November 2009 family based filers, post here

Hi immig_geek,

Our timelines are similar with same interview date. Did you recieve any email/mail for EAD card yet? I am still waiting.

Sandy
We have not received the EAD yet. Although I am not worried about it as the interview is in less than 3 weeks and my wife is already employed as an H1b

anyone interviewing today from folks filing in November?

I have the interview next monday....

District Office - Albany, NY
11/04/09: Day 0 - Packet sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765) by USPS
11/05/09: Day 1 - Packet delivered
11/10/09: Day 6 - Received NOA
Case Status: Initial review
11/20/09: Day 16 - Received Notice for FP on 12/04
12/04/09 : Day 30: FP Done. I 765 touched
12/07/09 : Day 33: I 765 touched again
12/21/09 : Day 47: Received IL
01/05/10: Day 62 : I 131-Advance Parole Approved
01/08/10: Day 65 : EAD Card production ordered
01/25/10 : Day 82: Interview Date

I see my EAD is only valid for a year. Once you get the green card, do you really need the EAD? Does the green card make it null and void? Is there any reason you need to carry it around with you - like for ID purposes?

Many congratulations whtmyid. Wow...that is a lot of documentation. You mentioned that the IO said he had enough documents at some point, do you remember what all documentation you showed him before he said that.

Thank you GeekInSanjose. I think he said stop after like 4 or 5 different documents I gave him. I dont think he really cared about the type of documents I gave him, and he noticed that I have stack of documents coming one after the other.

But I am thinking he took the following documents for file

Bank Statements
Car Title & Geico Insurance
401K & 403B documents
Cell phone bills & Utility bills
Life and Health Insurance Information

I was organizing my docs after I came home and realized these documents are missing, so he must have taken these documents.

I see my EAD is only valid for a year. Once you get the green card, do you really need the EAD? Does the green card make it null and void? Is there any reason you need to carry it around with you - like for ID purposes?

An EAD is issued while your GC application is pending so that you can legally work in the US. You might be asked to turn in your EAD at your interview. It makes no sense to have one when you have a GC, since the GC covers both as a travel document and employment authorization.

Where can I get Non-immigrant visa number?? I am on students visa .. so is it located on the i-20's, or the F1 visa on the passport??

Pls. help!

Rid_prag

Hi everyone ..

I am double checking my docs to send them out but I am reaalizing I have a few things missing. Pls. help:

1. on G325 A, the File number A is the A#? or leave it blank?
2. NON-immigrant number for the 485 application? I am students visa, so would I find it on I-20 or F1 Visa??

I am sure I have made more mistakes .. more qs. coming ..

thanks
Riddhi

Unless you already applied for another immigration benefit then you haven't been assigned one yet so leave it blank.

2. NON-immigrant number for the 485 application? I am students visa, so would I find it on I-20 or F1?

Your non-immigrant visa number is the red number on your visa in your passport. It is located on the right side of the visa near the bottom.

thank you .. I guess that means that I will jst leave the A# as blank from all the documents. This is v. confusing, since I do have an A# from when I had my EAD thru student visa/OPT.. so is there a way they can track it? Also, I am sending a copy of my previous EAD with I-765. so they will have the documentation re. my A#!

Hi everyone ..

I am double checking my docs to send them out but I am reaalizing I have a few things missing. Pls. help:

2. NON-immigrant number for the 485 application? I am students visa, so would I find it on I-20 or F1 Visa??

I am sure I have made more mistakes .. more qs. coming ..

thanks
Riddhi

1. You can put the A# you find on your OPT EAD.
2. Like dhlunar said you should see your visa number on your student visa you got in your passport.

whtmyid was today, and ahsieh and resident1374 are on Thursday - can;t wait to hear the feedback!

Thursday is coming up, getting a bit nervous.
First thing I will do after getting out of interview and getting access to a computer is to post my experience.

Sorry rid_prag, I didn't realize that you already had OPT EAD. However, my wife also did OPT EAD twice (once after BS and again after masters), and her OPT EAD cards the A number was the same. We put that number down on her GC applications, and they issued her a new A# on the NOA we received for the I-485. According to the unclassified version of the Field Adjudicated Manuel (it is available under the Law section of the USCIS website) I think it is procedure for them to issue a new A#. So, even if you put the A# down be prepared to get a new A#.

Sorry rid_prag, I didn't realize that you already had OPT EAD. However, my wife also did OPT EAD twice (once after BS and again after masters), and her OPT EAD cards the A number was the same. We put that number down on her GC applications, and they issued her a new A# on the NOA we received for the I-485. According to the unclassified version of the Field Adjudicated Manuel (it is available under the Law section of the USCIS website) I think it is procedure for them to issue a new A#. So, even if you put the A# down be prepared to get a new A#.

Yes, my wife also got a new A#.
But I think it is still better to give them the EAD A# because first the form asks for one if any; second, it may help them look you up in the system.
Just my $0.02.