November 1-485 Filers pls post

At another forum, someone mentioned you are still going to get your EAD while you wait.
I'm not 100% sure if i'm affected, or by how much. My PD was current on November, and filed everything in November also..

I know about the forum that you are talking about. I am not filing for EAD for some time. I hope that AOS applicants will be interviewed next year even though PD is not current as on of members who wrote in that forum wrote.

Just came back from a sucessful walk-in at the ASCoffice . The security officer didn't ask why i'm doing it 16 days earlier than my appt. the whole process took less then 20min. hopefuly this will speed up the process, if not at least i have one less thing to worry about. good luck to everyone and HAPPY HOLIDAYS :)

Just came in from my successful walk in biometrics.

Day 00: 11/23/2010: AOS package sent to Chicago (3.53 pm EST) (i -485, i - 130 , I - 765, I - 864, G - 325 , I -693)
Day 01: 11/24/2010: Package delivered by USPS express and received and signed by R Mercado @2.35 pm
Day 10: 12/03/2010: Checks cashed.
Day 14: 12/07/2010: Received NOAs in the mail for I -130, 1- 765 and I - 485.
Day 21: 12/14/2010: Received biometrics appointment letter for 01/05/2011.
Day 24: 12/17/2010: Biometrics done (successful walk in 18 days before appointment)

Just curious as to where in Philly u did ur walk in. My appt. is in Philly and i am told they don't do walk ins. Congrats to all who got their updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious as to where in Philly u did ur walk in. My appt. is in Philly and i am told they don't do walk ins. Congrats to all who got their updates.

My appointment was at the ASC located at 10300 Drummond Road Suite 100, First Floor Philadelphia, PA 19154. . They didn't even check the date on the appointment and there wasn't many people.

Just came back from a sucessful walk-in at the ASCoffice . The security officer didn't ask why i'm doing it 16 days earlier than my appt. the whole process took less then 20min. hopefuly this will speed up the process, if not at least i have one less thing to worry about. good luck to everyone and HAPPY HOLIDAYS :)

Congratulations R & S and Sheeba and everyone else.

Mistborn and nkm-oct23 how are things looking out on your side?

Good luck everyone and happy holidays

Thanks for asking Boboclan.As of today I have not gotten any Biometrics letter. Hopefully it comes in the mail this week.Congrats on you updates y'all :)

My appointment was at the ASC located at 10300 Drummond Road Suite 100, First Floor Philadelphia, PA 19154. . They didn't even check the date on the appointment and there wasn't many people.
My appointment is for the same address, like I said they told me they don't do walk ins. I guess Ill just just wait. it's only eight more days anyway

Hi boboclan - thanks:)

Quick question - I received the receipt numbers for my applications in email/text on 12/17 and recieved the i-797s receipts through mail on 12/20. So these are not "NOA" correct??? NOA is notice of approval correct?? I am just confused. Thanks
Sheeba

Hi,
Once you get Biometric will there be any kind of update on your 485 status?
The Q is on behalf of relative as he did not get his Biometric so far(He sent application on 11/13 and recd by lockbox. 11/15).
Thanks.

NEWFILER,

There should be an update once biometrics are processed. Did ur relative get any updates yet?
Sheeba, congrats on ur biometric. Mistborn, hope u will get something soon.

NO luck yet.. May be it is because it for a parent of US citizen or may be because I am in Northern CA. Cannot track any case number nor have I received biometric appointment notice. I plan to call USCIS customer service this week.

nkm--
It shall not matter I guess.I checked how Bio appointments are going in in the areas--just to check the load factor on ASCs in the area and it's impact.
The N400 guys are getting letters within 2/3 for appt in few weeks saying that they are on par with any other areas.So some thing to do with NBC ,it seems!

My appointment is for the same address, like I said they told me they don't do walk ins. I guess Ill just just wait. it's only eight more days anyway

I did not call them. I just thought it doesn't hurt to try. All in all yours is pretty close so you can wait.

Hi boboclan - thanks:)

Quick question - I received the receipt numbers for my applications in email/text on 12/17 and recieved the i-797s receipts through mail on 12/20. So these are not "NOA" correct??? NOA is notice of approval correct?? I am just confused. Thanks

Sheeba
Like makrida said, it means Notice Of Action... Your biometrics letter will be next. Hopefully. Good luck.

NO luck yet.. May be it is because it for a parent of US citizen or may be because I am in Northern CA. Cannot track any case number nor have I received biometric appointment notice. I plan to call USCIS customer service this week.

Just hang in there. You will get it. It's true all cases are different and different locations process cases differently so don't panic. I also cannot track any case numbers.