November 2009 family based filers, post here

Naas

Registered Users (C)
Thought I should start a thread for the november AOS filers.
I send mine in on November 2nd.
My DO is Newark, NJ
So just waiting now :)

good luck chicago
from the timelines around here it looks like a good 2 weeks until a NOA arrives..

Thanks for starting the thread, I am going to file for my wife's GC after my Oath Ceremony on the 13th of this month. Still getting the paperwork ready.
Any tips/pointers will be helpful :)

I submited on October too. Maybe that was a bad month for me.

November hopefully will look better :rolleyes:

Thanks,
Romeo

Last edited by a moderator:
I just mailed mine off yesterday - it's actually done!

It's been a long time coming - I've been here in the US for 8 years (could have filed at any time but finances were very tight). My visitor status ran out after 3 months, but we married before that. My DH was born and raised in NYC.

Can't wait to be able to go home and see my dad - my mum visits every year but he's scared of flying so I haven't seen him since I left. He hasn't even met his 2 little granddaughters.

REALLY excited to get that SSN so that I can start to generate my own credit scores - we're hoping to buy a house jointly next year. Plus all that stuff that people take for granted like getting a driving license, working, being able to open a feckin checking account without the third degree!

Sorry, I'm babbling, but I can't believe I finally sent it!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thanks for starting the thread, I am going to file for my wife's GC after my Oath Ceremony on the 13th of this month. Still getting the paperwork ready.
Any tips/pointers will be helpful :)

Congrats!

And Congrats to you do Irish Export. Believe me I know the feeling!

I -130 question for recent filers

Hi, I am filling paperwork for my wife who is currently on H1B
In the I-130 form, Part C , Question 14 : My wife entered the country as a F1 student legally, but now she is on H1 and she has an I-94 number for the H1.
She does not the original I-94 Card that was given to her when she came to this country first?
Do I put the I-94 that came with H1B approval in this section?

Any help would be appreciated.

Just checked the USPS website, package was delivered on Nov. 5th.
Still waiting :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A simple question guys
I am filing an application for my wife and gathering all the documents. My question is in addition to the required applications(130,485, 131, 693, 765, 864), should I send all the other documentation(taxes, leases, bills, marriage certificates, pictures, child birth certificates etc?)
I was thinking that I can bring all this documentation to the interview. Please enlighten me :)

A simple question guys
I am filing an application for my wife and gathering all the documents. My question is in addition to the required applications(130,485, 131, 693, 765, 864), should I send all the other documentation(taxes, leases, bills, marriage certificates, pictures, child birth certificates etc?)
I was thinking that I can bring all this documentation to the interview. Please enlighten me :)

Hi there!

The I-485 instructions say to include copy of birth certificate, copy of passport pages with non-immigrant visa, the passport photos - and documents for the I-864 showing proof of income.

The I-130 asks for the petitioner's birth certificate (or other ID to show citizenship), copy of marriage certificate, passport photos, and then adds:

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed above, you should submit one or more of the following types of documentation that may evidence that bona fides of your marriage:
E. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or
F. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or
G. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or
H. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or
I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or
J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

You definitely need to include this stuff!!!

Hi there!

The I-485 instructions say to include copy of birth certificate, copy of passport pages with non-immigrant visa, the passport photos - and documents for the I-864 showing proof of income.

The I-130 asks for the petitioner's birth certificate (or other ID to show citizenship), copy of marriage certificate, passport photos, and then adds:

NOTE: In addition to the required documentation listed above, you should submit one or more of the following types of documentation that may evidence that bona fides of your marriage:
E. Documentation showing joint ownership or property; or
F. A lease showing joint tenancy of a common residence; or
G. Documentation showing co-mingling of financial resources; or
H. Birth certificate(s) of child(ren) born to you, the petitioner, and your spouse together; or
I. Affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fides of the marital relationship. (Each affidavit must contain the full name and address, date and place of birth of the person making the affidavit, his or her relationship to the petitioner of beneficiary, if any, and complete information and details explaining how the person acquired his or her knowledge of your marriage); or
J. Any other relevant documentation to establish that there is an ongoing marital union.

You definitely need to include this stuff!!!

Thank you very much for the info. I will refer to the visajourney link also.
Thanks again.

I mailed the package on 11/5 and USPS said they delivered it on 11/7.
Hopefully checks will be cashed by the end of this week.
Long way to go.

Our applications have been received on 11/4 and there is no activities yet. I want to know about the others. Please

Naas, Dans, IrishExport, we almost filed at the same time. were your checks cashed? I still do not see any movement on my case. Thanks.

Naas, Dans, IrishExport, we almost filed at the same time. were your checks cashed? I still do not see any movement on my case. Thanks.

Not yet - but mine might be slower because I mailed it regular certified mail with return receipt (instead of express or priority), so it shows as delivered on the 8th (a Sunday? At 9.21pm apparently?)

I've been checking my bank account feverishly, but looking at filers from previous months it looks like it takes about a week after receipt of the packet for the cheques to be cashed.

Never thought I'd be so excited for the Department of Homeland Security to take all my money!! :D

Can't wait for the first updates about cheques being cashed, it's lucky that we all filed so close together.