

I have traded stocks whilte in H1B and they reported in my fed tax returns for the past 4 years. Will this be a problem in getting I 140/ 485 approvals?

No. It should not be an issue. During the boom time, a lot of immigrants traded and lost/gained money in stocks. Also, in our 401(K)s money is invested in stocks/mutual funds.

So, in my opinion, there should not be any problems.

tellshiva said:
I have traded stocks whilte in H1B and they reported in my fed tax returns for the past 4 years. Will this be a problem in getting I 140/ 485 approvals?

Just got an email fron USCIS about a RFE being issued for my case. Hope that its for a minor issue. Lawyer has not yet received the notice. How does NSC send the notice. By regular mail?

LUD changed on I-140 and 485

HI,

I just now checked status on my case, Replied to RFE this month and its showing LUD changed today on 10/19/05 for my I-140 and I-485. However the message did not changed.

It still sayes we received the response for the RFE..

Getting Nightmaresss... hooooo... scaryyyy... Halloweennnnnnnnn...

dcmetro22042 said:
Just got an email fron USCIS about a RFE being issued for my case. Hope that its for a minor issue. Lawyer has not yet received the notice. How does NSC send the notice. By regular mail?
Guess what? Yes, they send you (actually your attorney) the RFE by regular mail! Gee, we paid so much money to USCIS for processing of our cases and they can't even afford a USPS Priority Mail!

kukuchaku said:
HI,

I just now checked status on my case, Replied to RFE this month and its showing LUD changed today on 10/19/05 for my I-140 and I-485. However the message did not changed.

It still sayes we received the response for the RFE..

Getting Nightmaresss... hooooo... scaryyyy... Halloweennnnnnnnn...
I just read from another post that if LUD for both of your 140 and 485 has been changed and you don't get an updated online message within a week, then most likely the case was denied. I'm not trying to scare you; just want you to be prepared, so that if it really happened you could act quickly to do something about it. --Good luck!!!

I-140 & I-485 LUD change

What are my choices here? If I appeal the I-140 denial can I still work on EAD? How much time it takes for the decision on appeal?

If my employer decides not to appeal do I have to leave the country immidiatly? My other labor application is pending for more than now 1 year. Is that qualifies me for extension or any other type of visa? I am working on EAD and not H1 right now so I guess H1 extension is out of question.......

Any suggestions tips ??

Thanks

It's possiable for negative. Post all details. when ur h1 expred? how long in this h1? some way u have to find a solution for it.

Act Fast....................

kukuchaku said:
What are my choices here? If I appeal the I-140 denial can I still work on EAD? How much time it takes for the decision on appeal?

If my employer decides not to appeal do I have to leave the country immidiatly? My other labor application is pending for more than now 1 year. Is that qualifies me for extension or any other type of visa? I am working on EAD and not H1 right now so I guess H1 extension is out of question.......

Any suggestions tips ??

Thanks

Details

Hi,

I worked on h1 for 6 yrs. It expired last year feb 2004. Since then working on EAD. Labor is pending under RIR in backlog reduction center for past 1 year.

So don't see any way out of this..

Thanks

You're already on EAD? That's bad. During your appeal, I believe you can continue to use your EAD. But if the appeal was finally denied, then the clock for your illegal stay would start to click from the day when the original 140 was denied, not when the appeal was denied. Since the appeal usually drags quite long, so if it was denied at last, you would certainly be out of status for more than 180 days and thus would be barred from re-entering US for many years (at least 3 I guess). On the other question, if your employer decided not to appeal, yeah I believe you would have to leave right away because you wouldn't have any legal status to stay. Don't know if the other labor will be able to keep you here or not. Not familiar with that issue, but chances are it won't help.

Looks like you can only hope for the best at this time that it's not a denial...

Working on EAD, Pending labor for 1 yr

HI Madison.

You are correct. My employer is very good and wants me badly.. and there are less chances he might not want to appeal. However I am tired of this and want be aar ya paar..

I will wait till I get a letter from USCIS

Thanks for your reply..

Regards,

USCIS mailed out a RFE for my EB2 140. No web updates on my lawyer's website regarding its receipt. Corporate lawyers and therefore cannot get in touch with them directly..have to go thru HR. The silence of what the RFE is for..is killing me. My 6th yr ends on dec 15th and just got an approval for 7th yr extension.

On a side note, do you think that USCIS waits for a reply on RFE before they even approve the EAD/AP since my case was filed concurrently?

Last edited by a moderator: