Nsc-eb1?

To me EB1-EA is most difficult to get!!! still i see good scope for MTR

niw_2004 said:
1. membership. they need specific mention of membership eligibility.
I am not sure abt MTR...........had this would have been RFE i would have suggested getting letters from memebrship authority stating why this is so special............and if you have already done this....MTR has a point

2. Judge. they said it is a retuine and has not established that his level of participation in the industry-wode peer review process exceeds that of other scientist.
It is not routine if you have submitted letters from editors stating that you have got this to review because you are an expert in this area. Even if you are postdoc ...........its not routine. Good basis for MTR appeal!!!

3. original scientific work.
The evidence established that the petitoiner has made orininal science contributions, and has acquired a degree of international recognition as an outstanding researer. several letters of support indicate that the petitioner's contributions have been significant, which we do not question. However, this appears to be a vital and growing field of research, and taken as a whole, the evidence on record is not sufficient to establish that the petitioner's impact and influence in the field is of major significance.

try catching words from letters which says there is no alternative to your contributions

4. authorship.
post doc, publication is "expected". only a few cites are not enough. These papers are published within three years, how can I get extensively citation?

If you see webscience/ISI sites it clearly mentions taht it may take years fot citations to apprear for certain journals. Such statements can be used to expalin that even though work is important and published why it had low citations.

also if you have leter stating that you were excellent post doc ...it will help!!

5. criticla role.

Similarly, the record does not demonstrate that the petitioner occupies a senior position within the organization, or has been responsible for the organization's success or standing, to a dgree consistent with the meaning of "leading or critical role".

well......................seniors don't come forward for this category.........it skind of funnt for them to argue......if they say its about leadinf role....may be your achivements and its uniquness can prove your leadership!!

thank you eb1doc.

Can I ask you some basic questions?

I read some AAO decisions for EB1-EA and I feel frustrated since less than 1 out 10 were approved by appeal. Should I give a try or just file a new one with similar materials? I am not sure which way is better. Can I submit a new case while my AAO decision is pending? By appealing, I can keep the priority date of my old EA case if it is approved but it may take longer time than a new case since now the processing speed is super fast.

During appeal, should I argue one by one according to the criteria or just in a whole paragraph?

thanks you eb1doc! some more information

thanks you eb1doc!
niw_2004 said:
1. membership. they need specific mention of membership eligibility.

I did get a letter from one professor who state the standards is high and need to be someone with outstanding achievments.

what is the difference between appeal or appeal to MTR?

2. Judge. they said it is a retuine and has not established that his level of participation in the industry-wode peer review process exceeds that of other scientist.

I submitted a letter from an editor stating that some requirements. I do not know why they did not mention anything about the letter.

3. original scientific work.
The evidence established that the petitoiner has made orininal science contributions, and has acquired a degree of international recognition as an outstanding researer. several letters of support indicate that the petitioner's contributions have been significant, which we do not question. However, this appears to be a vital and growing field of research, and taken as a whole, the evidence on record is not sufficient to establish that the petitioner's impact and influence in the field is of major significance.

In the RFE, they asked for industry letters, then I submitted three letters from big US companies. then something like "vital and growing field of research" appeared. How can I argue this one?

4. authorship.
post doc, publication is "expected". only a few cites are not enough. These papers are published within three years, how can I get extensively citation?

5. criticla role.

Similarly, the record does not demonstrate that the petitioner occupies a senior position within the organization, or has been responsible for the organization's success or standing, to a dgree consistent with the meaning of "leading or critical role"

I thought this one should be no problem since they stated in the RFE that the letters of support confirmed this. And need some more letters from outside. I submitted some letters from outside. I think I will ask my advisor to write a new one.

niw_2004 said:
Can I ask you some basic questions?

I read some AAO decisions for EB1-EA and I feel frustrated since less than 1 out 10 were approved by appeal. Should I give a try or just file a new one with similar materials? I am not sure which way is better. Can I submit a new case while my AAO decision is pending? By appealing, I can keep the priority date of my old EA case if it is approved but it may take longer time than a new case since now the processing speed is super fast.

During appeal, should I argue one by one according to the criteria or just in a whole paragraph?

hi! There is always hope when you beleive there is! Your case for motion to reopen your case look alright to me. Anyway while you apply for appeal you can also refile case as totally independent NIW/Eb1-OR and its quite likely that you will it approved fast.....................Please read posts by graduation2003 who had NIW approved while appeal was pending!!!

Hello fellow retrogressed people!
Jan 2006 VISA bulletin says that dates have moved good this time
EB1 CHina 01JAN02 INDIA: 01JUL03 C C (moved from feb 2003 to jul 2003)
EB2 CHina 01JUN01 INDIA 01JAN01
2003 filers from india can breath easy now!!NSCeb1 .....all the best!!

Hi, eb1doc, should a lawyer needed or I can ask someone else to appeal?

eb1doc said:
hi! There is always hope when you beleive there is! Your case for motion to reopen your case look alright to me. Anyway while you apply for appeal you can also refile case as totally independent NIW/Eb1-OR and its quite likely that you will it approved fast.....................Please read posts by graduation2003 who had NIW approved while appeal was pending!!!

Hi, eb1doc, should a lawyer needed or I can ask someone else to appeal?

I plan to appeal my case and submit it next week. Thank you for your advice.

Yes Kiran_OR!For EB1 folks from India have the PD before 2003 July, it is a good news. Mine is July 3rd 2003 and just have to wait for the Feb 2006 visa bulletin. Hope they will move the cut off dates by atleast a month from July 2003!

I am new EB1-OR candidate from NSC.
For long i didn't see anyone from NSC contributing about status.......
any updates all....

Hi
I am a postdoc (6th year) and have about 15 papers. Now my prof agrees to sponsor for GC-NIW (I am waiting for my Ph.D. diploma and birth certificate from my home country). Same time I've plan to apply through EB1 by my self, I want to know which category is better EA/OR? what are the documents I would require. Please help me in this.
Thanks
Michael

Michael_MD said:
Hi
I am a postdoc (6th year) and have about 15 papers. Now my prof agrees to sponsor for GC-NIW (I am waiting for my Ph.D. diploma and birth certificate from my home country). Same time I've plan to apply through EB1 by my self, I want to know which category is better EA/OR? what are the documents I would require. Please help me in this.
Thanks
Michael

Well michael!! Technically you need Eb1-OR to be sponsered by your boss not NIW. If you mean sponsor means he is paying money for doing so then its fine. ..........You can apply NIW by yourself. Since you are postdoc ...mention of that p-word might go aganist you in EB1-OR case handiling if you can get research associate degree (read permanent issue discussions) and get letter saying ur are permanent employee then you can apply Eb1-OR...........please elaborate more to talk about niw/EA/OR..like paper citations/impact/letters/awards...etc etc....

Thanks eb1doc

:) Eb1doc, thanks for your reply. Since I have to apply through University, our University International office will direct me which category I could apply. I guess the legal dept. of our university will follow the I-140. If they agree to sponsor EB1-OR, then I may apply for NIW by my self. My title is Faculty Research Associate, I have 4 papers with impact factor of 5.8 and 6 with impact factor 3 and above, rest is OK kind journals. About the citation, one of my papers was cited by more than 35 papers; in total I may have 60-70 citation. I am a member of an international association and reviewed papers for well know Journal in the field. I am planning to get at least 9 reference. Eb1doc and others please suggest me which category I may fit in and necessary things I have to follow.
Thanks

you are perfect candidate for Eb1-OR!
be careful with reference letters.
avoid contrasting statements.
if lawyer is working on your Eb1-OR you will be safe!!
Also try putting ur queries in independent thread for more suggestions as this thread is old and essentially meant for updates of NSC Eb1 cases!!!

Thanks

:) Thanks eb1doc
Michael

eb1doc said:
you are perfect candidate for Eb1-OR!
be careful with reference letters.
avoid contrasting statements.
if lawyer is working on your Eb1-OR you will be safe!!
Also try putting ur queries in independent thread for more suggestions as this thread is old and essentially meant for updates of NSC Eb1 cases!!!

Hello NSC fellows
I got approved recently for Eb1-OR I-140
Hows PD going for Eb1OR's I-485
my friend from retrogressed country is saying that April 2006 VISA bulletin will see a jump upto early 2005 for Eb1-OR...is that right? when shall I expect that bulletin?

kiran_or said:
hi Gc11
Those who have filed november 2003 should expect decision soon as it appears NSC is going thru them now............based on search in some other forums on net and found that most of the october 2003 cases were approved for EB1 and EB2 in JAN 2005.
All the best

can you please list me others forums where I can get information?

Thanks

reddoc said:
Hello NSC fellows
I got approved recently for Eb1-OR I-140
Hows PD going for Eb1OR's I-485
my friend from retrogressed country is saying that April 2006 VISA bulletin will see a jump upto early 2005 for Eb1-OR...is that right? when shall I expect that bulletin?

r u from retrogressed country?
among two main retrogressed countries, China is a year behind of INDIA wrt Eb1 dates..... PD for INDIA is july 2004.....seeing trend from last couple of months ...feb & jul are common months where they are landing...july 2004 can jump upto feb 2005.....but who knows....life at USCIS is full of unexpected turns.....on the otherhand i have seen very few I-485 getting approved even after getting current!!!!!!My guess is that USCIS is just moving dates with an aim to acheive before oct 2006....if they acheive its good if not ....who is stopping them to take dates back .....................................................

lots LUDs and finally FP notice!

Ever since my dates became current i saw lots of LUD change without messages .....finally they send me another FP notice.....as mine as expired ....

Would you share with us when the FP would be expired? Thanks and good luck.

nsceb1 said:
Ever since my dates became current i saw lots of LUD change without messages .....finally they send me another FP notice.....as mine as expired ....