November 2009 family based filers, post here

As for my story IrishExport, it's a long one :):) I've been here for 11 years now literally since I was a child. So I'm so glad I am finally at this point :):):)

Oh you beat me out Naas! I've been here just over 8 years and I thought that was bad. You see so many people (according to their timelines) who file so quickly after getting married, that it's kind of embarrassing when you've been here a while!

Where are you from originally?

Because I'm curious and a little bored, I wondered if it might be fun to post how we got to this point (adjusting status) in our life journeys - any takers?

I think i will beat you :)

I came here on 2000. Got H1 Visa then I start my first Employment Based GC.

In the meantime i won DV. Stoped GC processing and applied for AOS. Unfortunately there were not enough numbers available. My case was 22700 and they stopped at 22500.

So I start my 2nd GC EB. At that time EB3 was still available. In the meantime EB3 gets unavailable and 2nd i140 gets audited for a stupid lawyer mistake. So.. I start 3rd GC EB2 this time.

Evidently 3rd i140 gets audited and put on a long wait list again.. :(

In the meantime my spouse become a USC (she got here w/ DV as well). At the end of my wits I just gave up being smart and do things my own way and I'm applying on GC family based.

Thanks,
Romeo

Hi Guys,

Sent my application (130, 485, 765, 864 & 131) on 11/12. Now its wait & watch. All the best to you all who are in the same boat. Hope everything goes nice & smooth.

-Sandy

I'm Turkish . I'm pretty sure ur from Ireland :):)

Yep! Though I'm from Northern Ireland, so "officially" I'm British. Well I can hold British and Irish passports, but I entered the US with my British one.

Only been to Turkey once - an excursion from Greece to see the ruins at Ephesus. My mum and dad to go Turkey almost every year, though.

Yep! Though I'm from Northern Ireland, so "officially" I'm British. Well I can hold British and Irish passports, but I entered the US with my British one.

Only been to Turkey once - an excursion from Greece to see the ruins at Ephesus. My mum and dad to go Turkey almost every year, though.

Very cool!
I want to go back this summer if everything works out smoothly :):) I mean looking at the threads for previous months, it seems like many people are getting their interview notices within 3 months. I wish our processes will be as fast!

Very cool!
I want to go back this summer if everything works out smoothly :):) I mean looking at the threads for previous months, it seems like many people are getting their interview notices within 3 months. I wish our processes will be as fast!

Definitely! I haven't been home in 8 years and can't wait to go. My mum visits regularly, but dad can't fly so he has never met his two little granddaughters.

Hi all! I need help.
How long does it take to receive interview notice for Green Card after fingerprint?
I'm an International students with F-1 Visa. I've been in U.S since 08/2007 and living with my husband until 08/2009, we got married.
_________
09/15/09: I-485, I-765, I-130, I-131, G846, G-846A mailed to Chicago. (I'm from Mississippi)
09/23/09: Received notice receipt
10/25/09: Call USCIS to ask why I have not received anything
10/29/09: Receive Fingerprint notice scheduled on 11/12/09
11/12/09: Done biometrics.
Waiting...

None here - saw you had posted and was hoping you'd say that your cheques had been cashed, because I know mine will be behind yours!

Lol nope. I can't even check if they have been cashed cuz I sent in money orders. I checked the usps website and it says it was delivered on the 5th but I sent it registered certified and haven't got the receipt yet..

My mail just came and my little green card (the USPS return receipt) still has not been returned either. It was delivered Nov 8th - I send out a lot of stuff CMRRR, and this is the longest by far to have the receipt returned.

Just got my noas for i-485 and i-765! Yayy :). Btw they also sent me back the 70 dollars I had sent with the affidavid.. I thought it was needed but I found out it wasn't..
Irishexport this means u should be getting urs anyday now

Just got my noas for i-485 and i-765! Yayy :). Btw they also sent me back the 70 dollars I had sent with the affidavid.. I thought it was needed but I found out it wasn't..
Irishexport this means u should be getting urs anyday now

Congratulations !

Congratulations Naas!

Sorry to sound ignorant - but I haven't seen the NOA up close (it's the I-797 right?). Is there a file number or anything on it that allows you to track your application online, or do you get that notice later, I wonder. I'm itching to be able to follow my case online!

Dan, I'm the same with updates. I must have checked my bank account 20 times today to see if the cheques had been withdrawn, LOL.

Naas - did you get your certified mail return receipt back yet? If not, that's pretty hilarious.

Naas - you should do a timeline in your signature:

Click on "User CP" at the top left of this screen, then click on "edit signature" and type in your dates.