November 1-485 Filers pls post

NEWFILER,

There should be an update once biometrics are processed. Did ur relative get any updates yet?
Sheeba, congrats on ur biometric. Mistborn, hope u will get something soon.

LadyM,

I have just received the NOAs with trhe receipt numbers in mail... I have not yet gotten my biometrics letter:(

Thanks
S

LadyM,

I have just received the NOAs with trhe receipt numbers in mail... I have not yet gotten my biometrics letter:(

Thanks
S

Sheeba,

Don't worry usually the biometrics letter comes around 6 days after the NOAs.. And i hope my Interview letter will come in 30 days from the biometrics letter as most of the posts here

I just called USCIS customer service. The first level representative was unable to find the case number and I was bumped up to the next level. There the officer found my case and told me that biometrics is not scheduled yet and it will take 2-4 weeks more to schedule it.
(Applied 130/485/765/131 for parent of a US citizen IR5, receipt date Nov 12th, notice date Nov 17th, resident in Northern CA)

nkm--
I guess you are an old timer on this forum.
And now this shows CIS(Erstwhile INS) has not much improved in working since 2002.
Why it will take 2-4 weeks when N400 guys are getting their Biometrics receiving
with in 2-3 weeks and scheduled dates within 4 weeks for the same geographical area !
and Customer service replies has not changed much since 2002 as you might have observed!!

I called USCIS Customer Service and they told me the same thing about waiting for 30 days after receiving my NOA's in the mail. I just hope it didn't get lost in the mail because I read a lot about people getting mail from USCIS that were not sealed. Well, the waiting continues I guess... :(

All,
I did walk in biometrics yesterday in Elizabeth NJ. Looks like most of the ASCs will have walk-in day every week. Elizabeth center allows walk ins on every wednesday all day. good luck to all.

However i am not able to find my case numbers on USCIS website.

I called USCIS Customer Service and they told me the same thing about waiting for 30 days after receiving my NOA's in the mail. I just hope it didn't get lost in the mail because I read a lot about people getting mail from USCIS that were not sealed. Well, the waiting continues I guess... :(

Mistborn, do you know how the days are counted? I don't believe they include the w/e. You could probably calculate to see how much more wait time you have, and if you need to schedule an infopass.
Hope you get it before though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My I-485 case appeared online today and it says they sent a RFE notice on 12/23. Wondering what it is about.Hasn't arrived yet.

Day 00: 11/23/2010: AOS package sent to Chicago (3.53 pm EST) (i -485, i - 130 , I - 765, I - 864, G - 325 , I -693)
Day 01: 11/24/2010: Package delivered by USPS express and received and signed by R Mercado @2.35 pm
Day 10: 12/03/2010: Checks cashed.
Day 14: 12/07/2010: Received NOAs in the mail for I -130, 1- 765 and I - 485.
Day 21: 12/14/2010: Received biometrics appointment letter for 01/05/2011.
Day 24: 12/17/2010: Biometrics done (successful walk in 18 days before appointment)
Day 34: 12/27/2010: I-485 Case appears online( shows RFE)

Update

My I765 also appeared online today this is what it says:

On December 27, 2010, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent.

I hope it doesnt delay it too much, good thing my lawyer gets a copy sent to them of everything.. atleast i'll know what the notice was about!

I've the same message guys !!! Waiting for RFE whats wrong?!! I believe that i mailed all the required documents..!! :(

Update: RFE

Would you mind telling us what your RFE was about?

Hey my November people let's try and stay positive. CSCC, TOPEKA6000 as you all have discovered we have RFEs on the way. I also thought I sent everything required but let's wait and see. No need to panic guys.

Mistborn have you checked you status online yet? Lady M have done your bios yet?

I am going to guess.. they need birth certificates! its been nearly a week. should have something very soon....
No need to panic guys. It just delays the process by a couple of weeks!!

Hey my November people let's try and stay positive. CSCC, TOPEKA6000 as you all have discovered we have RFEs on the way. I also thought I sent everything required but let's wait and see. No need to panic guys.

Mistborn have you checked you status online yet? Lady M have done your bios yet?

RFE was about medical, I-693. It could have been avoided.

I checked my status online it is not yet there. I still have not gotten my biometrics letter.

I just checked my status again and my AOS case is online and I have an RFE. They sant out the RFE letter yesterday so I think I will get it tomorrow. Bittersweet news. :/