November 2009 N-400 Tracker

They told me the same thing at first. But then I clarified that the FP was sent 'electronically' by USCIS (and that their (FBI) automated phone message says that such cases processed the same day), I was asked to give my A#, and sure enough they had processed and sent it back the same day.

I sent an e-mail to liason@leo.gov over the weekened and had a reply this morning: The FBI sent back my fingerprint results to the USCIS on 12/1 (same day) so this is yet another example of not trusting what you are being told by a customer service rep on the phone.

Looks like my prints did not get lost after all and all is still progressing as it should.

As of now, does not seem like any Nov PD people have gotten interview letters. Is that correct?

i recieved my fingerprint notice that RFE is just 4 FP.thanks to all of u for ur help.

11-14-2009: N400 Sent to Lewisville, TX 75067 via USPS Express mail
11-16-2009: Forwarded to Dallas, TX 75266
11-16-2009: Delivered at Dallas, TX 75266
11-20-2009: Check Cashed
11-23-2009: NOA Received (Priority Date 11-19-2009)
12-04-2009: RFE message/sms @ 4am
12-07-2009: FP Letter Received
12-17-2009: FP Date
12-xx-2009: FP Done (Walk-In)
xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Interview Date
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Letter Received
xx-xx-xxxx: Oath Date

I sent out my N-400 on 11/18 and USCIS received it on 11/19. That was 19 days ago and I still have not received any kind of notification from them. I’m really concerned that I still have not received NOA? It’s possible that that NOA was lost in transpiration. I also never received any email notification from USCIS. I was hoping that I would be able to complete finger prints before Christmas break as I will be out of the country for the holidays. I really would not like to receive FP appointment while I’m out of the country. I called USCIS last Friday and the representative told me that I need to wait 30 days before they can check anything. What do you suggest I do? Thank you.

CHIGUY,
Dont worry,everything will be ok.i was also worried like u but everything is on its track now.hopefully same thing happen with u.call customer care ask them that u didnot recieved ur NOA yet, they might atleast tell ur reciept no..
so that u can check it online whats going in ur case.

Thank you raosaab. You were right. I just received my Fingerprint Notification. Since I've never received NOA this is the first time I was able to check my status online using my application number. My current status is "Request for Evidence".

"On December 3, 2009, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case N400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the requested information. This case will be in suspense until we receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once we receive the requested evidence or information and make a decision on the case, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283."

I can see why some people were confused by this language but it looks like this is the default status during the Fiingeprints and FBI clearing phase so no need to worry. In any case, my FP appointment is next Friday, 11/18. I will keep you posted if anything else changes in the meantime.

By the way, if you are not able to appear for your scheduled FP appointment, you can go on any following Wednesday at the same time for the next three months.

i did my fingerprint by walkin.

12-07-2009: FP Done (Walk-In)

ChiGuy,
i did my fingerprint by walking.i recieved my fingerprint today only.i went to ASC and nobody was there,so they allowed me to do my fp.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those that are conflicted about whether they reported a driving citation or not, please read the guide to naturalization. I hope this helps to put some of your fears to rest.
"If you have been arrested or convicted of a crime, you must send a certified copy of the
arrest report, court disposition, sentencing, and any other relevant documents, including
any countervailing evidence concerning the circumstances of your arrest and/or
conviction that you would like USCIS to consider. Note that unless a traffic incident
was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver’s license." - Guide to Naturalization

hi raosaab,

I called customer service since I did not get NOA or finger print notice for a month. They asked me to go to local office to get copy of appointment letter, they did not reveal what that letter was. I went to local office today morning,
it is finger print notice and I am scheduled for 8th'Dec.
I guess I am lucky, I could have missed this if I had not gone to local office today.
I will give finger print tomorrow.

goodluck
isitmyturnnow?
please make sure with ur post office too.so that u donot miss ur interview letter.

Received Yellow letter today...Interesting thing is the LUD is still the same as 11/18/09...Nothing is getting updated online..

11/11/2009 -- Sent N400 (me and my wife) applications via Fedex to Phoenix
11/12/2009 -- Application received
11/18/2009 -- Checks cashed
11/20/2009 -- NOA received (PD= 11/16/2009)
11/23/2009 -- FP notice received
12/15/2009 -- FP appointment
12/07/2009 - Received Yellow Letter.. (Just mine).

For those that are conflicted about whether they reported a driving citation or not, please read the guide to naturalization. I hope this helps to put some of your fears to rest.
"If you have been arrested or convicted of a crime, you must send a certified copy of the arrest report, court disposition, sentencing, and any other relevant documents, including any countervailing evidence concerning the circumstances of your arrest and/or conviction that you would like USCIS to consider. Note that unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver’s license." - Guide to Naturalization

So should the Traffic tickets be disclosed or not? :)

If you got any point at all, looks like we should submit the documentation. That is what I understand from the text.

That said, I got my first speeding ticket last week. It is a $100 fine with 2 points. So looks like I have to take that info to the interview, right..??

12-07-2009: FP Done (Walk-In)& sended back by FBI

Dear beloved November N-400 Filers

Dear my beloved fellow November N-400 Filers,

I missed my fingerprint appointment on the 4th because I had passed out the night before. My skin condition has gotten worse over the last week and I finally went to see a dermatologist this afternoon and he prescribed steroid cream and some other meds. He said it would at least take 3 weeks to have my full fingerprints back and that I just need to relax and take care of myself. So that was an update from me and just wanted to see how everyone else was doing.

BTW, I got my Yellow Letter from USCIS today stating that they need me to bring a state issued driver's license and originals of my citation records (traffic tickets). Weird huh? I mean I didn't even get my FP done yet... LOL

raosaab,
I did my finger print today. How to find out FBI has sent the results back ?

11.05.2009 N-400 Sent to Lewisville, TX
11.06.2009 Delivered express Mail!
11.11.2009 Check cashed
Did not get NOA and FP notice through mail.
NO NOA
NO FP NOTICE (Called customer service, went to local office to find out when my finger printing is scheduled.)
12-08-2009: FP Done