Nsc-eb1?

eb1doc said:
Its interesting that AP is taking so much time.
I didn't apply for AP unitill recently and the mail notice reply says that it will take 120 -160 days for them to take decision. However, processing dates indicates 90 days limit.

Most colleauges of mine got AP in less than 90 days!
Its I-485 which is taking more than said time or shall I say its unpredictable.
anyone can get anytime.
I guess most of us in this thread are 2004-2005 members for I-485. We might have to wait for while ........It is good to see NSC approaching feb 2004. Good news for Eb1-OR?niw cases from NSC are getting faster and faster......

Thanks Mr GC for PM.
Well, the site which i was talking was immigrationwatch.com.
you can track and predict approval of I-485 on that site by entering your BCIS notice number. Well, you can't trust that 100% but they also give the number of cases (%) approved around the time you filed. for november 2004 I-485 its is showing 13 % cases have been approved from NSC.

Eb1-I485

Just a Query!
Well most of thread at I-485 forum talk about PD and RD for I-485.
Say AT NSC, the RD for I-485 is current for June 2004.
Where as PD (which is given in case of labor) is way behind.
As we all know there is no retrogression in EB1-OR category...will it be too much to say that EB1-OR based I-485 are currently getting approved for RD:JUNE 2004 (provided security check is done).......

In simple words Will it be wrong if i expect something soon with RD of OCT 2004.

kiran_or said:
Just a Query!
Well most of thread at I-485 forum talk about PD and RD for I-485.
Say AT NSC, the RD for I-485 is current for June 2004.
Where as PD (which is given in case of labor) is way behind.
As we all know there is no retrogression in EB1-OR category...will it be too much to say that EB1-OR based I-485 are currently getting approved for RD:JUNE 2004 (provided security check is done).......

In simple words Will it be wrong if i expect something soon with RD of OCT 2004.

Why not sir!
Be optimistic!
anything can happen any day!
I just checked official processing dates and yes it moved from Feb 2004 to June 2004 for NSC. Well, It will not be wrong that your I-485 case will be touched in next 1 or 2 months.
You are right since EB1 cases don't have PD its RD which is important. If that is current (covers official processing dates).....then you have good chance of getting some response from NSC. ...
BUT>>>> this is subjected to ...condition that your security check report is submitted by FBI......
thats why wake me up later!!!

eb1doc said:
Thanks Mr GC for PM.
Well, the site which i was talking was immigrationwatch.com.
you can track and predict approval of I-485 on that site by entering your BCIS notice number. Well, you can't trust that 100% but they also give the number of cases (%) approved around the time you filed. for november 2004 I-485 its is showing 13 % cases have been approved from NSC.

Hi Eb1DOc
Well this site was probably updated yesterday and I was quite glad to see statistics for NSC. For october 2004: Based on the processing record of the same type of cases in this center, statistics analysis shows:
Percent of cases filed around your case's filing date which have been approved: 35.74% . On average(50-50), your case may be approved around: 12/20/05. If you are lucky(75-25), your case should have been approved before: 05/17/05

Lets hope for the best all!!!

eb1(OR) approved !!!!!

Guys,

My I-485 has been apporved today!!!! I still can't believe it. Mine is a concurrent filing of Aug 09 2004. 140 was approved on July 19 2005. code 2 was done on July 16 2005. Just recently renewed my EAD/AP.

Yesterday my I-485 LUD changed but I wasn't able to access the file info. Today I received the approval e-mail and the LUD changed again with a new message.

I have a question: I am supposed to travel outside US next week and would like to know if I can enter US on AP. My lawyer didn't give me a convincing answer on this situation. I also have no time to schedule an INFOPASS appointment since there are no available dates for Seattle before my travel dates.

Good luck to all of you. Seems like NSC is moving ahead!!!!

I am writing this just let you know that yeasterday we had Biometrics 3 procedure (that was pretty quick - we spent just 2 hours; Indi Office). Our LUD changed immediately after that, and once again this afternoon.
Waiting for good news :)

goko said:
Guys,

My I-485 has been apporved today!!!! I still can't believe it. Mine is a concurrent filing of Aug 09 2004. 140 was approved on July 19 2005. code 2 was done on July 16 2005. Just recently renewed my EAD/AP.

Yesterday my I-485 LUD changed but I wasn't able to access the file info. Today I received the approval e-mail and the LUD changed again with a new message.

I have a question: I am supposed to travel outside US next week and would like to know if I can enter US on AP. My lawyer didn't give me a convincing answer on this situation. I also have no time to schedule an INFOPASS appointment since there are no available dates for Seattle before my travel dates.

Good luck to all of you. Seems like NSC is moving ahead!!!!
Congratulations!
You may want to make sure before travelling on AP now. In my opinion, you cannot use your AP after I485 approval..if you were out of US before approval and your I485 were to be approved during that time, then it would have been possible to use AP. Only way out is Infopass appointment I guess. I remember reading about it in this forum..
Good luck!

congratulations GOKO,
NSC is working very well relatively from last 5-6 months on EB1 & NIw applications. It is good to see I-485 approval also in this category. In any case there for a while there is no problme for bulgarian citizen for I-485 approval. Any one from China & India got approval recently? anybody from april to Nov 2004 filers????

just a info!

The processing dates for Employement based GC at NSC jumped to octobet 2004. on asking about the effect of retrogression and dates concept
Our University lawyer says.
"As they are processing cases for C current avaliable countries along with Retro countries ....it is quite likely the dates will atleast move to JAN 2005 in next month or so . After that when everybody gets retrogressed dates will movely slowly till a stage will come when numbers become current. She also insisted that By feb march 2006 picture will pretty clear for most of E types GCs. However, the people on better side are EB1 than EB2 than EB3."

update!

thanks for the info Eb1doc
well, i can see most of the people of our peak time in thi sforum have disappeared after retrogression. ...but you are still sticking with your wise advise. in the mean time i have an update just received and RFE for my wife's case (birth certificate). my ND is oct 2003 ...but i am from retrogrssed country so i am not expecting any approval but at least our files are moving!!!!

Even moving of files is encouraging for retorgrssed affected people.
could you elaborate little bit abt RFE. I hope its not serious.
I have made up my mind for two more years of wait at least..everybody says its not going to be that long!!!!! Inclusing my lawyer!
anybody here has any comments from their lawyers!!!congressman etc.

eb1doc said:
I have made up my mind for two more years of wait at least..everybody says its not going to be that long!!!!! Inclusing my lawyer!

my lawyer said same, wait for year or two, but i hope everything will change as soon as congress (House/senate) make changes to budget reconciliation bill.

poker_031197 said:
my lawyer said same, wait for year or two, but i hope everything will change as soon as congress (House/senate) make changes to budget reconciliation bill.
Well , I gues poker you are also Eb1-OR from NSC ....i know after reading your post that you e-filed in sep !! right! so what is your PD? if your lawyer ispredicticting two year from sep 2005 then late 2004 & early 2005 shloud also be hopeful....i have friend from colado who told me today that his lawyer is saying one year for EB1-OR cases for INDIA. He somhow came with soem statistics which said thet EB1-OR is maximum for CHINA so it will take 2 years to get thru..... and INDIA's number for EB1-OR are few!!!All these words are just a way to make yourself happy!!! we hav eto wait for acutal approval.......

Last edited by a moderator:
eb1doc said:
Yup! not serious
We had submitted school leaving certificate as birth certificate proof and we were ready with all kind of affidavit as we were expecting this RFE.
We have already submitted the RFE response. I guess they are waiting for dates to become current. I guess for INDIA the dates are now Feb 2003 and my PD is OCT 2003 so it was quite logical that they process my application .....I rarely check statuts and forum as i personally don't want to get into statistics of immigartion as nothing seems to be in our hand...it will come whenever it is proposed to...just wait and do what you can do !!!

approved

I am pleased to share with you that my case was approved today.
It has been a long journey.
I sincerely thank all those who have given great suggestions from this forum, especially eb1doc!

I-140: 04/04
Ref: 09/05, replied 11/23/05
Approved: 12/02/05

I-485: 04/05
Approve: ???

my EB1-EA was denied by NSC after RFE, should I appeal or submit a new one?

I feel sad that my EB1-EA case was denied by NSC. I submitted my EA case in June and got RFE in Aguest and replied the RFE by the end of September.

I am a post doc with 15 published papers;
reviewed two journal papers,
Has a membership

orginally submitted 9 reference letters, three from current advisors and former advisor; four from US professors; two from Europe, in which one is Editor-in-chief for one journal and Edidor for three other journals. the other one is also editor for journals.

In RFE, 9 new letters were submitted. Three are from big companies in US, two from US professors, four from international professors in different countries.

should I appeal? Usually how long is it taken to get a decision from AAO?

NSCOR said:
I am pleased to share with you that my case was approved today.
It has been a long journey.
I sincerely thank all those who have given great suggestions from this forum, especially eb1doc!

I-140: 04/04
Ref: 09/05, replied 11/23/05
Approved: 12/02/05

I-485: 04/05
Approve: ???
COngratulations and you are very much welcome!

niw_2004 said:
I feel sad that my EB1-EA case was denied by NSC. I submitted my EA case in June and got RFE in Aguest and replied the RFE by the end of September.
I am a post doc with 15 published papers;
reviewed two journal papers,
Has a membership

orginally submitted 9 reference letters, three from current advisors and former advisor; four from US professors; two from Europe, in which one is Editor-in-chief for one journal and Edidor for three other journals. the other one is also editor for journals.

In RFE, 9 new letters were submitted. Three are from big companies in US, two from US professors, four from international professors in different countries.

should I appeal? Usually how long is it taken to get a decision from AAO?
Very sorry to hear that! Keep yourself compose!!! Did they say anything for reason for denial.Depending on that you can appeal! may be i will read your post first !! If you are post doc ........do you stand chance for NIW workwise as your publications support that.........

they are too picky

eb1doc said:
Very sorry to hear that! Keep yourself compose!!! Did they say anything for reason for denial.Depending on that you can appeal! may be i will read your post first !! If you are post doc ........do you stand chance for NIW workwise as your publications support that.........

1. membership. they need specific mention of membership eligibility.

2. Judge. they said it is a retuine and has not established that his level of participation in the industry-wode peer review process exceeds that of other scientist.

3. original scientific work.
The evidence established that the petitoiner has made orininal science contributions, and has acquired a degree of international recognition as an outstanding researer. several letters of support indicate that the petitioner's contributions have been significant, which we do not question. However, this appears to be a vital and growing field of research, and taken as a whole, the evidence on record is not sufficient to establish that the petitioner's impact and influence in the field is of major significance.

4. authorship.
post doc, publication is "expected". only a few cites are not enough. These papers are published within three years, how can I get extensively citation?

5. criticla role.

Similarly, the record does not demonstrate that the petitioner occupies a senior position within the organization, or has been responsible for the organization's success or standing, to a dgree consistent with the meaning of "leading or critical role".