November 2009 family based filers, post here

It's Jan 11 and those losers are still celebrating?
And I've paid them about 1.4K for this performance not taking into account taxes.
Shame on them!

I am just wondering for those that have received interview letters. Are those mailed from the district office or are they mailed from NBC? NBC seems to take a long time to get a notice from the printer to the mailbox.

I am just wondering for those that have received interview letters. Are those mailed from the district office or are they mailed from NBC? NBC seems to take a long time to get a notice from the printer to the mailbox.

I think mine came from the District office.

congrats!
r u going to apply for ssn?

I'd be worried about applying for SSN this close to the interview seeing as the SSA requires you to send your original documents to them. Maybe that doesn't matter if you go in person? (which I can't do).

I'm bummed out that I have to wait until after my interview.

I'd be worried about applying for SSN this close to the interview seeing as the SSA requires you to send your original documents to them. Maybe that doesn't matter if you go in person? (which I can't do).

Im applying tomorrow since I live 10 minutes away from the SSA.

yup they ask for originals of everything but i was just guessing that they wouldn't actually keep your documents.
It says on the ssa website that you need to show two different documents to prove immigration status, identity and age.
From what I understoon EAD card would serve as proof of immigration status.
This means that it wouldn't matter if you have overstayed your visa, like i have. right?
it also says that you can use your passport as proof of your age.
so if you were to mail it in, you would have to send your ead and your passport?

On the topic related to SSN:

Last year folks (married filing jointly) who don't have SSN for spouse were not eligible for $1500 tax credit given by government.

But as most of us on this thread have submitted AOS package and are in process or have already received SSN. Does anyone know or has experience filing some kind of tax amendment forms/papers and get the credit this year.

If we receive can think of it as AOS package refund fees ($1465) :p

Thoughts?

I must acknowledge I was wrong, got mail from them today - interview appointment. Online status is not updated.

11/20/09: Sent (I-130, I-485, I-864, I-765, I-131)
11/27/09: notice date
12/09/09: Received FP letter for 12/18/09
12/18/09: FP done
12/21/09: I-765 "touched"[/QUOTE]
01/07/10: interview letter sent
01/11/10: interview letter received
02/18/10: interview date

My envelope said it's from NBC.

Interview Dates of November filers.

whtmyid: 01/19
ahsieh: 01/21
resident1374: 01/21
geekinsanjose: 01/22
Josss78: 01/25
alboto: 01/26
irishexport: 02/02
immig_geek: 02/10
kostyan: 02/18

Please post your post-interview experiences i.e. after your interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
yup they ask for originals of everything but i was just guessing that they wouldn't actually keep your documents.
It says on the ssa website that you need to show two different documents to prove immigration status, identity and age.
From what I understoon EAD card would serve as proof of immigration status.
This means that it wouldn't matter if you have overstayed your visa, like i have. right?
it also says that you can use your passport as proof of your age.
so if you were to mail it in, you would have to send your ead and your passport?

Yep, you have to send your EAD, passport and maybe birth certificate too - that's why if you don't live close enough to go in person it's too dicey this close to the interview.

I know they send them right back, but it doesn't take much for something to happen and for you not to get those documents back in time. I know I'll be sweating the whole time those documents are out of my possession as it is! Can you imagine losing your passport and EAD in the mail?