November 2009 N-400 Tracker

Wow. Really? They can actually reject our applications just because we didn't send them to the Lockbox? That's ridiculous. I mean if they're going to, they better return our money orders/ checks. Still, let's try to stay positive. At least we have a few people in this thread in the same situation so hopefully we'll find out soon.

I have had USCIS return my application (for a different reason, though) and they will return the check with it. If they cash the check, it sure implies the application reached the right place with at least minimum requirements.

What does it mean though? I sent my mail NON express/overnight and I am also getting this msg. I called USPS today they told me that this party has moved from the address you shipped to. That is why your mail is being forwarded to a new address.. May be USPS doesn't know this. I am curious about it.

Hey, can you please recheck your sent to address and make sure that it reads: P.O. Box 299026, Lewisville, TX 75029. PLEASE!
If so, we can all take a deeper breath and take a sigh of relief!

I have checked my recipt and it has the address "P.O. Box 299026, Lewisville, TX 75029". I have sent the papers by a USPS Priority Mail with returned recipt required.

Is it possible since it has returned recipt required this is why it took a little detour to the different address? I am most probably wrong but just a wild thought.

I have checked my recipt and it has the address "P.O. Box 299026, Lewisville, TX 75029". I have sent the papers by a USPS Priority Mail with returned recipt required.

Is it possible since it has returned recipt required this is why it took a little detour to the different address? I am most probably wrong but just a wild thought.
I think we will be just fine. Let's stop being too overly pessimistic and think positive for a minute. As nsc030104 said earlier, look for your check or money order to be cashed or returned. In either case, we will know soon, anyways.

Sent in my application on November 13th. It was a Friday (woah Friday the 13th! Uh-oh) so I'm guessing it will take 2-3 business days? I had a friend mail it for me, and they didn't track it so I have no idea where it is which is a bit worrisome...

Dear Applicant/Petitioner:

Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the National Benefits Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number NBC*******. With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit USCIS where you can check the status of your application using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your application/petition. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your application remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your application/petition must be verified with USCIS.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

Ok I got this email/text message from USCIS at 8:00 this morning. So my N-400 was first forwarded to Dallas and now it's being routed to the National Benefits Center. Is this common? Does anyone know much about NBC? Hmmm... this is turning out to be a very interesting experience.

Dear Applicant/Petitioner:

Your USCIS application/petition has been received and routed to the
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

Ok I got this email/text message from USCIS at 8:00 this morning. .

OK.. now.. How do you guys get these emails? Don't you need the receipt number to even include the case in your online portfolio and then turn email alert on? Or, is USCIS sending emails to the email id mentioned on N-400? If it is the latter, I will be pleasantly shocked at USCIS' efficiency.

Updating my signature with some updates

OK.. now.. How do you guys get these emails? Don't you need the receipt number to even include the case in your online portfolio and then turn email alert on? Or, is USCIS sending emails to the email id mentioned on N-400? If it is the latter, I will be pleasantly shocked at USCIS' efficiency.
If that email communication sent to danimee is accurate, it is an astounding development and should be applauded. Government bureaucrats responding timely via email? Hey, in any case, the post office is the only reliable government entity that does a better job. I do not think for a second that they would misplace our mails. It is forwarded as requested by USCIS. Let's just cross our fingers and hope each of us can get a positive response back via the same route, regular mail.

G-1145 Form

I found out about this G-1145 Form on the USCIS website right before I was getting ready to send out my N-400, which lets you get text/email message updates on your application from USCIS. The G-1145 instruction says that it can be clipped in front of your application if you want to receive electronic updates. It is a single page and all you need to fill out is your name, email address and your mobile number. They don't even ask for your signature but I put it down anyway.

I found out about this G-1145 Form on the USCIS website right before I was getting ready to send out my N-400, which lets you get text/email message updates on your application from USCIS. The G-1145 instruction says that it can be clipped in front of your application if you want to receive electronic updates. It is a single page and all you need to fill out is your name, email address and your mobile number. They don't even ask for your signature but I put it down anyway.
Awesome! You are right on top on things. Hey, danimee, has the post office updated your tracking confirmation to reflect that your mail was received after it was forwarded? Mine was forwarded on November 13 but it still reads the same message.
By the way, thanks for that info about the G-1145 Form.

Anyway to add this form to an existing application or did it need to be sent in with the original app. I think my receipt should be coming soon anyways and dont plan to deal with the USCIS much after this USC process, but good to know.

USPS tracking update

Awesome! You are right on top on things. Hey, danimee, has the post office updated your tracking confirmation to reflect that your mail was received after it was forwarded? Mine was forwarded on November 13 but it still reads the same message.
By the way, thanks for that info about the G-1145 Form.

Label/Receipt Number: EH62 3447 331U S
Class: Express Mail®

Your item was delivered at 9:11 AM on November 12, 2009 in DALLAS, TX 75266 to USCIS . The item was signed for by C THORNQUISK.

This was the final update from USPS. Has yours changed at all?

Label/Receipt Number: EH62 3447 331U S
Class: Express Mail®

Your item was delivered at 9:11 AM on November 12, 2009 in DALLAS, TX 75266 to USCIS . The item was signed for by C THORNQUISK.

This was the final update from USPS. Has yours changed at all?
Hey, mine has not changed. I will give it another day. Zip code 75266 is a USCIS lockbox. They probably pick up mails from there once or twice a week. You are on track...Once your mail was received, you are on track.
I will keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks a lot.

This is news to me.. Will pass it on to other prospective applicants.. Thank You

Does anybody know to interpret the petition number from the back of check that got cashed..

Does anybody know to interpret the petition number from the back of check that got cashed..

Seattle.... wait until you get Notice of Action (NOA) letter from USCIS. Cleared check does not show the NBC* number.

Ok I got this email/text message from USCIS at 8:00 this morning. So my N-400 was first forwarded to Dallas and now it's being routed to the National Benefits Center. Is this common? Does anyone know much about NBC? Hmmm... this is turning out to be a very interesting experience.

Danimee, I got the NOA today. We are both fine. Express mail+money order finally paid off.

DO: Newwark, NJ

mailed via usps express mail: 11/09/09
forwarded to dallas:11/10/09
delivered to dallas: 11/12/09
NOA received: 11/18/09

Last edited by a moderator: