November 2009 N-400 Tracker

I called them up yesterday and the level 1 rep raised a ticket (or enquiry) and i received an email today saying
"The status of this service request is:

We apologize for the error on USCIS Case Status Online that states you were mailed an RFE notice requesting additional evidence on Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. This is a service error. The notice that was mailed out was your Biometric Appointment Notice with your local ASC which you may have already attended. Your application is currently pending and will be worked in the order it was received by USCIS. Again we apologize for the error and any inconvenience it may have caused you."

Does this mean i lost the 1.5 months time that my case was on hold?
It is easily dismissive for others to tell you to calm down when we all know that there is a high level of anxiety and adrenaline that accompanies the naturalization process. My advice to everyone is to avoid calling customer service over and over again while the case is pending. Some of these customer service reps actions and perhaps notes added to your case might cause a delay in processing.

My observation is that it takes up to 40 days after FP to receive an interview notice. Also, interview notices are sent out based on the local office capacity to conduct interviews.

Yeah, what do I know...

Pwork, agreed. I work for the government and know that the way things are done between one office and another sometimes are very different. Some things just don't make sense, but that's the government. I guess if I hadn't been around it so long I'd be frustrated too.

Good example: Look at your timeline and mine. I sent mine two days before you did and look where you are and where we are.

Vip1r, Any Updates ??

I hope I have my update tonight/tomorrow morning...

Hi Vip1r,

I am alsmost on the same boat as you except for the fact that me and my spouse got our YLs on 24th dec but are yet to get an email or IL. Let's keep connected.
Thanks
BK

Updated Status

We got this e-mail notification this morning. Moving right along!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number:

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Now we wait for the IL to come.

CM23

Hi Vip1r,

I am alsmost on the same boat as you except for the fact that me and my spouse got our YLs on 24th dec but are yet to get an email or IL. Let's keep connected.
Thanks
BK

None so far? The wait continues :confused:

What is your DO?

We got this e-mail notification this morning. Moving right along!

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number:

Application Type: N400 , APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview.

Your case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled. You will be sent a notice advising you of the date and time of your interview. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Now we wait for the IL to come.

CM23

When you called FBI , did they send FP back to USCIS on day you took FP or on 1-7-10.

hi, my case is touched everyday since my case is forwarded to local DO for interview.
is this normal? plz help
when will i recieve interview letter?

hi, my case is touched everyday since my case is forwarded to local DO for interview.
is this normal? plz help
when will i recieve interview letter?
raosaab, when did you receive your notice (either via text message or email) that your case was transferred to a local office for interview?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11-12-2009: N400 Sent to Lewisville, TX 75067 via USPS Express mail
11-13-2009: Forwarded to Dallas, TX 75266
11-16-2009: Delivered at Dallas, TX 75266
11-19-2009: Check Cashed
11-23-2009: NOA Received (Priority Date 11-18-2009)
11-24-2009: RFE Letter Sent
11-30-2009: FP Letter Received (Priority Date 11-16-2009)
12-11-2009: FP Date
12-02-2009: FP Done (Walk-In)
12-16-2009: Yellow Letter Sent
12-23-2009: Yellow Letter Received (Request DL at Interview)
1- 6-2010: Interview Notice via Email (Local Office for Standard Interview)

xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Date
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Date

raosaab, when did you receive your notice (either via text message or email) that your case was transferred to a local office for interview?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11-12-2009: N400 Sent to Lewisville, TX 75067 via USPS Express mail
11-13-2009: Forwarded to Dallas, TX 75266
11-16-2009: Delivered at Dallas, TX 75266
11-19-2009: Check Cashed
11-23-2009: NOA Received (Priority Date 11-18-2009)
11-24-2009: RFE Letter Sent
11-30-2009: FP Letter Received (Priority Date 11-16-2009)
12-11-2009: FP Date
12-02-2009: FP Done (Walk-In)
12-16-2009: Yellow Letter Sent
12-23-2009: Yellow Letter Received (Request DL at Interview)
1- 6-2010: Interview Notice via Email (Local Office for Standard Interview)

xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Date

hi i recieved email/sms on 01/05/2010 but no interview letter yet and everyday i see updated in uscis website since i got message.plz reply thanks

Interview letter

Raosaab, no need to panic, you should receive it in a couple of days. I have the exact time lines as you do (same FP date - 12/17, but I did not walk-in, did it on actual date). Case sent for Standard interview on 12/30. I just got my IL yesterday. Interview is on 02/02 at Dallas.

Continuous date changes to the case status is normal. It happened to me as well. Starting on 12/30 I had date change almost every working day, except on Jan 6th, I think.

Good luck to everyone....

Last edited by a moderator:
vmokshagun
thanks for ur reply.goodluck to u.u know 02/02 is my birthday and u have interview on same day.goodluck my friend

I got my letter today! Finally, Feb 09, 2009 2PM... I can't wait. Godwilling, i'll be successfull. It was been long time waiting.

DO: Miami, FL
11-13-2009: N400 To Lewisville, TX
11-xx-2009: Money Order Cashed
11-27-2009: NOA Received
12-08-2009: FP Letter Received
12-18-2009: FP Date --DONE
12-18-2009: FP results came back from FBI --DONE
12-26-2008: Yellow Letter Received
01-05-2010: Email and TEXT:"This case has been sent for a standard interview "
01-11-2010: Interview Letter Received
02-09-2010: Interview Date

jc 33

All he told me was that they were sent back to USCIS. He didn't really give me a date. But we took our FP on 31 DEC 09 so with the holidays there probably was a delay. It usually takes 24-48 hours to turn them around.

CM23

Raosaab, dr. scifi,

Congrats on the progress! we are right behind you. Looks liek 6 days to after the text to get the letter. If that is correct our letter will come on the 14th.

CM23

Now that November filers are getting interviewed, let's not forget to post our experiences with the IO.

Good Luck to all.

Congrats on the progress! we are right behind you. Looks liek 6 days to after the text to get the letter. If that is correct our letter will come on the 14th.

CM23
channelmaster23
thanks,i was waiting for my interview letter very badly.thank god.
My 3yrs for PR completes same day on 02/12,thats nice too.